2x2 organic LED

The Polaris is starting to turn purple. My girlfriend says it smells like fruit loops I still smell a deep hash. Week 7 for everyone.

7 Likes

Old family purple. Looking sexy

10 Likes

Wintergreen she is frosty af and has a complex smell of chocolate, earthy hash, mangoes, and whatever Jack herer smells like. Can’t wait to really break in and smell her.

12 Likes

They sure look happy, shouldn’t be long now. You using any added nutrients now?

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by. I’m using real growers recharge and buildasoil buildabloom once a week, and silica just about every watering. Also I used buildasoil big 6 (micronutrients) once when I switched to flower.

2 Likes

2 grows ago was my first time using silica…it is now a must have in my nute lineup!
Not sure if I shared this here…but you might find this interesting. I post this everywhere, so you may have seen it before.

Shrimp heads and cucumber skin ash!!!..lol…check it…

2 Likes

Yeah it’s good stuff for sure my ladies love it. Looks interesting I’ll check it out.

1 Like

yer ladies are looking very sexy indeed :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that :grin: hope more people can benefit from that information.

1 Like

Wintergreen I love her. I accidentally bumped a nug and got this strong coffee smell, add that to the list of smells for this beauty. The leaves are starting to turn purple and so is her stalk. I’m pretty sure she is going to finish last.

5 Likes

Old family purple looking pretty af.

7 Likes

Polaris looks yummy. Also I’m now having a problem with her I’m not sure what is, but the top leaf edges are turning brown. I’m not too worried about it being at 8 weeks in flower but would like to find out what is. So far I’m guessing light stress or overwatering. Has anyone seen this? Should I be worried? If anyone needs more info just let me know. The problem will be on the last pics.

9 Likes

Update on the girls. It is day 62 and everyone is looking and smelling great despite the nute burn. Only two of the plants got the burn, wintergreen being one of them :confused:.
Also a big note. Now I’m pretty sure the Polaris is Mendocino purple cheddar. My two reasons for believing this is 1. She turned purple 2. The undeniable cheese smell I get after that beautiful deep hash when I first smell her. I guess there could be a 3rd and obvious one at that, no chem smells lol. So from now on Polaris is Mendocino purple cheddar. Whoops!
Oh yeah I’ll probably be harvesting two plants this week. Looking at the trichomes they are about 90% cloudy 10% clear no signs of Amber yet. This round I want to try and harvest around 90-100% cloudy/milky. In the past I wouldn’t look at the trichs until all pistils changed color at this point the trichomes on my plants were probably 50/50. I’ll post some trichome shots later on.

Pics from last night…

12 Likes

Bagseed this is my 3rd time growing her, 1st time under LEDs.

7 Likes

Old family purple she’s a pretty one for sure. I was hoping for a TK dominant plant with urkle undertones or a nice blend. This smells like purple urkle all day
no TK smells, yet… can’t wait to see what else I find. I know shes in there.

7 Likes

Wintergreen she’s going to be colorful as well. Excited to see how she finishes up.

11 Likes

Looking great, @stONER775! You’re almost ready to scratch “never finished a grow journal” off the list! Can’t wait to see the trimmed buds and final numbers from each plant.

BTW - which RapidLED light are you using? Also, did you end up running the heater much? How low would your temps get when the lights were out?

2 Likes

Thanks for watching, I’m excited af to say the least. I’m going to be cutting two tonight for sure so I can have a decent cure for 420. I’m planning on doing some more journals, stay tuned for those.
As for the light I went with the 2x2 chilled led, and let me tell you I love it man. I’ve only grown under a mh lamp in the past and a next light mini led, and this chilled led from rapid blows it out the water for half the price. I still haven’t cranked it full power it so bright, if you don’t have eye protection your going to need it for those lights. Also i didn’t use the heater to much I think just the first 2 weeks. The reason I used a heater was when the lights went out, I think temps were 63-62*f lights out and my little heater would keep it around 68 with lights out. My temps never went over 75 while running. I’m sure any light you get from them will be badass

4 Likes

Cool - thanks for the info. I’ll check out the light because I’m searching for my first LED for flowering. I’m guessing yours will be a little small for my area, but they might have others that would do what I need.

Oh, and regarding your temps, I know it’s too late to matter at this point, but I reach much lower temps in my room when the lights go out. In fact, the temps would go as low as 51, and often stay in the 50’s when the lights are off. The only impact this had on my grows was to make the colors EXPLODE! I have strains that tend to have a purple color to them, and that purple really pops during my winter grows.

Happy trimming tonight! I’m excited to see your finished work!

2 Likes

Beautiful plants, I really like the look of that purple cheese!

1 Like