2024 New England/Upstate NY Outdoor Growing Discussion

Mr Doyle , hows the odor on the grape gas? have you grown Grape Pie ? Or any of the grape lines like Grandaddy/Urkel? I ask because i am curious how this compares. I have Grape Pie S1 s. i like Cannarado. I have grown Forest Park Purple from Compound genetics. The mt hood magic durban in forest park purple was stellar.

4 Likes

I’ll have to give it a stem rub. I also have 2 Grape Sundaes (Sundae Driver x Grape Pie bx) from Cannarado going.

3 Likes

Sour zkittles x cheisel
Looks like she past pre flowering, wanted to veg her longer but still huge for a clone

8 Likes

I had a unit of chisel in 2010. it was from the emerald triangle. it was phenomenal. flavor and odor for days. i have wanted to grow that one for years. i have be a whole list in my notes of high smell and flavor seedlines. that’s a zenith for me! good choice. is this your creation ?

Zunga Zeng left Grandmas Hashplant middle and Big J/Joe Pure Afghan/Lavender Lemonaid Right hedge like. 3 weeks in and the smells are intense. Next Generations BC Blueberry in the foreground.

11 Likes

Snow White’s Cherry (Diamondnugz)

17 Likes

Mr. sdoyle, those are remarkably thin blades. Was this seedline touted as a sativa ? I have pulled/popped recessive stuff in hybrids.For example I pulled a 14 week landrace looking example from Crockett’s Family Farms Strawberry Banana Sherbet. Twas like smoking rope. Zero effects. I had the common misconception that newer growers often have that all the seed plants from a seedling would look like the released picture from the breeder. 23 years later…

6 Likes

Flower and plant which supports said flower. 3 weeks on. ssdd bx1 . Some sweetness is being generated and pink pistils are abound. Says in Copas catalog it’s an end of September seedline. i think it may make it by October 7. I need to add netting.

10 Likes

Allegedly Indica dominant. Haha, obviously not.

2 Likes

All the strains in it are Indica dominant. Black Domina, Afghan Kush, Buddha Tahoe OG and Sunshine Daydream. It’s getting Sativa from somewhere.

5 Likes

A quick update here starting with the Ancient Hash Plants
which have been up potted this past weekend;

Ancient Hash Plants

Followed by the Moroccan Beldia.
The ladies have begun to stack and pack and the lower areas
have been pollinated, hopefully, by the saved pollen collected
about two weeks ago. Hope it is viable pollen.

Moroccan Beldia

The Cretan males are indoor doing their thing and I have started
collecting pollen.

Cretan

Cretan ladies outside.

Iran 3

These are starting to show some flower.

Kalamata Red

Lots of males this time around.
Might have only 3 to 6 females.

And here are the Vietnamese Black.
At least one male so far.

I will do my best to collect pollen from each strain and pollinate females from same strain.
It will all be in the timing to keep from cross pollination as I have had no intention to do so.

Wishing all a very happy, healthy grow.
Thanks for looking.

20 Likes

that Cretan male looks to have tight clusters. Any odor ? Where is the land of origin?

2 Likes

The males are a pale yellow green and one is very stacked and thick.
The island of Crete is the origin.

Thanks for watching.

5 Likes

I started harvesting my Early Iranian plant about 3wks ago. I gave some to my “tester”, and just got the initial feedback:
“Don’t even bother growing anything else next year…”
It’s nice to grow a plant up here that finishes in late August/Early September.

Special thanks to @Emeraldgreen

12 Likes

That’s awesome. It’s always good to hear a response like that!!

8 Likes

Update on this years grow. Things seem to be working out, so far.these are my assistants, Bahari Moon and Mr Bojangles.

BanaPinAp Black #3 clone, one of my projects.

BOO S2 from @Redbuds420

Northern lights x Romulan @willie

BOO X Uncle John’s Skunk @Redbuds420

Mint Chocolate Trip F2
The whole top of this plant, got completely broke off in a storm. Doing pretty good, seeing as 90% of heer got destroyed.

Fat Purple x Baked Strawberry Ghash @Kanzeon
Turning into a beast.

Another of my projects.
Usefuls (Orange Cookies x Chocolate Diesel) x Blackberry skittlez Freak Genetics

Hopefully the weather cooperates, and everyone’s grows get to finish properly.
:v:

20 Likes

Now thats a Medley @Trial-N-Error
Nothing but positive NRG heading East bud!

Plus my Cousin in Lee, Mass. is having Chemo… so the Good wishes are there already!!

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your cousin, sending more good wishes there way. Im glad to hear abuit the good forecast for our area.
It would be nice, to get the most out of the girls, before harvesting. However things turn out, I’ve enjoyed the journey, so far.
:v:

5 Likes

Good wishes to the chemo cousin. I wonder if CBD helps that stuff.

That Mint Chocolate that got topped by the storm will probably finish great, for what’s left of it. the roots are still the same size for a big plant, but with less branches.

I moved my outside stuff inside, and my other clone stuff got the tents, with the little USB powered LED lights. They need to quit flowering for a couple months, til I have indoor space again.

Moved the 2 little Cherry Pie Autos inside, too. The buds are surprising, for some short little indicia autos.

The Cherry AK auto outgrew all the seeds in that germ batch. 2 cherry pie, 2 sour orange photo fems. Everything got hit with that Cape Goat fern-looking pollen.

10 Likes

All your girls look great! Im loving all of the side lighting,
In your space. Looks like you will be sitting pretty, come harvest time.

5 Likes