2023 Massachusetts Outdoor Growing

Yes but Tuesday and Wednesday will drop back down into the 30’s at night! Be careful !!

3 Likes

Yup, might find me there mysef…

2 Likes

What a bummer. If i didn’t have to work tomorrow I would have definitely been there.

2 Likes

Maybe not so cold here on the Cape. I’ll keep an eye on the weather station.

2 Likes

I’m debating pulling my solos off the porch right now, says 90°F out there. Hate to see them die… happened once before. The screen gives them some relief… but they need to harden up sooner or later, and I have to get the next batch ready…

1 Like

Please vote for my Massachusetts grown Superbud in the photo contest. I need few more votes from my Home team!!

Whoops, seems voting doesn’t start til April 22!!

1 Like

@Vomact what are you growing outdoors this year?

Be careful…hours of daylight will make some genetics freak out and start flowering early…doesn’t matter how warm it is… MA is only slightly over 13 hours of daylight right now in the best of circumstances…

Lots of data here! Find your local area!!

Weather channel with sunrise/sunset for photo period plants is enough for me. Back in the day the rule used to be “goldenrod hits 6” you are safe to plant outdoor "…nowadays we have much more info, but watching plants start getting big, then flower…then revert to veg is a slap on the face…

YMMV, but as close as possible to June 1st.

Yeah, that has been one of my concerns from the get-go. Starting outdoor girls early in a tent under a 20-4 hour light cycle and then moving them into an environment where, while day length is getting longer, it is still less than what their used to.

I’m going to have to move them soon regardless…they are taking up tent real estate and I have other plants that are ready for the flip. Going to keep my fingers crossed. Even if they do start to flower the longer day lengths may induce them to re-veg.

I have 3 Gelato OG, 2 Frisian Dew (a must have strain if you are growing outside in New England) a couple of Pine Tar Kush and 3 or 4 Northern Lights Autos.

1 Like

My scheme has always been vegging them indoors at 15.5 on, 8.5 off , and once the daylight is about 14.5 hours outdoors I feel safe to move them out for good… Berkshires.
I also don’t grow cookies/cookie crosses because there’s much better genetics out there, and have had a bunch of that herm in and outdoors…

These Gelato’s will be my first ‘desert’ strain outside. Hoping I can pull it off. Only time will tell

1 Like

Anybody here planning on going to Extravaganja today? I’m always busy during these things, but I think I may be flying solo tonight and could pop down there… a little unclear what’s gonna be going on besides maybe some music and some advocacy stuff.

ETA: Full disclosure the last time I went to a canna event was Hempfest in Boston around 1994.

2 Likes

Same here but it was Hempfest 2003, my friends and I pooled a quarter of our best buds and I bought a $30 cigar at the shop off the Common. Right as I was about to spark it, a BPD cop walked over, took it from my hand as the lighter flamed, and cracked it into his pocket and tossed the wrap on the ground. Last time I did big weed in public at that kind of event until now but I missed today.

1 Like

Ugh, that’s terrible! Boston cops could be total dicks, particularly when it involved college students. That year I went it was tons of area college kids. Not my scene.

Damn, I was so close on the name of that tobacconist… I thought “EJ Perretti?”

It’s LJ.

In the end I decided not to go to Extravaganja. I tried to scare up a friend who lives in the area but he was busy… and while I’m sure there was seed swapping going on, they didn’t come right out and say there was seed swapping…

2 Likes