1st ever outdoor in n. Alberta using Sebring auto fems!

Yes I have, its actually designed to do water and alch. The temp range is 58c to 108c

Price has gone up $30 since I bought it.

3 Likes

That’s the one I wanted with the adjustable temp but couldn’t find it after seeing it once. Screw it! I’m gonna order it now! Got a lot of pot to process.

:peace:

2 Likes

They are very compact and handy to have, it also regulates temps, and will switch off and on. You just have to catch it before all the alc is gone when making RSO otherwise you lose some on the bottom of it.

You celebrate by giving yourself a headache? :

Don’t knock it 'til you try it! lol I don’t actually get headaches from that. Just the blahs for a day or two.

How far back did you drag that up from?

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, STS is applied AFTER the flip. Spray, wait about 10 days, then spray again. That’s it. Thanks for the correction, all my latest spraying has been with CS. Awesome correction!!! Do stay safe and be well.

3 Likes

Just ordered it! Should be here Sept. 4 it said. I’ve got 2 cans of camp stove fuel to run thru it first and should have ordered that bag of turbo yeast and yeast energizer to start a 6gal batch of sugar mash but figured that would look suspicious while ordering a distiller too. lol

I’m used to stopping the distillation when stripping a batch of oil so I can still pour it out of the small-necked bottle for my still. Then rinse with a little more and just evap the last off in a pie plate over some simmering water.

I prefer to make my RSO with naphtha anyway. When I was in the city for my procedure I picked up 4 more 420ml cans of pure butane to make some honey oil with. Whip-it! Premium made in the UK too. I actually want the honey made from the Sebring’s Revenge trim to add to DMSO and put in the roll-on applicators for spot application for my finger and maybe toe joints. Got a couple that hurt like a bitch and lots more than the rest.

3 Likes

LOL, trying to catch up from way back!

2 Likes

Outdoor girl is still doing OK. Had to tarp her up the other night when we had a frost warning and put my remote temp/humidity probe out there and it got down to 40F/4.5C and she came thru it like a real trooper. 43F out there now at 1am.

I was going to go out and plasticize the frame today but the wind was fierce so hopefully tomorrow.

I moved the frame posts so its facing due south and I think I’ll remove the panda film and just use the plastic so it gets as much light exposure as possible in the coming weeks. I’ll find something to put on the ground in there so I can set a heater and small fan in there.

The cutting I got off her seems to be rooted. It has what looks to be nute burn so I figured it must be rooted so I left it out of the dome all day and it didn’t wilt. Gave it a gentle tug-test and it’s anchored so must be a root or two going on. No signs of new growth yet but it was already into flowering when I took the cutting so has to reveg a bit I guess. Hoping she makes it so I can get cuttings off her and grow some inside. Think I’ll snip a couple tester buds off the momma and test them for CBD. No CBD and I’ll chop her down!

Can’t forget the one fem auto that is still chugging along. Her seeds are getting fat and I’d probably crop her now but no hurry so I’ll let it go for a while yet. Hasn’t had any white hairs for a couple weeks.

9 Likes

Went out at 2am to check on her as the temp was down to 42F. Looks fine so didn’t tarp her up. Took a pic with the flash. Measured her earlier too and was 54". Not much stretch with her which is a nice trait for an indoor plant. Good for outdoors too if you don’t want really tall plants.

8 Likes

Man that’s harsh having to deal with frost already.

A little extravagant having a heater for outside plants, perhaps they might prefer an electric blanket :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Ya that’s so early to be worried about frost I should complain less about our weather here. I had a couple earth lovers go male on me too, I think about half of all I started.

3 Likes

Looks like you better have them covered by Sunday night! :cold_face:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

It was just a frost warning and they did get a bit down south but none here so far. Only got down to 40F that night and I tarped her but haven’t since and it’s got down to 42 every night since but one when it stayed at 52. Hit 80 yesterday on my remote thermometer and no plastic on her at all other than that panda film down lower. Got to 75 today in full sunshine.

If that’s what it takes! lol

I just want to see if it’s possible to get this girl to the finish line. I got a little heater and spare fan so why not. She’s really getting stinky and I’m looking to pull a few oz off her at least so worth the effort I think. I’d dig her up and bring her inside but I know she’s got bugs all over her so that makes that option a no-go. I killed a couple thrips on her today tho I know there’s lots more and most likely mites as well. Very little bug damage and with the cooler weather they shouldn’t be active much longer.

I moved her clone downstairs to get some more intense light from the 600W MH but keeping it in the dome for now as there may be a mite or two on her. I haven’t found any on her the last few days but you know how sneaky those little f’ers are. The plants in the bedroom have a thrip here and there too and I’m going to need that space clean pretty soon to move any veg plants out of the grow room so I can get my two big kush into flowering ASAP.

4 Likes

Do you know something I don’t? lol I’m actually catching the 5 o’clock CTV Edmonton news right now and Josh says it’s getting cold on Sunday so you’re right and I better get this ready right f’n now!

2 Likes

I’d best be watching the weather just east of you so may also freeze here.

2 Likes

I’m headed out right now to get some plastic on her. Going down to 4C tonight.

peace (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC)

3 Likes

Actually got off my ass and got 'er dun!

I took the panda film off then rolled out our 20’ wide plastic on the grass. Measured off 75" after taking a few measurements of the Frame and used a framing square to get a nice straight edge. I started on the left side pole and taped it in place then wrapped it around to the right side leaving the front open. Got it fairly snug and was doing it all on my lonesome too.

Needed something for roof support so stole a skein of yarn from the wife’s stash and tied in some rafters to keep the plastic up off the plant. Now thinking of some sort of semi-rigid cap to slap on top when it snows and it’s for damn sure going to snow I bet before this story is over. lol

Out of the remnants of the plastic sheet I had a 10x6’ piece so cut it 5’ wide and have it flipped up the front and almost half way down the back Taped her on around the top and at the back and just a few short pieces of duct tape on the front sides so I can easily lift up the front and flip it over the roof. I left about 6" hanging at the bottom and will berm that over with soil to seal the base up good. I’ll lay a board or something across the front bottom to close that and be able to access it easier.

I left her sealed up but by 11:30 it was still 50F so went out and opened her up. Easy-peasy. Now to rig up the heater and fan in there. I have a baseboard thermostat wired up to run my heaters. One in the grow room and a spare I can now use out there. I’ll just have it set for around 60F and if it’s gonna be a real cold night I’ll throw the tarp over too for more insulation.

Got a decent sized stem on her but when I undid the tie to the bamboo stake she was falling toward the front so had to tie her back up to it. Was ripping the roots out of the ground at the back and would have gone right over for sure. That white band at the base is natural and kind of weird but oh well.

One of the tops. Starting to bud up nicely at 18 days since flowering started on the 16th of Aug. Getting really stinky too but not a lot of sugar yet.

Down in the grow room are the 7 MBK, (Monkey Banana Kush), The two on the right in 4gal pots are going into flower very soon and buddy is coming over to pick up 3 or 4 of the smaller ones and I’ll keep the one in the larger white pot for a mom. Might keep one of the little ones too so I can just spray the whole thing with STS after putting it in a little bigger pot. Hoping these are some good stuff.

The little Earth Lover clone from outside is at a safe distance from the 600W light in it’s dome.

Enough for tonight!

14 Likes

You did a great job on the outside plant, looks like it will take it through to the finish, watching that cold front dropping down over you guys, not pushing down enough to affect us atm but I think winter temps will be arriving early this year.

3 Likes

Excellent work!! :sunglasses: :+1:

A few watts of heat in that tent and you are good to go!

Cheers
G

2 Likes