Would love to see GDP from early 2000s

Ok I’m not familiar with that breeder but sounds interesting

Yeah the version I kept seeing around 20 years ago was def not perfumey/floral but heavy grape sweet slight hashy terps. Is the NorCal lineage more mendo purps skunk Afghani or big bud x purple urkel? Pretty sure Ken was mendo Afghan skunk but could be wrong. Lavender appearance with almost pastel purple leaves and flowers but don’t remember floral

2 Likes

Yeah the cut gmo has reminds me a lot of urkle, but with a much improved growth structure. Smartees candy grape kind of thing and stinks up the room quickly. Nice relaxing high.

1 Like

I agree. I was able to get some bud from that cut but I haven’t grown it. What’s your opinion on the urkle? @ramblinrose

2 Likes

He was a regular here at the time. I believe he got the seeds from homegrowncannabis .com but I can’t remember for sure.
I may even have a few left… I gotta check my records. That might just have to be grown out if I do. I truly loved that strain.
If I get lucky and end up with a male we all might get lucky.

Is that the kushman place from the various YouTube videos? Always enjoyed watching his content and the Jodrey ganjier stuff

I grew a different urkle cut than what gmo has, at least from pics I saw of his- the one I grew had super tight internodes, very dense leaf growth, and terrible yield. the leaves are similar shaped to gdp. I let urkle go haha - the couple top buds are nice, very similar to gdp.

1 Like

@Headies12green
@Sodapop

my selected AC GDP clones in week 9 flower.

super frosty, super sticky. smells of sweet, grapes/berries and a touch of fuel. flavors are sweet, grapes, berries and fuel.
plant structure displays classic Ken’s GDP traits, but IMO has slightly better/bigger yield and a lot more frost. i have been running the mom for 3yrs. it screamed keeper from the moment it did it’s dirtburst and took off into hard veg. the vigor is nothing like ken’s. it’s an improvement to kens.

if you’re looking for something “right now” i would say to have a chat with OG @Shoreline . his GDP is excellent, and i am currently hunting through his line for a suitable male. all the females i have grown of his have been excellent. i left a smoke report here:

Last year’s outdoor Shoreline GDP harvest

8 Likes

Have you grown the CSI GDP S1s before? I’m just curious because I just germinated some but can’t find any grow logs.

Yeah miss the legendary GDP clone , i did lots of work with it many years ago and even released S1’s, not seen the cut again since losikg it years ago.

Grew real squat , tight nugs, amazing purple colour , and that grape Taste :drooling_face: and Indica potency, was amazing, a 1 off.

Would love to get that cut back but im skeptical it even exists anymore, CSI probably best bet for seeds but i dont use seeds to make strains so no good for me , i want the extremely RARE clone.

Urkle also i wanted to try , not grown or smoked that myself

1 Like

Yeah man exactly what I was thinking… it’s been so many years that I barely remember but it was something else.

No I haven’t ran those

1 Like