12/12* from seed overgrow

Last three lines of poem.

2 Likes

Apologies, I meant the robot poem.

2 Likes

Do you have a brand or link you like for the tree pots? I saw the Amazon ones were pretty bad. I’ve only found Stuart and Sons…

1 Like

oh, yeah… those last 3 lines did get kind of dark.
I told it i found a single nut on a plant after 15 days of flower and that i cant wait to kill the males for more room.
Just click tall one tree pots in the OP for the link.

4 Likes

Great to see your Iron Cindy grow.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out !

I ran shiatsu x IC and found some with very little smell - perfect for a stealth grow …

7 Likes

Found 6 early males but they are all bolting so within the next few days they will all show.

19 Likes

Love how you maximizing your canopy space! Big fan of this grow style and looking forward to seeing more as they develop!

4 Likes

Well played!!
I’ll be watching from a far.

2 Likes

this looks to be the shorter - fatter - big cola pheno

(from the web)

8 Likes

The Iron Cindy was the father in the cross. He was well branches with stanky fat leaves.
There are 5 differnt mothers in there. I was/am extremely surprised how indica dominate these are showing. They should all be 80+% sativa.

6 Likes

Not surprised as the Metal Haze has both NLD and fatter phenos

I ran Metal Haze 3 ways last summer

Metal Haze (Bodhi)
Metal Haze x Flo
Iron Cindy (C99 x Metal Haze by KOS) x Shiatsu (Japanese Landrace)

2 Likes

This “grow” will surely take some “tending” to !!! what a project

2 Likes

Day 1

Day 25

:exploding_head::+1::call_me_hand::ok_hand::smiley::chart_with_upwards_trend::rocket::crescent_moon::evergreen_tree::smoking::coffee:

What’s the average flower time between all these plants? I love staggered harvest! Get to see the difference a few extra days makes. Can’t wait to see this space on March 1!!!
Keep kicking ass, bro!! Lighting on day 25 pics looks like a party has really started!!

Also love your more blue spectrum plan to keep plants squat…I want to acquire more 4k-5k lights for this reason as well.

14 Likes

when do you take the cuts in this situation? or do you reveg the keeper

2 Likes

i personally would re-veg if it was that special. You can easily get a clone like 14days ish after flipping. Some people have success much later than that.
All the plants germed within 72 hours of each other. There are a handful that took a bit longer to germ but they were culled or are basically the same size.
Here are a few of the 26 males just culled

6 Likes

Love this plan! :brain::muscle:

6 Likes

great thread - now I’m here to the end !

1 Like

Thanks buddy, it’s particularly handy for pheno hunting.
Instead of having plants re vegged I had more seeds planned so I was collecting the best one’s as I went with a view to re running them once I get myself sorted.

I’m half way there ive a handful of decent plants needing thinned down, I’ve another 60/70 seeds to get through soon as.

4 Likes

Love it! I’m planning on doing mothers and clones next fall/winter, rather than my shotgun seed planting. Little tricks like yours will be useful!

2 Likes

I’ve culled most of the males. Assuming the remaining ones yet to show their sex will likely turn out female. I’m assigning a separate label once I confirm their gender, so I won’t waste time checking later.

Back in my younger years, a grow like this would’ve wrecked my back. Now, I’m just letting the plants tough it out. Yesterday marked the first day I took out each plant and watered them with pH-balanced nutrients. Added more soil after settling and rearranged the tent to provide different spectrums for different plants. Prior to that, my organization was minimal, and watering was haphazard.

Admittedly, I overlooked a few things that could have improved my plants. There’s a surplus of CO2 in the tent from mushrooms and compost. However, I lack adequate light to maximize the CO2s effect. The average lux on my canopy sits around 17-19,000. With that said according to LED companies " 400nm to 700nm are beneficial for supporting photosynthesis.I dont have a PAR meter to read that.
Contemplating upgrading the tent but can’t decide between a 1,000-watt HPS or one of these new Spiderfarm LEDs. I through in a pic there of one of the plants that germinated after the 72 hour mark. Look how punnier it is.

20 Likes