2024 New England/Upstate NY Outdoor Growing Discussion

Outa :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

You folks might like to check out this big meta-analysis paper I found from a group of Chinese scientists who had previously done work showing that lactobacillus applications could speed up and increase the quality of manure composting in fields.

journal.pone.0262139.pdf (2.4 MB)

4 Likes

will give it a look. thanks for the share.

1 Like

I just dumped a gallon of milk on my compost.

2 Likes

Doing the same here shortly. Milk and some old labs.

This is how I get my woodchips. So far I put in two request and worked out great. Only downside is they could/will show up whenever you put in the request. Depending on company who takes your request the load size will vary based on trucks capacity that will show up. 10-15 yards on average per drop for me.

Free Wood Chips from ChipDrop (getchipdrop.com)

7 Likes

Very cool! Thank you for the link

4 Likes

Thanks! Just put in for a drop.

3 Likes

Pic when it arrives, or it didn’t happen… :wink: @InTheWoods Great Tip - I bookmarked it…

4 Likes

I second the chip drop service. Have used it and had a drop within 4 hours and another time took a couple days. Make sure where it’s getting dropped is crystal clear because they will not call ahead. Costs the company money to get the list of people looking, if you happen to catch the driver and need multiple drops you can save them a few bucks and make a convenient relationship with a never ending supply of raw resources.

5 Likes

I’m in upstate ny, up by lake george in Warren county. I had a nice little garden last year. Some Bruce banner, Acapulco gold, pineapple express, purple punch, and stardawg 20231003_132304|666x500

This season I plan on building a hoop house and doing some light deprivation to avoid the late October shit show.

All of my outdoor plants are right in the ground. The garden are gets leaves and grass clippings from all over the neighborhood in the fall. I dig 3’ x 3’ holes and amend them with some perlite, composted cow poop, crushed sea shells, 2 cups dr earth 4-4-4 1 cup dr earth 3-9-4. I work a tea in once a week, and topdress every other week.

This season I’m running some red eye jedi, chernobyl, meltdown, freezeland ibl, and some freeze 7 given to me by a member on riu. He made them last year in mass when the only two plants to nor get any mold made babies. Freezeland ibl x serious 7.

I’ll also be working the freeze 7 into other strains I have, so eventually we can all flip the bird to the menacing morning fog and late evening monsoon

22 Likes

Welcome @Cannabiscrusader
Sounds like you have a good plan for the season. The red eye Jedi should be a good choice but watch for bud rot. I’ve found the 88g13hp dad is a bit prone to it

8 Likes

That’s what I hear, and thanks for the heads up. I saved some pollen from 2 stinky males, and I have 2 female keepers that were pretty resistant to some pm I had going on last month. Hoping to cross that with the freezland ibl, and the freeze 7. Running out of time for that this season though. Time flies when you’re freezing your ass off I guess.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention, I have mocha berry from Copa genetics, and holy angel which is sunshine daydream x Starlite day dream. Mocha berry I sampled already, and I have clones going for inside and out. Very chill high with some legs. I’m hoping it’s the ssdd in the mocha berry that’s getting me this effect, because I’m growing a ton if it :smile:

7 Likes

That dad makes dense buds. Once moisture gets in it’s trapped

1 Like

Hoping the hoop house will help with that.

2 Likes

Make sure you have good air movement in your hoop house. I got a bunch of mold spots because of inadequate air movement. The hoop house has higher humidity and heat, you’ll have to plan for this. If you can do double plastic so the humidity doesn’t condense on the plastic

4 Likes

Ill take a shot when the sun is up. I still have a pile in the front yard that hasnt been moved yet. :grin:

3 Likes

Do you mean these?

Those would be the Starshine by our very own @HolyAngel :star_struck:

10 Likes

:heart: I think he means the ssdd f2 bx1. Starlite daydream = StarShine = SSDD x Starlite. So if the pack says ssdd x starlite daydream then it’s the ssdd f2 bx1.

The starshine f2 packs used the same male as the bx1 packs. Just hit his sister instead of his mom.
The sister

I just started a pack of these myself ^^

For the bx1, there’s a ton of pics around here. I grew some out, bunch of others have grown some out. It’s good stuff for sure :+1:

17 Likes