Yoop's 2nd Perpetual Garden Attempt

Hi everyone. Holiday update… The plants are starting to show their stuff. It’s day 11 of flowering. So far, I’ve confirmed 2 of 4 LSD & 1 of 3 Sour Blutooth are female.

I’m still hoping to find more males to cull. I’d like to continue growing 1 each of the Nigerian Sunshine crosses indoors, space permitting.

Speaking of space, the closet is maxed out with 17 plants. Airflow and humidity are becoming problematic. They need to be up potted within a couple days, and then hardening begins. They’re 29 days old.

I’m thinking of relocating the females to the veg cab, and flipping the untested ones in the closet to speed up sexing. Is this a wise move? I’ve still got lots of prep work to do outside before moving them out. I’ll have more pics when the garden is ready. Till next time… :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Greetings OG! The final count on @BogSeeds gear was 2 of 5 female Sour Blu Tooth & 3 of 5 LSD. A couple days ago, I replaced the culled males in the tent, with 1 each of the NS#2 testers (center row). The root mass showed I had maybe a week to up pot the rest.

I think it’ll be an interesting test, seeing the differences between the 3 growing environments in real time.

NS #2 x Goji OG (left) & NS #2 x Granny Skunk #5 (right).

I moved the “tested” Nigerian Sunshine girls into the veg cab, which made for much needed room in the closet. Adding another clip-on fan helped both airflow & humidity problems. They’re developing nubs now, so there was no need to flip them. Couple more days I guess.

The girls

I got 6 15 gal. “Radicle Bags” in the mail today, for the greenhouse grow. I’m working on putting the roof on it now. Our snow load is ridiculous. I’m hoping to have it ready by this coming weekend. Old saying here…“Don’t set your plants out till the full moon in June”. The veg cab & closet will be empty soon. Time to decide which strains are next, and get on track for 2-3 week harvest cycles. :peace_symbol:

7 Likes

@yooper63
They all look happy and healthy . Where about are you that you still have snow? Very far up north?

1 Like

Thanks for lookin’ in and the kind words. My apologies, I was well medicated when I posted, lol, and could have explained it better. We’re 46 deg N and the snow, (212" this winter) is finally gone. I have to disassemble the roof each year before it collapses from the weight.

2 Likes

Im 42 deg N . I wouldn’t of figured it was that bad. We barely get snow here any more. We used to.

2 Likes

That delirius really finished up nicely, chunked out and beauty colors! I know that cat piss smell well haha

2 Likes

Any idea what strains are related to that “Cat Piss” smell?
I first noticed it on Pineapple Chunk but something I read later caused me to think it came from the cheese side.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I remember smelling it on some widows and old skunks/sweet skunks. I don’t think I’ve noticed it on many contemporary strains, the orange sunshine I just finished has a hint of it.

2 Likes

That makes sense, Cheese was an old pheno of Skunk.
So… Anything that has that CP smell probably has a link to that old Skunk line… (Working Hypothesis)

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I’ve researched a little bit, and I believe it comes from the Skunk#1. There’s Skunk #1 in both parents, more so on the mother’s (RKS) side. Hippy Slayer = Dirty Hippy x RKS. GDP = (Skunk #1 x Afghani) x Mendo Purps. RKS = Skunk #1 x Afghani(ca). Whichever it is, I love Delirious!

4 Likes

Hey OG! We hope you’re all well & safe. Lots of things to catch up on since the witch set us free! All of the plants suffered a pH lockout. pH was .3 lower than displayed. My pen drifts upwards every 2-3 days, time for a new one. They’re recovering a bit.
The flowering tent, Day 24: Sour BluTooth, LSD & 2 testers.

Day 31

Nigerian Sunshine testers Day 8 flowering.

The same 2 a week later.

The Nigerian Sunshine testers (in Veg) suffered pH effects the most. EC was 1.1, yet it looks like an N def.

The effects of light intensity are evident between the closet & cab plants. I’ve been hardening them off for 5 days now. They’ll be outside permanently tomorrow. We’ll see how it plays out.

NSxGoji (front) NSxGranny Skunk (back)

NSxGranny Skunk

I’ll have to split these testers into their own grow log soon. Outdoor & semi-organic? I hope to be able to post garden & greenhouse pics this weekend. :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Hi All! I hope you’re all well. I apologize for being absent so long. I finally got my laptop back from the repair shop. I can’t tell you how good I feel after 4 weeks of near isolation. Lots to catch up on. First up… LSD & Sour Blu Tooth.
Day 45 Flowering

LSD #3 and SBT #2

Day 57F

Day 63F

I chopped the Sour Blu Tooth 4 days ago (66 days). The trichomes just wouldn’t ripen. The LSD’s went down this morning (70 days).

The Nigerian Sunshine testers final count is 6 females of 11 NS x Goji, and 7 of 12 NS x Granny Skunk #5.
The indoor testers, Day 28F. Goji (left) & Granny Skunk (right)

These are the Outdoor plants hardening on the deck.

It’s probably time to give the outdoor testers their own thread. More updates tomorrow. Damn, I’m glad to be back! :peace:

8 Likes

Oh yeah!

Labor day party at Yoop’s, damn you are going to have a bumper harvest! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

And a Birthday party too! Fingers crossed, lol. It’s my biggest grow, (and test) by far. My biggest concern is controlling the bugs and bud rot. Both were bad last year. They’re doing OK so far…

1 Like

Hi OG fam! This perpetual thing is tough to keep up with :crazy_face:. 3 weeks late, and I just soaked 4 “Pedro’s Special” gifted by @Pedro_Bann. Last year, 1 out of 4 was female. Great medicine, so I’ll try growing them again.

The Nigerian Sunshine “indoor” testers will get chopped in the morning. The Trichomes are 10-20% amber after 60 days of 12/12.
Day 42 Flowering - Nigerian Sunshine x Granny Skunk#5

Nigerian Sunshine x Goji

Day 59 F NS x Goji

NS x Granny Skunk

Trim jail awaits! The 2 Sour Blu Tooth’s are ready to trim & cure. The LSD’s are a couple days behind in drying. I’m organizing what scribbled notes I have on the outdoor testers. That thread should be up in a couple days. Till next time, take care & stay safe! :peace:

7 Likes

Hi Everyone. My apologies to all. I’ve been so concentrated on the outdoor grow, I forgot to update this one. The Pedro seeds were planted in Solo cups with a 50/50 mix of Vermicompost & Fertilome. I’m leaning towards organic on this grow. We’ll see… it’s a learning experience. I didn’t take any baby pics, so here they are 14 days from sprouting.

Up potted to 1 gal bags yesterday

I found some old, (extra?) testers from @Swampthing while cleaning out the fridge. 5 went for a swim. Better late than never, :disappointed_relieved:.

This gives me 3 weeks to get my sh!t together, and decide what to plant next. I’ve got several packs of @LED_Seedz gear… any suggestions? The construction is about done on the greenhouse. I’ll be updating more often. Good Health & Heavy Harvests to all! :peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Hi OG fam! I’m not one for baby pics, but, here’s the 5 Sasha’s I soaked 5 days ago. They’re in the same soil mix as Pedro’s Special.

“Pedros Special” is, iirc, Big Hero (Big Kush x Herijuana) x Kronocaine.Quick pain relief, and a functional stone, (unless you sit down)

I think they like the soil mix.They’re at the 6th node now. I’ll top & up pot 'em later this week. :peace:.

6 Likes

Hi All! The Pedro’s were moved to the closet, more light for the Sasha babies.

Sasha, Day 7 .

#4 is Trifoliate

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! The good news is, 3 of the 4 “Pedro’s Special” are females. #1 (far left) is the doomed male.

So far, there is no bad news :crossed_fingers:.
The Sasha’s are 2 weeks from sprouting.

The Trifoliate (#4) is keeping up with the others.

I’ll up pot them this week, and move them all (Pedro’s to the tent, Sasha to the closet), to make room for some “Special Kosher” that are soaking right now. This could be interesting. They’re Soak n’ Beans freebies, without genetic info. Good Health & Heavy Harvests :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Beautiful plants n nice clean grow! Im feeling guilty need to go sweep mine out…maybe mop it too😀. Seriously looking good man!

2 Likes