Zephyr grows and creates

I’m hopping back on the Lebanese for a bit as well. I’ll get a thread started up tomorrow, but so far I have 2 nice looking adolescent Black Lebanon from Geneseeds and some Black & Blue Lebanese and Syrian babies that are recovering from a bit of neglect.

I like following along with your Lebanese grows. I’ll have some pictures to share pretty soon as well.

11 Likes

I’m really excited to see what those black and blue lebanese look like. The blue hemp switzerland lebanese sounds very unique.

7 Likes

quick update-
I have smoke reports written for both phenos of the the guava “F” f2, ready to post as soon as I sort through the photos.

I’m starting another breeding project, I finally have a confirmed Maple Leaf Indica Male to go with the beautiful maple leaf female. The male sure took his time to show sex. He is a strange narrow leaf afghani, I’ll post some photos soon. They are a fun pair, narrow leaf male, broad leaf female.

I have cuttings of the female. I keep my cloning simple, I just put two in soil and two in water, and we’ll see what takes root. It’s a really nice looking female plant so far in veg and preflower.

I’m about to start flowering in both tents so I can grow some sinsemilla meds in one tent while I’m making seeds in the other. So given the circumstances I’ll probably just use these maple leaf cuttings for sinsemilla, and go back to the seed stock next time I want to breed or grow the maple leaf.

9 Likes

You find that maple leaf out of mine, Zep?

1 Like

I actually got really lucky, out of the two plants that survived from my sensi seeds pack, I actually got a male and a female to reproduce.

Thanks again for that maple leaf x mazar olereynard, that was really helpful to have a contingency plan in case I didn’t end up with a male. If I didn’t get a male from these two plants, I would have reveged or taken cuttings of the maple leaf females, and bred them with your stock.

I’m very excited to grow those out. I will grow them alongside my maple leaf and use them to expand the diversity of the line. And of course I’ll send you stock of anything I make with them.

4 Likes

guava f2 B#2 concentrate-
this is just a simple everclear alcohol extract, which was called “honey oil” in the old prop 215 prop 420 california medical system.

Funky sweet smell, like agave with a tinge of artificial flavoring. It also has something that reminds me of the slight off / bitter smell of blue liquid food dye.

Pretty good results for such a simple process. This will definitely need to be vaporized with the e-nail, it melts right through flower.

This line could be very impressive with more sophisticated extraction methods, rosin or ice water hash could be amazing with a pheno like this.

13 Likes

we just had what this city would consider a snow storm, which would really be average snow for the midwest or for the mountains. the city utilities are completely fucked up.

2 and a half hour power outage on friday, I was able to get my simple timers back on schedule within 5 minutes.

Then this morning starting around 4 am we had another power outage that lasted at least 9 hours. I have an autonomic condition and my body can’t adjust for sudden changes in temperature, so I’m not in great shape at the moment. severely impaired coordination, and still kinda numb in the extremities.

I opened up the tents to get some air circulation while the power was out. Plants looked ok, but had dew drops all over the leaves. All the mature plants should be ok, unless they cannot tolerate the lighting interruption.

I pulled the clones out of the tent because of high risk of mildew. Clones don’t tolerate low temperatures as well as mature plants. Hopefully at least one will make it.

When power came back on about an hour ago, I advanced the timers nine hours. I know the power was down when I woke up at 4 am, I think it may have already been down for a while because the house was already getting cold. I know what times the lights are supposed to turn off, so should be able to correct it if the timers are still off.

I’m running the heat higher than usual so the house will stay warm for a little longer if the electricity goes down again. And I’m filling all the thermoses up with boiling water and tea.

7 Likes

Fill the bath tub!
It’ll cool off in a few hours, but still.

I always find amusing how poorly prepared places farther south are for snow. I mean, I know you don’t have to deal with it every year, but you’d think they’d be ready for it.

4 Likes

There are natural and electronic hand warmers used by hunters that can help in cold temperatures. I bought a space blanket [mylar] for my brother when he was hospitalized and could not get warm. I bought the emergency blanket at Patagonia outdoor supplies for a few bucks. You will sound like Jiffy popcorn but you can sleep, sit in a chair or walk around with it.

4 Likes

just coming off a 26 hour power outage, I’m doing a bit better physically thanks to @DanzaKuduro and @ChemicalDependant 's advice. that was really helpful.

Hoping the plants will make it. I think they will pull through if they can just get a few days of uninterrupted lighting cycles. They are definitely looking stretched and pale from the cold and dark. I’ll try and grab a few photos later today.

The grow is still looking pretty good, considering all their recent lighting interruptions.

Will have to keep a very close eye for sexual instability, but if they can pass this torture test these lines should be solid as a rock.

11 Likes

I hope that was the last 2021 power outage. This Alaskan tek for emergency heat may help you and the clones. Be careful because a candle is included; unplug fans before using live flame.

5 Likes

here are some photos of the maple leaf male and female taken 2 days ago after the power outage. The male got pale and stretched.
Since then they have recovered well, they are looking less pale, and the male has stopped stretching.

The two little plants at the front are guava F females which will be pollinated by the maple male. These didn’t suffer at all from the power outage, in fact, it just induced flowering more quickly than it would have under 12 12.

The female got a little pale, but it didn’t stretch at all. This female is really great, classic afghani candelabra structure. I really like these growth characteristics.

I have closeups of the male, but overgrow spat them out. have upload limits gotten even smaller?

9 Likes

Maple leaf notes-

I grew the first two seeds from this pack of maple leaf a few years ago on my first indoor grow cycle. I got a male and a female. The stem rub smell was exactly the same as the current male and female- cool sour watermelon rind.

That female had the same small leaves and woody stem as this one, but it was just a totem pole so I prefer this new female.

The male had the same distinct pattern of green and purple striping on its stems as the current male. Its pollen pods also had purple coloring like this one. That male was also much taller than its female sibling.

the male and female both went into edibles, I was very sick at the time so I can’t give any description other than that it helped medicinally.

Here are the closeups of the male, cropped down to upload size-

As you can see this male is a narrowleaf afghani pheno. It definitely does not have the small maple-ish leaves of the female, but I think it is pure afghani because in all other respects, it resembles the other maple leaf male I have grown exactly.

13 Likes

Very nice Zep.
Stash me some of these also, these will be nice to run with Sensi mli and the mli cross I got.
Gonna be a real exciting season next fall.

Nice looking maroonish male flowers also.

4 Likes

Veg tent update-

Just one guava f2 B - I hope this is a female

Two Guava f2 F sharing a pot
I started 4 at the same time and the other 2 were female, so hopefully this isn’t 2 males.

lebanese purple (origin point) x 2017 lebanese
There may be some hints of purple showing on the leaves, or could just be very dark green.

And here are the lebanese guava, starting to reveg.

I wish I got a shot of these before they sprouted reveg leaves and flowers. If I had you could see how frosty the guard and fan leaves are, and you could the structure more clearly. One is a totem, the other has many stout branches. The reveg leaves still have frost, but not as much as it was putting out before.

Interesting, the reveging flower growth at the tops looks like pure lebanese, but all the flower that came in before reveg looked hybrid. If I can get it back into flower before it reveges completely this may actually increase my yields. The lowers are still putting out white pistils and haven’t died off or anything.

edit-
These lebanese guavas are also serving as a “coal mine canary” for pollen cross contamination from my other tent. Not a single burnt pistil or seed in sight. Looks like my filtration and prevention techniques are up to snuff.

In terms of air filtration, I could probably run 2 breeding projects side by side, but that would make the watering process extremely difficult.

16 Likes

Maple leaf breeding update-
Smooth sailing in the breeding tent.

The Maple Leaf stem rub smells are changing. The watermelon rind is still present, but now there are also notes of cranberry, celery, fennel, rose, and cucumber. These are smells that I associate with old middle eastern hash lines. This is almost like a variation of some of the smells found in the lebanese.

When the lights turn off at night, these plants reek with a sharp acrid vegetal plant odor.
kind of like raw cabbage, but much much stronger. Very pungent, very pervasive. Spreads through the whole house. Slight skunkyness as well, but mainly cabbage.

Maple male-

Maple female

Uploading: maple female 2.jpg…

Guava f2 F females seeded with maple leaf

these will be low yielding because they were pollinated in preflower

14 Likes

Is this a certified male, Zep?

2 Likes

Water, water, water, shower, clean clothes, water, water, water.

Kinda like going from a home grow, to a work grow, to a home grow. Fun, fun, fun.

I enjoy your projects, and learning from you.

4 Likes

it looks as male as it gets, if that’s what you mean. I’m not seeing anything intersex about it.

If you’re asking about the genetics, this is a sensi seeds maple leaf from this pack -

9 Likes

Save me some pollen please, will use it fall.
Hopefully I can keep it good :+1:

3 Likes