YoungDad420’s grow log

Non grow update: Found out today we will be welcoming a baby boy into our family! I think that is a good place to stop :joy:. 1 girl, 1 boy. Balance will be restored

7 Likes

Congratulations. What will be the age difference in the kids?

1 Like

They are going to be 5 1/2 years apart which seems like a pretty big gap but I think it’s perfect. My daughter is old enough now that she is really excited to get to help and be a big sister. Also their birthdays will be spaced by almost exactly 6 months which gives us time to recover.

4 Likes

My two oldest are 5 years apart and my daughter, the oldest, is still the most important person in my son’s life. Just try to avoid what I did later. Next one was 8 years later. My last was 19 years after him. That is what I get for marrying a younger woman…lol

4 Likes

We are definitely calling it at this point :joy:. I didn’t really have a preference for boy or girl this time around, just want a healthy kid. Now that I know he’s a boy I am getting real excited to have a little man. Don’t get me wrong, I know my daughter can do anything a little boy can and I love having a daughter as I have always been a tad on the sensitive side and I always embrace the feminine energy in my household, but it will be nice to balance that energy and have another pal to run around with.

4 Likes

Totally agree. I only have one girl and she has an advantage over all her brothers, but it is really great to pal around with my sons.

2 Likes

5 have germinated and have been planted. 2 last night and 3 today. Surprisingly, again, the Pink Kush is the first to break ground and shed its cap with no problems. All three Oregon Huckleberry germed (thanks again @ubcchemo and @Hugh_Glass for hooking it up) and are planted as well as one Blucherries.

5 Likes

Really enjoyed reading/catching up on your thread. I can relate to trying to find more hobbies to enjoy at home and so far so good. Looking forward to following along. Congrats on the baby boy as well
Happy growing :seedling:

2 Likes

Congratulations on your upcoming addition to your family!

Zombieland, rule #32Enjoy the little things! :call_me_hand: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

5 up. The second bluecherries was not opening up so I cracked it gently and planted it. Had to throw down some more pink kush too as I have now only had 2/5 germ and the second is getting planted tonight. One SSSDH g13 cracked but is not putting out a tail. Will probably plant that tonight too if a tail doesn’t wiggle out by then. All the previously planted seeds have sprouted.

6 Likes

Unfortunately only the one Blucherries survived and neither of the SSSDH popped, one split and and swelled but never put out a tail. Anyhow I have 1 Blucherries, 2 Pink Kush 1.1, 3 Oregon Huckleberry, and 4 clones on ice that I am going to root in a couple weeks.

Blucherries at the bottom of the pic, 2 Pink Kush and 3 OHB Clockwise from that.

6 Likes

Also collected some dummy dust from the C99grapefruit with my ghetto rig which is a reusable coffee filter with a jimmy rigged lid, and a larger tupperware that I shake furiously into :joy:. Working out so far and I will be further processing the already worked material into some rso to get the most I can out of it. I will post more pics of the rig and process later.

8 Likes

Here are the plants tonight. Have some clones in the cloner, some of the Waldo, Bc gold, G13 skunk, a purple punch and 2 unknowns as of right now. The 2 unknowns were from my mom, she couldn’t remember the strain name but she is getting back to me. Was a nice dark green indica bush with giant fan leaves.

8 Likes

Another week gone by with nothing major to report. Will probably give them their first light feeding this week and pot up to 2 gallon the next week. I’m going to have to veg in the 2 gallons until I get the bigger tent going. Temps are dropping next week it looks like. Evenings already feel like fall.

7 Likes

The sky is filled with smoke and we have lost a couple small towns not far away. A wildfire is now within 20 miles of us and people are evacuating and I am anticipating having to evacuate as well. Really hoping it doesn’t happen but we are packed and ready for it. Godspeed. 2020 is fucking cray. :pray:

4 Likes

Prayers your way. Being safe is the most import thing.

1 Like

Take care if you have to leave good luck that your place gets missed.

1 Like

Keeping your family safe is the most important thing!! Hoping it changes direction.

1 Like

I am really hoping it doesn’t get to us but it sounds like if it doesn’t it is still going to be around us for awhile. It has been snowing ash here all day and the smoke is so bad now you can’t see 100 yards away.

2 Likes

Still no evacuation orders but the fire is steadily marching forward and the folks evacuating today are just a few miles away. I am still optimistic about the whole situation.

And now back to the real subject of the thread. Plants are doing well. Started to get some white spots on the leaves that looked like mildew and were spreading, but I hit them with some SM90 and it was gone the next day. The clones in solo cups are both Darkstar x Purple Urkle and my FIL is pretty sure the label on the bag they were in has the parents listed in reverse. So PU would be the mother.

I picked up a crazy score on CL that set me up for a 2 plant hydro grow. So I am going to run some auto strains @Mr.Sparkle so kindly sent me. The seeds are going into rock wool tonight.

11 Likes