Your First Seeds

Hey everyone. I saw the post about the ‘last seeds you ordered’ and i’m now curious… what was your first seeds purchase? seeds names/breeders. and how long ago was it? would you grow them again?

back in 2010-2011 my first purchase was a pack of serious seeds chronic. major disappointment. no potency, airy buds. it was supposed to be a high yielder but it just sucked. then i ordered a pack of flying dutchmen white widow. ridiculous racing overwhelming anxiety but major creativity. the buds looked like a shade of blue, not purple blue or anything, just a light sky blue. the smoke was very thick and silky, tasted like birthday cake frosting. i don’t think flying dutchmen seeds can be found anywhere these days but they had some old school stuff that most people overlooked.

what about all of you?

21 Likes

I bought these two packs from a dispensary in Colorado when I lived there. I bought them for shits and giggles, and never intended to grow them. A few months later I left my job and moved back home. It was almost legal, so I decided to start growing. I learned A LOT from these two packs of beans. I have a single seed of each left, and I’m afraid I’d fuck em up if I tried germinating them.

14 Likes

nice choices for your first seeds, :+1:

1 Like

I went to buy some, they actually didn’t have what I wanted, even tho the website said they did. I bought these instead and I’m glad they were out of stock :joy:

2 Likes

My first pack I ever bought was Cutlass Supreme from Ocean Grown. They all hermed but one was just so amazingly fresh tennis ball. I can’t find any info on it anymore probably because of the herm rate. I miss it for the smell but I also remember it having a density and growth that I didn’t like.

9 Likes

First seeds for me were Blackberry Moonrocks by Anesia seeds. Only got a 3 pack. One didn’t pop, the second is languishing in 5 pH nutes that are a month old and I havent tried popping the 3rd. Just kinda gave up a bit after 4 months of shit either not coming up or dying for some unknown reason. All my typical workings just aren’t working. Oh well. I’ll try to save her eventually.

6 Likes

Green Point - Periwinkle Pie.
Wedding Pie x Purple Punch

Beautiful and massive plant and knocked my socks off… Haven’t grown anything GPS in a long while now.

7 Likes

Back around 2009 I bought Barney’s farms Acapulco gold thc bomb from bomb seeds and big bud I think from sensi wasn’t anything noteworthy honestly the brick weed seeds I grew I found better plants :joy: and compared to chocolope and white rhino I grew around 2011ish

11 Likes

I think the first pack I bought was nirvana bubblicious and then a ton of TGA.

9 Likes

Around 03-05 ordered serious seeds bubblegum. The order said don’t throw anything away when you receive it. So it show up, 3.5" floppy disk taped to a piece of cardboard. I tear the 3.5" floppy open, nothing. Then start squeezing the ridges of the cardboard and think I feel something. After cutting and prying at the cardboard there is a tiny bag rolled up inside one of the cardboard corrugations. Never was able to finish growing one out as my buddies mom found them about a foot tall. better than anyone else finding it I guess.

12 Likes

The guy at the grow store told me about the Attitude seed bank, and recommended that I get Big Buddha’s LA Cheese. From what I remember, it was a decent grow and was good to smoke! I’ve considered getting it again to see what it’s like again.

7 Likes

i have a few t-shirts from ordering with attitude. also a couple wallets, lol. when their shipping from the UK stopped working they started a second site from Ireland (choice seeedbank). exact same site, same inventory etc. i’ve long since changed over to US sites but that’s where i started.

8 Likes

I’ve ordered from them a few times since they were the only place that carried certain things and would ship to the US, and it’s gone well every time. Their freebies are solid, too, but they’re kind of the Walmart of seed banks. I got some Rare Dankness socks from them one time!

3 Likes

First “real” seeds were NL#1, and Skunk #1 from Sensi Seeds. My best friend and I went to Amsterdam twice back in 94’. Once in April for his birthday and Queens day, the second in November for the Cannabis Cup. April was our first time there and we bought the packs right at the Sensi Seeds shop in the middle of the city. We were 19 at the time. Grew the NL outside that summer but lost the Sk#1 in a move about a year later. :disappointed_relieved:

10 Likes

Crop king seed -jack herer

First plant, first true hermaphrodite

One half the plant threw balls and the other half threw hair. I was a very confused new grower.

8 Likes

Well that sucks. I have some freebie seeds that are supposed to be good. A Motor city fighter or something like that…from Great Lakes Genetics. Long bottom fighter maybe? Something about Hillbilly too…I’m sure you could find info. There’s a few packs of 5. Yours if you want them. Otherwise I only have landrace seed I could offer.
My first pack of purchased seed was Fucking Incredible, Gspot, and Burmese Afghan from VISC around the year 2000 or so. They all died on me after using Cal Mag with EDTA in it. It wasn’t meant to be I suppose.

7 Likes

Seeds From The Igloo, from The Penguin and Erlanger, 2002 or so.
Ozgum, Ozghani, JackFlash x Super Skunk, and one more I’m not remembering.
Found their thread here, on the OG, full of either loved the beans or hated the germ rates of the JFxSS.
Being so new, and such a newb, they did not answer my PM’s.
However, as a lurker, I read where many Australian folks were hanging out at, Karma Genetics, registered, and used the same handle, and started posting over there.
Eventually striking up some conversation with The Penguin, and then later on, asking if I could buy some beans.
He did not want money, he told me to send him a recite for a $50.00 donation to UNICEF!
Then he loaded me up with far more than we agreed on.
DSCF0521 early seed display
This pic was taken a few years later on. Sorry for the pic quality, I’m shocked they are still here, as that was like 3-4 computers ago, and going through all the transfering partitions and what not, I lost thousand of snaps.
A very kind man!

8 Likes

13 years ago. It was still “illegal” but there was a brick and mortar seed bank around town!

I picked up some Green House Seeds Bubba Kush. :pray:

5 Likes

Went to the Dam in 95, after backpacking around Europe for 6-7 wks. Funds where low but I snagged my first packs of seed.

And one from Hemp Works, which went on to become THseeds.

Shortly after that, we started being able to buy seed packs in my part of the world(:canada:). Here’s a few from just before and just after 2000, that I managed to save.

If your wondering, the early Dutch stuff I bought was blah. One and done. The second wave was a bit more interesting and the Soma was decent but not good enough to stick around at the time.
:grin::v:

13 Likes

Crop king Candy Cane Auto and Northern Lights Auto.

My first grow I read extensively on forums and focused mainly on food / PH management. I did pretty darn good for a first grow.

No complaints, except I’m now a photo period grower with way better beans. I like having control of flowering :slight_smile:

4 Likes