Zipper on tent broken

Figured a picture would help a lot. Do this on both sides very lightly until it starts catching.

7 Likes

Am I the only one who shoves large objects onto leaks? The two items I use in this case is a heavy vest and a Chapin to block gaping holes.

I thought about duct tape. Iā€™m still thinking about it.

Iā€™m sure there will be a permanent solution if I surpress my urge to use space tape.

5 Likes

and a space blanket itā€™s a Revolution

3 Likes
3 Likes

Now that stuff is in the go bag in my SUV and also in my house, incredibly strong with great adhesive.

5 Likes

a black top sheet for a queen bed also works just drape that f*cker over the whole tent

4 Likes

Im learning towards sewing some velcro on an using the extra fabric . Iā€™ve got some reflective tape that I should be able to cover the pin holes with from the inside. I will report back when finished. Wish me luck that I donā€™t make it worse :grimacing:

I also donā€™t foresee me taking the tent down anytime soon so Iā€™m going to slowly zip it an sew behind the zipper just to secure it even more

7 Likes

proceed with caution lol

3 Likes

unless you light your room with stadium lights covering pin holes meh, if it makes you feel better go ahead

4 Likes

I agree completely, the amount of light coming through a pin hole is not worth thinking about. I think folks blame light leaks for way to many things. These plants can go outside under the moon and stars which will bounce way more light on them than a pin hole will allow in. Sometimes it pays not to over think things.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Ended up not needing to use the flap. I used some fishing line an a curved needle to sew the zipper closed. I was hoping to pull the zippers up to the top but the left zipper caused it to open if I pulled it any farther so I sewed that too so it canā€™t slip. Canā€™t see any light leaks beyond where the zips come together. Biggest downfall is it limits how far the door can open making that corner harder to access. Thank you everyone for the ideas! Iā€™m still annoyed with the company but this will work until I can afford a new one

10 Likes

I have done that. Make sure you got something on the backside so you donā€™t stick your fingers. I have staple zippers on before.

2 Likes

I only stuck myself four times, thatā€™s pretty good when it comes to me :laughing:

4 Likes

The bay6 tents usually take a hammering. I own a 4x4 myself. For the price you could just replace it each grow. If your mid grow though maybe something like this will help as a temporary measure - https://www.amazon.co.uk/True-Products-B5017CZ-2-Adhesive-Zips-75mm/dp/B01F13S2EQ/ref=asc_df_B01F13S2EQ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=231917810052&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8410544582918305196&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006948&hvtargid=pla-613457797832&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

2 Likes

I have a similar problem on my cheapo iPower tent.
What works for me is to have tension on the zipper when zipping closed.
I push down or into the tent with one hand ahead of the zipper.
I pull out or toward me on the zipper while zipping closed.
YMMV thoā€¦

2 Likes

Just saying usually you get what you pay for. I am in my tent every day at least once and never had hint of a problem with my gorilla tent.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had the gorilla for about 5 yrs with no problems either. Just all the pin holes everywhere, which I donā€™t care about. The room its in doesnā€™t usually have light in it.

Half of the Chinese ones I order on ebay and Amazon have the zipper installed upside down. Close tent starting from the top, instead of the zipper starting on the bottom.

2 Likes

If you have to tape it, use Gorilla Glue duct tape. This stuff is very tacky and you donā€™t have to worry about it peeling due to heat or humidity.

4 Likes

How did you contact us? And I apologize but the tent in your picture I do not believe is our company, We are black and green not orange.

8 Likes