YoungDad420’s grow log

sm90 is a banned substance in my country, but I am curious to see the effect on powdery mildew. I usually extinct the mildew in veg then never see it again ever, using sulfur. Humankind’s/plant’s most effective fungicide. Never spray in bloom.

3 Likes

It’s not available here either but I got a full unopened bottle in a deal for used grow equipment and people had said they used it with success. Seems to have worked. No more mildew

2 Likes

heh heh it’s a tricky parasite, we’ll see if it re-surfaces after the applications stop. Takes a bit of time before you know if it’s really worked.

2 Likes

I’m going to spray them again. Just giving it a few days in between

2 Likes

Setup 2 buckets for hydro. I’m going to use this tent to run autos and to keep a couple mothers eventually. Mothers may eventually take it over but I have not run autos since my first grow in 2014 and have never tried hydro so it should be fun even if I fail. Going to run CES 3 part with cal mag and armor si. Trying to keep it simple with what I already have on hand.

3 Likes

Still at home. Smoke nonstop for over a week. Air quality is hazardous but went down a little today. We are supposed to have scattered thunder and lightning storms tomorrow and Friday with rain most likely coming on Friday. I think we are pretty close to the clear and maybe might see the sky in the coming week. My outdoor, which was doing really well, is not doing too great but it’s still trying.

I transplanted everything in the tent into 2 and 3 gallon pots because I didn’t look when grabbing out of the 3 gallon bin so I ended up with 5-2 gallon bags which should work fine for now. Blucherries is a confirmed female :call_me_hand:, Huckleberry #2 is looking like a dude. All 3 of the Huckleberry plants look very uniform so far. The close ups aren’t great but if you look closely you can see a pistil.

Also put the auto seedlings in their buckets. They have survived a couple days and are growing but I waited to post because I was sure I would kill them. @LabRat they live! Thanks for the help. Ph rises slowly throughout the day so I have been adjusting in the evening. Been using the old frozen water bottle trick while it is still a little warm in the garage for 3-4 hours a day.

8 Likes

Your plants look great. Stay safe bro.

3 Likes

Decided to cut a very small lower nug to see the progress of the seeds. Shucked 6 out, crushed one to inspect its innards, and took a picture of the other 5. All look good but still slightly translucent-greenish around the edges so I will wait a little longer but for my first chuck I’m pretty happy with it.

9 Likes

I am just as green as the beans apparently :joy:. First time harvesting seeds and I took my samples from a fresh bud without letting it dry. That being said, I let the beans sit in a cup overnight and that little bit of drying browned them up a little more. Still going to let them go another week to make sure they are ripe and I’m going to leave the samples out for another week to dry and try germinating them. Based on my sample size I would be happy with 100 seeds but could very well be more.

8 Likes

Update on the hydro. Everything is going smoothly. Going to change the nute solution tonight. Got a couple roots coming out of the bottom of the net cup now. Going to get another big air pump for maximum bubbles since I have to go to the pet store for my daughter’s pet frogs, Marco and Delphina.

7 Likes

Update: Everything going pretty well. Woke up this morning to something going on on one of the hydro plants leaves. Could use some help on that if anyone knows what it could be. The res temp has gone as low as 62 F the last couple nights but usually in between 65 and 69. I just bumped up the ppm adding 1 ml of cal mag, 2 ml of grow and 1ml of bloom. Ph has been balanced never going above 6.0. Other than that it is all looking good. Looks like I am going to end up with at least two males: A pink kush and OHB. The OHB showed first and is aggressively showing now with 17 hours of light and is a little gangly with a mellow stem rub so he will probably be tossed. The pink kush has fat leaves, a short and tight structure, looks almost identical to its sister and has a very offensive burnt rubber stem rub. Still not 100% that it’s a male, but if it is he may stick around.

8 Likes

Looks like a micro nutrient thing to me, whats the conductivity of the solution?

1 Like

EC is .6, 400 Ppm. Don’t know much about hydro so please guide me :joy:

Looking now I see this is not good. I will add more nutes. Been taking it real easy, perhaps too easy.

yah usually I have the EC higher than that, probably like EC 1 but I am running a higher ph like 6.5. If the plant gets clawed leaves you can dilute it with 1/3 plain water.

2 Likes

Took her up to 1/3 of the recommended nutes. Now sitting at 1.1, 780 ppm and ph is 6.0 but I will balance in about an hour when it has stabilized.

1 Like

That bottom one looks like maybe calcium deficiency?
I’d definitely be careful on the nutes if it’s DWC. For reference, I never went past 900ppm on 0.5 scale on a 3-4ft plant using maxibloom/canna or house&garden nutes.

1 Like

Looks like a cal/mag issue, but I’m no hydro expert

1 Like

I’m running cal mag too so hopefully upping the amount I did helps.

I usually hit EC 3.0 in my water culture, and I run it at ph 6.2. That’s when the plants are big…I am usually at EC 2.0 in veg when the plants are 10cm tall. I realize that’s unlike most water culture grows where the ph is 5.5 and the EC is 1.4.

2 Likes