2023 Radicle Winter Grow -'88G13/HP

Here are the males I threw into the hoop house a week or so. Really trying to stress them out and see if the can handle the cold. They have some light damage from going outside into the sun. Cold damage is definitely hurting them as well. Tonight it is getting down to 26F. They have made it through 30’s so…they’ll be fine.

#1 - Short wide branching type. Early flower with hints of purple. Reminds me most of #8.

#2 - Is showing intersex since taking outside. He really has an amazing stem rub. Tall branchy pheno. Minimal light burn when taken outside. Purple/red pollen bracts.

#9 - Short with wide branching type. Very long stems on the leaves. Latest to start flowering. No light burn when taken outside. Most similar to #6

#10 - Short and branchy, but very short internodal stretch compared to the most similar male, # 1. Reminds me of # 7 the most.

Sr-71 purple kush male from gwammaineian f5 project. Definitely not enjoying to cold the most out of everyone. Amazing star anise and clove fuel stem rub. Might be fun to cross onto the ‘88g13/hp?

10 Likes

I put the wrong picture up for #9 before, but made edits to fix. So which males look the best to everyone?

I checked on the males and they were hit with some frost. They are inside recovering. Just a couple leaves here and there, but will be good enough to gather pollen. Really just trying to see how cold they can handle. It is not uncommon to run into 28-32F in the fall out here. Looks like #9 fared the best followed by #2.

1 Like

They are all getting their flower on!!!

17 Likes

1 Like

This looks so pretty.

1 Like

Thanks @Rogue and @MLTVKYL !

They are turning out good so far! Currently in 3 gal plastic pots with reused potting mix that I added some dry amendments to before transplanting into. All 100% organic!

2 Likes

The way it should be!

1 Like

Male Update: They are recovering from the frost damage quite well. Really showing their resilience. I threw them outside again as we are having warm weather along with rain showers. Always a good idea to check for mold/mildew resistance and thought this weather would be a great testing ground for that. **

9 Likes

The girls are looking happy at week 4 from 12/12. They are really starting to frost up.

11 Likes

It’s been a crazy heat wave this week so I have mostly been outside getting beds prepped, but the girls are staying nice and cool in the basement.

11 Likes

I pollinated the '88G13/HP’s with the SR-71 Purple Kush pollen today. Just one branch on each plant. Cleaned up the plants and took some pictures.

The males are starting to shedding their pollen. I will give an update on them soon! PEACE!

12 Likes

Selective pollination, that’s the way to do it! :+1:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks @Gpaw !

Always nice to have the sensi buds to sample along with the seeds. I don’t need 2,000 + seeds of this cross right now. Also, I can store the extra pollen in the freezer and have it for later.

5 Likes

Having sensi branches help quantify your handling protocols. It’s an interesting metric.
I pollinized one branch (got 500~600 seeds) and had 3 seeds on the sensi,
…I counted that as a win. :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I used a q tip and sprayed them down with water and amber fulvic after a couple hours. I’ll check tomorrow to see if the pollen even took.

2 Likes

Looks like the pollen has taken as bracts have started to swell and pistils are just beginning to retract and shrivel. Hooray '88G13/HP x SR-71 P.K. seeds!

6 Likes

Male update

Looks like after all the torture i gave these dudes was worth it!

Light stressed them by starting indoor in T5’s ,threw them in a hoop, side window in the house, and some pure outdoor. Light burn on the leaves happened once placed outdoor inside hoop. Also a big factor is the increasing daylight hours currently happening during spring. All males except one exhibited intersex once placed outside. Intersexing was just at the growth tips and were unable to be pollinated.

Super cold stressed them with many 30’s and one 26F that finally caused frost damage.

Root stressed them by just keeping them in 1.5gal. pots.

One male exhibited the best resistance to all stresses. Really didn’t skip a beat. Dumped by far the most pollen out of the whole lot. Had some trichomes on the purple pollen bracts.
88G13/HP #9

#1- Tall pheno with amazing structure. Very mild intersexing that exhibited trichromes. Purple on bracts.

#2- Tall pheno with good branching. Top broke during pollen collection. Trichromes exhibited. Mild purple coloration.

#10- Short bushy hash plant pheno. Trichomes exhibited. Green pheno. 2nd most overall resistance.

So #9 was the keeper! The rest of the males looked so nice I bunched them all together in their own pack. But kept #9 in their own separate pack.

15 Likes

Nice job. That’s some thorough testing too!

1 Like

It’s always fun pushing the males to the limits and seeing what happens.

2 Likes