Zephyr grows and creates

It’s really easy. I can’t do the amount of labor required for dry sift or ice water hash, and I can’t deal with all the machinery to make rosin. This method is also good because it scales well, unlike rosin or ice hash you can make small batches.

You just freeze your bud in a glass jar, pour in freezing cold everclear, wrap the jar in a towel so it stays cold, and shake it for five minutes or less. Try to shake it as much as possible before it starts to warm up, and stop before the alcohol turns green. If it thaws the clorophyll will leach out into the alcohol, it turns green and makes the hash darker and lower quality.

Then strain it through an unbleached coffee filter into a pyrex. You can use a french press or something to quickly strain it and get all the liquid while it’s still at freezing temperatures. I use a lemon squeezer thing.

Then just let it evaporate at room temperature in a well ventilated area (far from anything that could potentially light it on fire).

There’s a trick to making it with the watered down everclear they sell in california.

If you have to use 150 proof everclear in california, there will be some residual water content. Once the evaporation has slowed down, and the remaining liquid is looking cloudy like absynthe blended with water, pour that off into a separate container. This will preserve the quality of your hash. You can evaporate that extra liquid too, but it will be lower quality than the rest of your batch.

14 Likes