Would people want Mentor Aid to help folks?

I think it would be great and help a lot of new growers out to just follow one person’s advice for their first few grows and stick to one style, but that’s just not how most new growers are. Plus, new growers can be crazy impatient freaking out over a mark on a leaf, not get an answer from their mentor within minutes, then off to search the web and confuse themselves even more. Then, when the mentor finally comes on the mentee has done something weird that was recommended by someone else and it becomes a mess. Maybe some system where you can put a little icon or something in your profile that shows you’re open to mentoring and if someone digs your style, they can message you to setup a mentorship. So many different types of growers out there, so definitely need to pair up the correct types. Newer growers though will do a first run of soil, then next run coco, then amended coco after that run, then give DWC a try, then back to coco, and then settle on something. They’d also probably need to be setup as threads where just the mentor and mentee post or else you’re going to get the “um actually” growers coming to analyze and pedantically correct info the mentor gives and confuse the mentee.

4 Likes

Not sure if it would be helpful but I would absolutely be willing to offer a modified version of my cannabis cultivation class for beginners.

What if we created a new subsection for mentors/mentees? You could have mentor profiles including number of mentees one can help, how many they are currently helping, and what their preferred style is. Then you could have the mentees find a mentor they think will be suitable and message the mentor from there. Or if we want to raise server funds as mentioned above, have members who make packs of seeds donate seed, mentees can bid on the seed with the caveat the breeder will be the mentor. Make the mentor information available before bidding so mentees can find the best fit for them.

4 Likes

We could at least get a thread started. Make the 1st post a wiki that links to different posts in the thread

1 Like

Problem is, most people are not ready to be mentored… tried to show a friend how to grow some good organic herb, but i feel like im causing my drama than helping… its amazing, peoples plants dieing and they are so hard headed to hear what advise you are giving…

The good ol sayings:
“You can bring the horse to the pond, but you cannot make him drink!”

“When the student is ready, the teacher will appear!”

Prove to be true nonetheless

Anyone feel free to contact me in case they want some direction towards living soil grow!

2 Likes

I have some ideas that ‘grounding’

See what I did there :rofl:

I will be in touch kind sir

What about channeling this energy into classes? Perhaps a group of pupils and a teacher instead of mentor/mentee dynamics? Just brainstormimg…:thinking: