Yeti's Bustin' Buds with BBP!

Quick update.

I stupidly took in a plant from my neighbor who was going away…(a shortcrack)

Of course I check my room today and notice I now have thrips.

Think I may delay the BBP run for when this is sorted.

7 Likes

I feel for you…

I decided a while back not to take clones, ever… but after reading Joe’s Protocol 0 thread, that might be the only way.

Check it out and see what you think.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

nuke the thrips with caterpillar killer BTK, I can tell you it will kill them for sure. Put a bit in the soil too, in case they are the soil replicating kind. Good for living soils or whatever else, tested and approved. Get it from the hardware store. Drench the plant you can’t overdo it, they should be dead in three days. Government approved as well, you won’t get busted if it’s analyzed for banned substances.

2 Likes

WHY IS THIS NOT A STONER/DESERT ROCK BAND?!?

9 Likes

My friends laugh so hard when I say that. “Oh, just nuke the thrips with some BTK” I say.
“HAh hah nuke them?!?!” was the reply
“It’s more of an extinction event” I conclude.
The treatment killed the onion thrips as well, in the garden, so it’s highly effective. Only warning rain washes it off. The thrips have to eat it, and then dies three days later.

2 Likes

Bacillus thuringiensis kurstaki

There are a bunch of different brand names available Yeti and Joe is correct …you can probably find it at a local garden center with anykind of selection !

Only good thing about thrips is that they really aren’t much harder to kill than aphid…

Good Luck

4 Likes

you only need to learn this lesson once.

4 Likes

Step 1: Accept plant, inspecting for any visual signs of issues to be and keep in quarantine just in case.
Step 2: SOAK PLANT IN SAFERS END ALL, SOAK ROOT MASS WITH BTI TEA
Step 3: Let dry/drain.
Step 4: DO IT AGAIN.
Step 5: Bring to secluded safe-space, if all is well in 1 week introduce into new family :smiley:

@Yetigrows , I really do hope your fuckery ends swift and smooth. :fist:

5 Likes

I thought I was safe…lol

I gave him the plant, the medium, the nutes, the light…

How much bad could happen in THREE WEEKS?

Thrips is the answer.

5 Likes

! :open_mouth: !

Yeah, I took them back in a little over two weeks ago, gave them to him about 6.

2 Likes

“My wife has LOTS of houseplants”.

I learned my lesson.

2 Likes

Always quarantine. I brought a cut from a dispensary and threw it into quarantine. Noticed in a few days a white powder - turned out to be powdery mildew. Now it’s outside in a small greenhouse. Probably will never introduce it to the indoor garden. :beers:

4 Likes

Now I have to figure out what he did to the plants and if they’re worth trying to save. Very yellow.

1 Like

http://ipm.ucanr.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7429.html

Return to sender.

Sounds like his house is infested from bringing in plants from outside, even if you fix it up, as soon as it goes back home, itll be back to stage 1.

that answers my above remark.

1 Like

you can sterilize the mildew colony with sulfur water. It eats the colony alive.

2 Likes

Sound advice, but even with a quarantine and visual inspection issues can arise.

I took in a cut last a couple of years ago. Quarantined it for four weeks with various IPM sprays to be safe. I scoped it and thought it was good to go so I introduced it to my bonsai mother collection.

Turns out that plant had a virus (HpLVd) that ended up spreading through all of my mother stock. I spent almost a year chasing issues before I realized the root cause. I ended up losing everything.

7 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: PROTOCOL 0 “clean your plants”

@Yetigrows Happy Holidaze from Santa BOG.

5 Likes

Thank you again Mr & Mrs @Heliosphear !!!

Merry Christmas All!!

4 Likes