You won't go cheap on what?

Coffee (Lavazza blue),
Nutes for the plants,
best non grain small breed food for doggo,
Best seed and pellets for birdo,

Everything else is quested as cheap as possible due to latchkey kid survival childhood.

9 Likes

I have since I was 21. When you get older you will understand.

10 Likes

Coffee, food and tools…

5 Likes

Cooking oil.

Nice cold-pressed organic coconut oil is maybe $3 more than the cheaper solvent extracted variety. It only takes a small spoonful of each to appreciate the difference in taste and quality.

6 Likes

Oh yeah, I too won’t cheap out on cooking oil… this is all I use…lots of health benefits to boot.

7 Likes

Avocado oil is my go-to where coconut oil won’t do, usually for baking :+1:

I just love that tropical flavour :coconut:

4 Likes

I always choose local beers wherever i go. :beers:
Usually a bit more expensive but worth it.

3 Likes

Hunting and fishing supplies, /gear. That’s my vice. I don’t spend much money on anything else besides gas at an ever inflating rate! Edit also modifications on my 91 wrangler.

3 Likes

I was also going to say gas. I only use regular but still, it sure isn’t cheap now a days around here.
Living on the outsides of town has its advantages, but not fuel mileage.

4 Likes

Lol I still spend on weed … still waiting to complete my 1st grow indoor… 6 months in… going crazy!! Not giving up for anything… EVER!! 500 a month on weed… shitty…" things are going to change I can feel it " (beck, loser reference)

13 Likes

Everytime. :slight_smile:

Here’s an old Oklahoma folk song on this topic.
:guitar:

6 Likes

Dog food
Grow equipment
Cooking appliances/utensils/knives
Meat/Produce

High price doesn’t always correlate to quality though. There’s expensive brands that sell cotton T shirts for like $800 made out of the exact same material as one that is $5.

6 Likes

I will not drink crap coffee or beer. I also don’t cheap out on my weed forums. I pay to be here and wouldn’t trade the OG!

7 Likes

I am 40 and neglected my teeth since I was in my late teens, just had a wisdom tooth and a molar removed 3 weeks ago , still have to go back for a filling. After all that neglect I feel very fortunate it wasn’t way worse, I am planning to visit the dentist twice per year going forward. Anyone I know who have dentures have all said having your real teeth are better so want to make them last. But as far as things I won’t cheap out on lighters is definitely on my list I will post more as I think of some.

4 Likes

When I retired my financial advisor said I was able to as I lived a frugal life. Well that was when he signed on board, before that I partied a fair amount. But there was talk about closing our plant down and I started to save more as I didn’t know where my life was going. Then went back to school, started in my field at a entry level wage, did not spend more than I had to. Started doing ok and then got hit by my illness. I knew I could not work as long as I wanted to so continued to save. I finally retired as the pain I was going through was not worth the money.

One thing I did do is buy a new car. Not expensive but not an entry level car, I do like a level of comfort. I did not drive much, covid screwed up the last couple of years for trips with it. Other than that I make due with less (no cheap TP though). If I did not have to sink a really big chunk of cash into my house which will do nothing for the value, I might entertain an extra vice or two. Collected enough crap over the years to keep me busy, may have to buy some good woodworking tools.

5 Likes

Gas, cleaning products (the dollar tree stuff is total crap especially the bleach), growing suppies to a certain extent, and yes of course coffee, i use a swissgold coffee filter so i can get all the good oils from my coffee.

3 Likes

I have that SUPERDRY fetish too, I own far too much of it.

I agree with anyone who has said beer or shoes.

I also believe that steak can be safely added to the list.

I’d add cars too, with the preface that the expensive car MUST be German.

3 Likes

My weed! Thank goodness that’s relatively free now.

2 Likes

Lifestyle
Never short myself on lifestyle.

5 Likes

I have to agree about most food… Meat in general. Safety equipment… Engine parts for my motorcycle… Scotch.

1 Like