2024 New England/Upstate NY Outdoor Growing Discussion

@Trickster :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:
Pile left in the front to move.

backyard pile moved into chicken run.

19 Likes

Those are the ones, and it’s very nice to meet you @HolyAngel

I got my pack from firstcavapache. Thank you for your preservation work! Hope this strain puts me into orbit! My wife and I have a very high tolerance, so I’ve been trying to chase potency.

12 Likes

Oh nice!! Nice to meet you too!

Potency on those are good! Better than most anything I’ve ever had from a dispensary. Not quite as strong as TK/Chem91, but its up there, definitely not mids :joy: I knew of a few that have ran some and found some keepers. I found a really nice one myself too but stuck with keeping the mom. This is the BX1 #14 I grew out a year or two ago

18 Likes

Pretty plant, very nice structure. Chunky nugs too!

Firstcavapache split his pack with me. I got 7/9 breaking soil. Mmmm 7 of 9.

11 Likes

mmm :drooling_face:

Off to a great start! If you want pain relief, I’d specifically look for ones with crinkle leafs, double serrations about midway through the leaf blades, wavy main stem, and a spicy/vegetable type stem rub. If you just want potency and a solid plant, you can take your pick of the lot :wink:

7 Likes

I’ll be saving one of each! I make butter for cancer patients, and for my disabled buddy. Poor guy has been through the meat grinder. If this helps his neck pain, I’m going to have to change the locks to my garden lol

6 Likes

Greetings from the Green Mountain State . We had a few plants outdoors last summer. Below is a Strawberry Cheesecake that came out nice

And here is a cross I made of Blueberry Hashplant X Orgi

This coming summer, some possible strains are GMO, Blue Dream, Green Mountain Grape, some COPA (maybe GSD), and others.

17 Likes

I have some copa mocha berry. Made a bunch of f2s. High is very chill, love that strain. Need to find a shorter pheno though, I’ll be hunting those f2s.

Lovely view at your garden btw

3 Likes

When do y’all start popping seeds (earliest and latest times)? Everyone does things differently but timing is key, especially for us in the tropical NE, lol. Do you seed indoors then take out, seed outside, run fems, or clones?

1 Like

I know people that start them anywhere from December to May/june.

1 Like

It will probably take two years if you are not turning over the pile all the time. Constantly turning the Poo while it is warm out will make it break down a
lot quicker. It is safe to put some on top of the soil around your plant but not touching it.

For which plants and how big do you want them?

2 Likes

Welcome. I have family near Glens Falls. Lake George is a beautiful place to live. Lucky you!
As far as what to grow this summer, I never know everything til the season is upon us, but it will be landraces and maybe a landrace hybrid or two that i made taking up most of my space. Hoping to have a greenhouse this year to make it easier to grow Sativas🙏 Huixtepec, Oaxaca, Malawi, Nigerian, Congo and ?
This year I’ll be breaking out some of my old strains I haven’t gotten into for 5 years. Many of my friends grow and I’ve offered up my seed stock for pollination rights to 4 people so far, with more to come. I haven’t even hit up my family yet, and really haven’t talked to everyone that will want some plants. Should be quite the education after growing landraces only for 5 years. I’m hoping to identify exactly which landraces were used to make my old blueberry, and to pin down which region my uncles old 75 Afghan is from, and the same for a midget strain i got from him in 98. . .of course hunting the best plants is a given.

Let’s hope for a normal summer! :pray:

12 Likes

You flaggers need to settle down and learn that serious topics can be discussed in jest. Weed growing has ALWAYS been a subtle f*ck you to the government. Always will be.
No, I don’t approve of Oklahoma. For fuck sake.
Neither did my uncle.

11 Likes

Hi Cannabiscrusader - You had a nice garden last year ! Was the Banner strong ? How long did the Aculpulco Gold take ? I got some Purple Punch in the vault from GPS, and some Mocha Berry I haven’t popped yet. How did they turn out ? Awesome that you can build a hoop house this year and do some light dep. Your garden this year sounds excellent too. Yeah, all the moisture last season was a problem here too of course, and some septoria happened, as well as some bud rot.

2 Likes

What is the mocha berry? I looked quick, but couldn’t find the parents.

2 Likes

I’m not the one to ask for potency, the only one that really did anything for me was the pineapple express. Even that was meh. The pineapple express, and the purple punch had 0 botrytis. Maybe one nug, but next to nothing. Acapulco was pretty clean too, that went until the last week of November after the first or second frost.

1 Like

The mocha berry is a cross of mob × gsd.

Mob or mother of berries is an East coast strain

And the gsd or get shit done, was originally a bodhi creation. It was given as a freebie and was called love gift. It was ssdd x gg4. Copa refined it to remove the hermie tendencies of the gg4 cross. With permission from bodhi, it was renamed gsd.

I haven’t grown this one outdoors yet, and I didn’t expect too much while growing it inside this winter. It was stretchy and sparse. Like the Charlie brown tree. But the sample was awesome. The high is so chill. Not couch lock, just everything is relaxing. Making f2’s because the males were short and compact, I know there’s a female like that in there somewhere

5 Likes

Can you tell me a bit about the mocha berry I received a pack from secret santa here and think it might might grow great out here. I grew a gsd x p25 2 summers ago and it was great herb . how blueberry smell and taste were your plants. Thanks

2 Likes

The berry come through most on the nose and stem rub. Maybe not strikingly blueberry, but definitely berry. The mocha part is from the gg4. They really brought out the chocolate diesel notes in this cross. The mocha comes out on the exhale, and after the first couple pulls on your bong, bowl, j , or blunt. The males smell like heavy gas and burnt rubber.

3 Likes

The MOB part I guessed, but I was hoping the other half would be chocolope just because that sounds fun to me haha.

2 Likes