2x2 organic LED

In my experience, yes it is better to go fewer bigger plants. It’s easier to water that way too. Small pots require frequent watering.

3 Likes

The best thing about this plant is personal preference. Try out the 1 gallons and see how you like it. I went from 5 to 3 and now I’m in 2gallons. I’m also thinking of upgrading to a bed so I can give no/low till a try.

3 Likes

thanks …yup and half the fun is getting to have your very own science experiment …even if we do not admit it there are quite a few science nerds that hang out at OG … myself being one of them :smiley:

2 Likes

@riverlady
I love my 2-3 hours with my plants in the morning. I’m mostly just staring at them from different angles…lol. But I definitely have the time for frequent watering. I’m looking for a quick turnaround…so 1 gallons should work well for what little, if any, vegging I’ll be doing.
I find myself missing my dwc…always had something to do…test ph, test ppm, such and such…soil is kind of boring. Lightly water, litfa, lightly water, litfa, light nutes, litfa…lol

3 Likes

Well… I am the king of LITFA!

6 Likes

i do understand … really enjoy the time i spend gardening …even more in the heart of winter…also retired and look mine over very careful every day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so day 2 of 12/12 and everything is looking good so far. I was nervous because I added buildasoils big 6 micronutrients and real growers recharge, which I never used before and didn’t know what to expect. Here’s some pics of the girls.
Group shot

Polaris

Mendocino purple cheddar

8 Likes

Wintergreen

Bagseed

9 Likes

Not familiar with the Big 6 micro, but imagine it’s pretty much the same as BioAg’s TM-7. I use it sparingly if Insee any deficiencies.

Recharge is good stuff, microbes, carbs, and kelp (cant go wrong with kelp!) I like to add it to my no-till beds about once a month.

2 Likes

I just checked out the TM-7 and it has a little more ingredients than the big 6, but yes similar. So far I love the stuff I used from buildasoil and so do my girls. I’ll be introducing buildasoils buildabloom sometime next week. I’ve read nothing but good things on the recharge so decided to give it a try.
Dude, I cant wait to give no/low-till a try. I think this is the year.

3 Likes

I’m starting to think this mendo purple cheddar is an old family purple, which is not a bad thing. The story on that is I started with 4 seeds 1 MPC, 1 OFP, 1 polaris, and 1 bagseed. I threw them all in the same shot glass, all the seeds looked different so I thought it would be easy to tell what is what when I planted and if anything I’d identify them as they grow. One of the seeds never made it above ground.
Anyways, my reason for believing this, was checking out veg photos on IG and all the MPC looked short and squat and this plant is lanky. So I checked out some OFP veg pics and found some that look similar to what I got going now. Heres some pics of the unknown CSI humboldt plant I have.

The others I’m positive on what they are just not this gal.

4 Likes

A group shot of the gals last night. I’ll be back later tonight to post more pics and an update on everyone.

5 Likes

Here is another update. All the girls are looking good, not 100% perfect, but dam good if I do say so myself. Still waiting on the wintergreen to show sex. Also the wintergreen has some spots on the leaves I’m not sure what they are. I suspect thrips but haven’t seen any type of infestation and none of my other plants are showing this. It almost looks like variegation, but I’m not sure.
I didn’t get to post pics last night because my phone keeps shutting off and wont turn on. Even though it’s a lot more work, I’m going to start posting from my computer. Sorry for no pics this post.

1 Like

Here is the bagseed hiding under the leaves of the wintergreen. I been debating if I should remove the leaf blocking the bagseed.

Not sure if this is a deficiency on the wintergreen or genetics. Purple stems and petioles. I’ll get better pics of this tonight.

I had pictures of the leaves with the discoloration, but I had to put all my phone pics on an external hard drive, and now my phone has no pics except for a few I took last night. I’ll post those hopefully today. This phone keeps shutting off randomly even when charged.

1 Like

Polaris

MPC or OFP ok so this plant is also showing some things, but she still looks healthy so hopefully its nothing major.

Yikes! This leaf looks like it was chewed. :anguished:

3 Likes

Group shot and tried to get a cool pic of the lights.
Also introduced buildabloom the girls and soil, we’ll see how they react tonight.

3 Likes

they are in the same pot ? not a good idea …take the small one out

1 Like

Yes they share the same pot. The wintergreen never sprouted, so I planted the bagseed, it came up right after the bagseed did so I just let her grow. Thank you for the concern, I’ve read and read on the situation and decided I’ll let them grow together. I’ve seen a lot of great grows with multiple plants in one pot, although mine are small plants in little 2 gallon pots compared to 10, 15, 20 gallon ect… i think they will enjoy each others company.

if your wanting to keep them both put them in the biggest pot you can …the problem is they compete for root space and light …my prediction is the little one will not do very well…in the future if this happens again scoop the little one out with a teaspoon asap and replant in its own pot …in fact if it was me i would still try to separate them by taking them out of the pot and carefully pulling them apart

2 Likes

If I thought it would be a big problem I would of separated them from the start. I normally wouldn’t do this it just happened so I went with it. I agree and will eventually upgrading to a raised bed or 1 big pot.

1 Like