Zipper on tent broken

Then maybe just a new tent?

Just cover that area with a pillow or something.

3 Likes

My 2 cents I had a tent with similar but larger issues and I used velcro sewn to the tent and flap it worked great hope you figure it out

Bliss

5 Likes

Congratulations you have an auto tent. Seriously same thing happened to me. I use the zippers to minimize the hole and used oversized safety pins to close whatā€™s left

3 Likes

You can try one of these, itā€™s adjustable and worked on my winter coat. Check the number on the back of the current slider to make sure you get the right size.

6 Likes

they should add this into the order for those junk yeti soft sides!!! those zippers dont last for anything!

3 Likes

I like that one as itā€™s adjustable so if itā€™s slipping you just turn the screw to tighten. Also you donā€™t need to take ends off zipper to put it on, just loosen it up far enough to put on. Itā€™s not perfect but is cheap and effective.

3 Likes

everyone should have one as a spare! i think ill pick one up just in case, cheap insurance!

2 Likes

Sorry but buying cheap low quality tents will do that. I have had two Gorilla tents and the materials and build quality speak for themselves. And they last for many years. Some manufacturers just sell cheap crap all through their product lines and growers on a budget need to look for better value.
Hope you find a solution or a few extra coins in the sofa and buy quality replacement.
Something I try to go by is buy once cry once. Itā€™s why my Cree 3690 lights are still doing well among other things I buy not grow related. If itā€™s just something for short term limited use than cheap throw away stuff will get by. I have learned this lesson the hard way to many times.

2 Likes

(1544) grow tent zipper repair - YouTube

2 Likes

Sometimes with positive and negative pressure makes it hard to zip up. I try not to do too much zipping around the bottom. Looks like you got it going again

3 Likes

Long slow movements not fast jerky ones.

Iā€™ve got a lower end tent thatā€™s 3 years old and in great shape.

But yes, tape, seal, drape curtains, all effective.

3 Likes

Gorilla tents break too bud. Tons of folks complaining about them on the web. So you donā€™t always get what you pay for. They still use plastic zippers like the rest. You are right that there are a ton of crappy tents out here but I find how a person handles the zippers has an effect. I like to silicone spray my zippers as if they were a camping tent, this makes them slide much better and helps avoid failure.

6 Likes

good tip ^^^^^^

3 Likes

Mine are metal too. I just checked.

I use silicone spray as a foliar :love_you_gesture:

5 Likes

add 1 part boron

4 Likes

@BigMike55 I believe said use soap on them. Keep them from sticking.

4 Likes

That will defiantly work too @Hemp , I just find the spray seems to collect less dirt.

3 Likes

Just fixed mine that was doing the same thing. Zip it up and the two halves would split or have a large gap between the teeth.

Take some pliers and gently squeeze down on the wings of the piece that moves along the zipper. Youā€™re basically squeezing down along the length of the zipper. So thereā€™s a half on one side, and half on the other, give each one a light squeeze and try again. Donā€™t go crazy with thisā€¦ very light touch does best until it starts catching again.

3 Likes
5 Likes