WMoon518's Garden

What States can we legally grow Hemp in? Interesting for sure

2 Likes

Chicken manure is great. I remember it costing a bit more that’s why I suggested steer, but yeah, I used chicken as well in mine.

1 Like

It is, I think it is about $8 a cuft. I can always use chicken as a top dressing later. I agree, it’s better than steer, but not as good as guano.

3 Likes

I like guano, been experimenting with it. So pricey though

1 Like

Why not try growing in the pool? Shit @subcool has done it I believe inside! Lower profile ,extra light from all around the pool for extra reflectivity, use of unused space .

4 Likes

Yep I was thinking the same thing
And if you are in a prohibition state you get a mesh cover that you can cover it up with .
So many possibilities

3 Likes

:+1:I’d think that would be considered an enclosed structure as well depending how picky local laws are?

3 Likes

I actually have thought about that. I was reading about folks who converted them to aquaponics. If I did something like that, I would have to drain the couple hundred (at least) gallons that are in there now and hope that when I put water back in there wouldn’t get all slimy. There is no working filter for it and the on;y thing keeping the mosquitoes down are the fish that Vector puts in there a couple times a year. The water, real slimy.

I have also though about growing stuff in the shallow end , in pots or bins, and that is a possibility.

Maybe @Subcool can give me an idea as to the setup.

1 Like

Not 100% sure. Federally, everywhere. Florida and Pennsylvania for sure. Outside of that I’m not seeing a list or anything. From what I’m seeing most states have some sort of legal hemp, but I’m not sure if they create the same loophole.

In Florida we don’t have the tests to differentiate between hemp and marijuana at any lab, and there is currently no field test capable of discerning between hemp and marijuana (would have to cut off at 1% THC). Basically becomes cost prohibitive to prosecute smaller offenses (samples have to be sent to out of state independent labs on the police department’s dime), and because they cannot differentiate in the field, smell and sight cannot be probable cause anymore.

3 Likes

Thank You, So Null and void if they catch you, I can live with that .

1 Like

I will add they can still get you for DWI and if you admit it is marijuana and not hemp they can still charge you without the testing.

2 Likes

30% shade cloth is what you need.
Growing in the pool is a great idea!

Mark my words, the drug war lobby is sinking millions into making sure tools are developed. As usual, expect this loophole to disappear so the corporate private prisons can be filled. It’s a race to see if we can make cannabis universally legal, before they start imprisoning us all over.

4 Likes

You’re right. I probably should have put this warning in with my addition about DWI. Seemed automatic, so I didn’t think to put it.

In Florida at least I suspect it will be cost prohibitive still. New field tests will be much more expensive than the old ones once developed, plus all the sunk cost of the test kits they currently have that are now useless. On top of that it’s unlikely they will spend on the lab equipment when there’s legislation in the house for recreational currently (the state wants to get control of it before the citizens can get it on the ballot, of course).

1 Like

Nothing to worry about, it is legal, well 6 mature plants any way. Can’t do much as to “hiding” a large amount, in the pool though as I still have Vector coming a few times a year for the mosquito fish. Cover may shield from above but from ground level, not so much.

I may take @Meesh’s (I think it was) advise and mix in with the plants in area #3 (the 4’ wide - or wider if I decide - area). Was looking at putting my “climbers” there so they would blend in with the taller plants. May even put a screen on the patio side to block it from the North side. May not work when I rotate to the area against the fence (#4) but we’ll see.

2 Likes

Well, After a short delay…

I am Officially “In the Shit” :laughing::laughing:

Now, working it in is a WHOLE Nuther Matter.

3 Likes

Oof! I wish you luck. The digging is what kills me every time! Slow and steady wins the race!

Every thing is on hold for the near future. Joe if you want to delete this thread, you can.

Hope everything is alright…

I’d seal off all the old pool stuff & fill that pool with about 4’ of $oil mix & put up a shade/canopy structure. :smile: :swimmer:

No weeds except the ones you put there!

:evergreen_tree:

Uh oh! Hope everything is alright over there

1 Like