2024 Veterans giveaway Signup. Thank You For Your Service

Good evening OG. The time has come to get this party started. For those who don’t know, this is a yearly event that I try to put on to give thanks to those who serve or have served in the military. It’s just a way to point them out and give a big thank you for helping to give us all the freedom we enjoy every day. This was an idea from a previous member and I was brought in to host it by @TestOfOath. This will be the third go at this and should be a great one.

So let me start by saying thanks to @TestOfOath for getting me involved in the first one. I would also like to thank @G-paS who was kind enough to handle distribution for the first one and also to @Bobgrows who did the distribution for the second one as well as this one we are about to kick off. These are 3 great members that OG is blessed to have in the community.

I would also like to give a big thank you to all the donors who offered up seeds and a variety of other items to be given out to our veterans. They are @FirstCavApache64 , @4ftfarmer , @OhNo555 , @Rhai88 , @Kasper0909 , @420noob , @freed111 , @blowdout2269 , @seeds2weeds , @misterbee , @GCBudz , @JustANobody , @LoveDaAutos , @Budderton , @olschool , @santero , @Wizdom , @CapnCannabis , @Trae1170 , @MaryJane13, @BRMTreefarmer and @shag . Big thanks OGers.

Donner list:

@FirstCavApache64 : I’ll put up two different sets of cuttings from any of my clones and cover shipping to the US
@OhNo555 : 1 USMC Sticker and 1 Wounded Warrior Project 2023 pin
@Rhai88 : 2 X 1 Overgrow T-Shirt - 1 Overgrow Holo Slap - 25 pack Blueberry Diesel F2
@Kasper0909 : 2 packs of the Punta Cometa Oaxaca x Blue Sunshine
@420noob : 2 books of stamps
@freed111 : 10 pack of CBD Critical Mass, from Phoenix seeds
For Insomnia, Migraines, Muscle Spasm, Pain.
@blowdout2269 : 30 pucks of Scarlet Grapes F2 auto fems
@seeds2weeds : $25 to help fund stamps
@misterbee : $50 to @Bobgrows to help with Postage, plus 20 - 25 Flips of Mixed Varieties/Strains.
@GCBudz : 40 packs of my Cap Junky x Chem 91.
@JustANobody : Seed pucks if needed
@4ftfarmer : $50 for postage
@LoveDaAutos : thirty (30) flips of Cap Junky
@Budderton : 20 flips of SFV OG Bx3 F3, 10 flips of Cobra Quiver, 10 flips of Speeder Bike
@olschool : Space lights f2, NL#5xAlien OG From Johnnypotseed, BOG Sour Strawberry From Tejas and MimosaMints From We Toke Chronic
@santero : 20x “semper high” that i’d love to add :slight_smile: “semper high” is fallen soldiers (bubba) x pot of gold ibl
@Wizdom : 10 packs of my chemdawg x meatbreath fems
Anonymous: $20 for shipping supplies
@CapnCannabis : 35 pucks of 12 of Regular Sour Bluetooth
@DougDawson : Blue Kush
@MaryJane13 : Bleugenious CBD
@shag : Motorbreath 15
@BRMTreefarmer : Skunk #1
@misterbee : TWENTY-FIVE/25 FLIPS
@JohnnyPotseed : 10 packs (10 seeds per pack) of one of my newest crosses. Frankenstein x Unicorn Poop (regular)
@Trae1170: 3 granite pipes image
@Trial-N-Error : Useful’s Mint Chocolate Trip. 12 Flips of the F2

So the way this works is simple. If you currently serve or have served in any branch of the military you can sign up and will receive a share of the seeds and prizes donated. The one requirement is that you have been a member of OG since January 10th, 2024. Anyone who joined after that will just have to wait for next years event. So how about we get this going.

One of my big motivations for this event is my Grandfather, Douglas Leonard Dawson. I feel he was the best man I have ever known. Veteran, Father, Grandfather, Great Grandfather, Firefighter. As a matter of fact, he retired District Chief of the fire department. His memory always motivates me to try to be a better person. Love you Grandpa and sure do miss you. This was him back in WW2.

So, not that my little sentimental blurb is done, let’s kick this event off.

Thanks to all the Veterans for your service.

78 Likes

1. @Oldjoints US Navy USS JFK CVA-67
  2. @JustANobody USMC 04-08 OIFx2
  3. @Spitfire USN Tomahawk/NFCS tech
  4. @illicitmango US Army :us: US Army emoji 25
  5. @patsnumone US Navy :us:
  6. @Til_Valhalla US Army :us: image 44thMedABN
  7. @rasterman (USAF)
  8. @Olcoot Army 81/85
  9. @middleman USAF :us:
  10. @djtrip US NAVY :us:
  11. @NoCal USMC :us:
  12. @Kgrim :us:
  13. @Syn US Army :us: US Army emoji 25
  14. @FirstCavApache64 US Army :us:
  15. @Gumbert USAF Vietnam 1972 LINEBACKER 2
  16. @Hapi Navy :us: YN3 (SW) DD 964
  17. @herojuana.tom :us:
  18. @JOHN1234 :us: Navy 87-96
  19. @Mr.Christmas USMC 6323
  20. @bigbluedog360 USAF :us:
  21. @CapnCannabis OIF/OEF US Army 08-13
  22. @beardedvet222 US Army :us:
  23. @ItsintheGenetics :us: Army
  24. @Keene :us: Army Infantry 67-69
  25. @boatbum325 : us: USMC 68-71
  26. @Oozle :us: Army 04-13
  27. @Scootsmcgoo122 US ARMY 09-17
  28. @mainerJ US NAVY 78-95
  29. @JC72 USAF
  30. @olschool USMC 81-85
  31. @KUSHDADDY US ARMY 09-17 :us:
  32. @Randar USN
  33. @Than US NAVY Mustang
  34. @hawkman USN - 70-74 (Vietnam)
  35. @dcoolbreeze1 USN :us:
  36. @Sdoyle USMC 1983-87
  37. @Ace71975 US Army & US Navy :us:
  38. @greenmonster714 army :us:
  39. @rootfarmer Army 81/85 :us:
  40. @Trial-N-Error US Arny :us:
  41. @Sailorboy USN 90-91 :us:
  42. @supersecretjim USAF 90-94 Travis AFB
46 Likes

Hey @moderators , would it be possible to get this event pinned please? Thank you.

14 Likes

Awesome @DougDawson love this event. I only wish I could do more. Overgrow the world and helping vets 2 Great causes!
@FirstCavApache64 @Illicitmango and any other vets you know!

12 Likes

Let’s tag the members from the previous event.

@draig :us: :anchor: , @Oldjoints :us: , @JohnnyPotseed :us: :anchor: ,
@CapnCannabis :us: US Army emoji 25OIF/OEF 2009/2011 ,
@BigMike55 :us: US Army 1973-1976 , @FirstCavApache64 US Army emoji 1st-cavalry-division-5-1-4-patch-20 , @Illicitmango :us: US Army emoji 25 ARMY , @kgrim :us: , @herojuana.tom :us: , @patsnumone :us: :anchor: , @Hapi :us: :anchor: , @sfzombie13 us , @Naptown916 :us: , @middleman :us: :airplane: , @misterbee us: US Air Force Emoji , @Randar :us: US NAVY emoji , @olschool US Marines Emoji USMC 1981-1985 OOOOOH RAAA , @rootfarmer :us: image 81-85 Neu Ulm , @Olcoot Army 81/85 , @Syn :us: image , @beardedvet222 :us: image , @Keene :us: Army Infantry 67-69 , @Spitfire Navy , @PTron US Marines Emoji 25 USMC 1975-1978 , @beersnweed :australia: :anchor:Navy1989-1997 , @Ult USA USAF 2001-2018 , @GMan :us: Navy :anchor: , @bigbluedog360 USAF 1983-1987 , @mainerJ :us: Navy 1978-1984 & 1987-1995 , @kushdaddy :us: ![US Army emoji 25|25x25]

24 Likes

All respect to those that have served to keep us free and strong. And a moment of silence for those who gave thier lives.

21 Likes

Thank you so much to all the volunteers, donators and organizers of this event. I am so grateful for @DougDawson taking the lead on this for all the vets here.

18 Likes

@Til_Valhalla get over here and signup brother, you don’t want to miss this one.

10 Likes

Going to leave this up for a couple weeks so we can be sure to get all the vet’s on OG signed up. Just in case some don’t sign in every day. :v:

10 Likes

This is amazing. Thank you @DougDawson for organizing everything :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen! Appreciate it so much! I’d never be able to afford the equipment if I had to buy seeds and vice versa.

7 Likes

When and where are we sending these items? I think :thinking: I have more stuff now as well. :sunglasses::v:

9 Likes

I volunteer TWENTY-FIVE/25 FLIPS of either single or duplicate Strains/Varieties, maybe more. ALL, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

18 Likes

thanks for setting this up for the vet community. i’ll take this over dinner at crapplebees any day of the week.

appreciate you.

13 Likes

thanks for the tag homie.

6 Likes

Thanks to all of you who helped with this Giveaway, and thank all of you Veterans for your service!
Peace

11 Likes

Don’t be shy guys and gals!
I’ll say it again…til I’m blue in the face;

Many of you have sacrificed friends, family, careers, and your sanity for the privilege to serve your country. Some have given the ultimate sacrifice. All of these men and women should never be forgotten.
I’m honored to make a donation the these brave and selfless souls.
Thank you for the opportunity @DougDawson, @TestOfOath, @G-paS, and @Bobgrows.
:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

19 Likes

@DougDawson I appreciate the tag, my friend! I thank all who have served for that service, and welcome home any who returned from that honorable service!
I already have more beans than I will ever use, and so will not be entering my name in the list to receive any.

However, I would like to add 10 packs (10 seeds per pack) of one of my newest crosses. Frankenstein x Unicorn Poop (regular) I dropped 10 of em for the germ test, all 10 popped.
@DougDawson if @Bobgrows going to distribute for this, i think I saw? I’ll just send em to her to pass out, if that’s ok with you & her?

26 Likes

Thank you all who donate and help coordinate this beautiful sentiment for our/us Vets. From the bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank you all. OG is like home, and I’ve always felt at ease here since joining. The welcoming vibe, selfless people, and overall kindness really makes this place stand out. Thank you OGs, and to all who served!

15 Likes

Thank you @DougDawson for putting this up and to all the folks helping making it happen with the donations.

8 Likes