YoungDad420’s grow log

Great looking plants and congratulations on the new edition. My 5 year old boy had a birthday the first of this month. My youngest grand child is older then him…lol. My two oldest kids are 5 years apart. It really was good for them.

3 Likes

Thank you all, I appreciate every one of you!

The c99grapefruit is drying up nicely and I expect to be able to sample this weekend. It smells like a tad bit coffeeish with hints of fuel and fruit.

The Facewreck is fattening up and most of the pistils are still white so should be a few weeks out yet. Smells very citrusy. Probably going to have to tie the branches up to keep the buds from bowing over.

I threw the Darkstar x purple urkle, which I have chosen to call “Waldo Faldo”, into the flower tent along with a black cherry punch clone that I got a couple weeks back from the dispo. I am just running out of room and waiting to battle high temps. If I need to I will attempt to move Waldo outdoors towards the end of July to hopefully finish off early outdoors.

10 Likes

Still chugging along. Waldo has twisting leaves that are getting twistier in flower.

The freak Facewreck clone still lives in the cloner. I think ultimately it will be trashed but might as well see how far I can take it :man_shrugging:

Put the last couple Waldo seeds in paper towels tonight so hopefully they germinate but really I don’t expect they will.

Have a safe weekend!

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing your DIY cloner and the list!!

2 Likes

Looks like she is reverting back to a veggative state. Give her some time and you should see normal single blades leaves, then thre, then five when she is fully back in a veggative state.

5 Likes

C99xgrapefruit is curing up. Ended up pulling about 3.5 ounces off the two, which is much better than I thought I would after my early problems. Facewreck is going to go another week or two. Pistols starting to brown and most buds are tied up due to falling under the weight of the buds. Have 3 sweet timers in solo cups for the solo cup challenge. Outdoor plants are now reaching for the sky. My Galadriel clone was given to me with spider mites that I didn’t notice until they had taken over. It appeared to be the only one effected so it was isolated, has been sprayed with pesticides, and all others are getting a “maintenance” spray as well.

Had a busy weekend, ended up getting some more unknown bagseed from a friend as well a can fan, 2 brand new hortilux bulbs, and some nutes.

Quick trim on the c99grapefruit but I think it’s looking good :sunglasses:

Sweet Timers. One has a weird leaf thing going on.

Facewreck. Best picture I could get with the lights on.

16 Likes

Discovered that the mites are just about everywhere now. Cut the Facewreck down, drying it in the veg tent. Pulled everything but 2 of waldos clones and and the 3 sweet timers. Moved them to the flowering tent but I am keeping them in veg there until the Facewreck is dry. Then I am going to deep clean both tents and bomb the garage. Hate to have done it but I wasn’t ready to fight the long fight and this seemed like the simplest way to solve the problem. I’m gutted about the whole thing but now I can clear the space to do some other things and most of the plants I had weren’t going to be keepers long term. Lesson learned about inspecting clones closely on arrival.

4 Likes

I’m recovering from the trauma. The seedlings took a minor hit being doused in neem oil but I think if I stay on top of it it should be good. Removed all the effected leaves from Waldo’s clones and am going to hit them with Dr Zymes tomorrow and neem again a few days later. Once the FW is dry I am going to bomb the garage.

Meanwhile, after a 24 hour soak and 2 days in the paper towel with no sign of germination, I hastily manually cracked the last 2 Waldo seeds and it payed off. They were planted tonight. Pray for a boy.

And…Facewreck drying up. Very citrusy to extremely citrusy if a bud is disturbed. Big hard buds. Even though it came down early, should be killer.

9 Likes

Sucks a fat one about the mites. My condolences. I see you bouncing back already.

1 Like

Daaang look at those SPS corals. Acros and montis?

I challenge any grower to try reefing; it’ll humble you lol y’all think hydro is difficult…mahfuckas think they know calcium…

Shit looks sexy as fuck. Nice job my dude.

4 Likes

I’m not an arrogant person, but when it comes to reef aquariums in Arizona, I’m that dude. Not too many people in this country have handled as many beautiful fish and corals as I have had the privilege of doing. I’m an expert at water quality in a reef. If you need anything aquarium related, let me know. Growing weed, not so much. Still in junior high weed school.

13 Likes

That’s utterly insane. Capital work my dude.

I’m sure you’re finding out quickly that there’s a lot of overlap between serious aquaria and growing. It’s basically the same thing, really, just with 5 times as many moving parts and a much, much narrower margin of error.

I need to get back into it. It’s been over a decade, I check back into the forums periodically to see what I’m missing. Hard to explain to the wife that I need to raid the savings account to overnight a dozen live shrimp from some guy in Taiwan.

3 Likes

I have a wholesale account at MarineDepot.com I can hook up for you whenever you’re ready!:sunglasses: Just to throw fuel on that fire. Or if you need stuff for Hydro too as you pointed out! This is OG my dude, we keep it tighter than a gnats’ ass here. The rewards are endless…

4 Likes

Same to you friend, if you need anything I got, just holler.

1 Like

Thinking about what beans to pop next. I have some Pink Kush 1.1, a few LA Confidentials, and a couple TRC blueberry x Cherry hashplant that I am contemplating. Thinking about waiting on the TRC gear until I might be able to find someone else to contribute a few more to a preservation or if that doesn’t happen, finding a worthy cross to preserve it the best I can. Don’t know yet.
The outdoor:

8 Likes

Facewreck getting trimmed up and jarred. Heat has been a tad bit excessive in the last few days and it was drying out too quickly. The outside is a little crispy but the buds are so dense that the inside still has a lot of moisture and the flavor and smell is still very strong and smells lemon-lime gassy.

I wear x large gloves :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Both Waldo seedlings fell over and died. Indoors has been moved outside due to heat and pest issues and I will be starting back up in October after the outdoor is all finished up. I will have enough bud to get me through a few months so I will probably try my hand at breeding and I want to do a preservation on a TRC pack I have called Heavenly Klingon. But it will all have to wait for the time being. I will be updating my outdoor grow in the outdoor section until then.

Heavenly Klingon Adventure - Bigislandbuds Heavenly Klingon mix combines the best of Blue Heaven and Sugar Klingon, with an emphasis on the sativa side of things. Dutch Flowers Sugar Klingon stud fathered both a DJ Short Blue Heaven and a Dutch Flowers Sugar Klingon. All specimens will have nice branching, copious bud sites as well as a nice uplifting euphoric high which is long lasting. Flowering times will vary between 55-70 days depending on growing methods.

6 Likes

I cleaned up the small tent and brought it inside into a climate controlled environment. I am going drop some beans tonight. For now the Heavenly Klingon is being put off. I am instead going to crack a couple TRC Blucherries (blueberry x cherry hp) and some Oregon Huckleberry F3 from @ubcchemo. My ultimate goal is to preserve the TRC strain but I only have 2 seeds so if crossing is my only option I will do that and then maybe back cross. I’m also going to drop a couple Reservoir SSSDH x g13 that are old to see if they germ. It is the Sturgeon moon tonight so hoping my beans get off to a strong start.

8 Likes

Got crazy and dunked a couple Pink Kush 1.1’s as well😎

4 Likes

So far 1 Blucherries, 2 OHB, and 1 Pink Kush are showing tails. No movement on the other. Kinda surprised at the Pink Kush being the first to be ready to plant considering the beans are old and very immature looking.
Pink Kush 1.1 seeds

Pink Kush germ

Blucherries

Oregon Huckleberry

And my indoor setup. The central air is set to 73 F. Have a 6 inch fan at 50%, 600 watt mh conversion at 60% for right now and the temp control at 70 F to keep the fan constant, as well as an oscillating fan. Going to have to see where everything levels off and make adjustments later but should be a great setup for vegging inside for a month or so.

8 Likes