4 mephisto strains in 5 gal. Sips. Yalla, let's go!

:crossed_fingers:good luck with your grow, @grow
I cashed in a couple favors to get a growmie to fill in for me while Iā€™m gone. Thanks so much for taking a look!

4 Likes

Thank you for spending your likes on my humble auto run. Next week Iā€™ll be back in town to put some more pics up. Right now itā€™s only the angle from the wifi cam. Good to have you Percy!

4 Likes

Dangit, late to the show, but Iā€™m here. The last plant of my first all-autoflower run is currently drying, happy to watch and learn.

2 Likes

How did you do @Topdecker ? Weā€™re they OVERGROW genetics or breeder seeds?

2 Likes

It was a mix of OG and breeders (Zamnesia and Fast Buds accounted for 4 of them). 6 plants in 3-gallon bags stayed in the tent and it was just a 3x2, which meant that I was over-subscribed by a bit. Iā€™ll end up with right around 6oz of flower.

2 Likes

Well done! Jars filled :heavy_check_mark:
I know nothing about genetics but zamnesia sounds like a sativa?

2 Likes

Sounds good to me brother, keep it up

Zamnesia is an EU-based vendor that recently set-up a US distro point. I grew GG#4 auto and Strawberry Cough auto from their genetics. The GG#4 was very heavy on foxtailing - Iā€™ve not done a smoke test yet, but it is going to have to be pretty good for me to give it space in my tent again.

The Strawberry Cough is on the lower-side of foxtailing but went 13 weeks. That isnā€™t a deal breaker if the consumption effect is solid, but I would only grow it in an all-autos dedicated run.

What I am after in an auto is 8-10 weeks grow time, an ok yield, and an ok smoke. Notice the fairly low bars to cross - my expectations are reasonable.

IMO 13 weeks is too close to 16 weeks (a typical reg run). What I want to do is to fill my corners with autoflower plants that are cut down to main-cola only that finish around the time that I switch the lights over to flowering mode for the 2 or 3 regs that I grow in the center of the tent.

If I can pull an extra 3/4 to 1 ounce out of each corner without impacting the 2 or 3 regs Iā€™ve got growing in the center, well, itā€™s a nice win. Problem is that Iā€™ve got to find the stains that will get it done for me.

Long, long post to basically say that I am searching for good filler autoflower strains. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I always recommend mephisto
Only one Iā€™ve tried but Iā€™ve seen lots of good plants. They also give a good description of growth habits(branching, eventual height etc.)of each strain.
Pal grew a double grape that came out excellent. I know that one in particular is on the smaller side of their offerings

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only seen and heard good things about Mephistoā€¦for real

2 Likes

Day 45 four different flavors of mephisto auto

10 Likes

Lookin greatā€¦for a long distance grow:)ā€¦

1 Like

Back late last niteā€¦Iā€™m pretty thrilled with how they fared while I was gone. Basically only one visit from a growmie halfway through to add water for me. I watched the whole stretch happen on wifi cam from 9 states away.

5 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of low effort growing and I like your setup @BudLarfy . Remote growing is awesome!!

I see you mentioned a gravity feed for the growbuckets. Could you explain how you set it up?

3 Likes

@SaintAliasKnife itā€™s a kit you can buy for the grobuckets. You can connect to a garden hose or like I have to a gravity fed reservoir. I still have the old Texas controller res. From a 25 year old waterfarm setup. I used it for rdwc a while back and it seems to kick ass for sips also.
Plants seem to prefer when I stay away and feed straight LITFA

5 Likes

13 Likes

Out of likes, which is good becauseā€¦I love it! Thank you for sharing your experience. Everything looks spectacular

2 Likes

Appreciate the love!! Thanks for riding along Percy! Now the fun part begins. Some jars are gonna get filled from the looks of things

2 Likes

Preach brother.

so thereā€™s a float valve in each bucket. this is very similar to my setup of autofilling octos. I have some sets of the gro bucket inserts. food for thought for next year. if gravity works in this setup, I just need one distribution rez with a floatvalve and some bulk heads. yep this would work.

I have 2 octopups in the greenhouse with a 10gall rez and an ammo box with a floatvalve to keep them topped up. works fine. but I like the bucket idea better.

:dove:

3 Likes

Octopots are prettyy neat. My local shop has them. The float valves have been working well so far but the verdict is still out cause Iā€™m watching to see if the quarter inch line is clogged from sediment. It seems like itā€™s not filling rt now. And I noticed some debris in the reservoir from the trash can I fill from for dechorination purposes. My guy mustā€™ve dumped some crud in there when he came to water.

5 Likes