4th run: Hindu Kush & Orange Grove x GG4 RIL

Was intrigued by the Hindu but I’m staaying for the orange grove gg4
Watching for sure : )
Great work @Floyd
Beuttiful plant @MoBilly
Fun times @Dalorean
Gonna be a cracking show : )

4 Likes

Welcome aboard @ifish! Hopefully this goes good! Today is 9 days from dropping the seeds, they’re Off to an amazing start!
Hindu Kush is ahead with flying colors on their 5th set of leaves, with the 7 fingers. I’m absolutely loving how think the leaves are so far, and looking forward to what they do later. One has some funky looking leaves but I’m sure it will grow out of them. I watered once with half strength nutes, but went back to plain water, I don’t want to push them too hard, already having trouble with the autos I’m finishing up.

OGxGG4 are doing fantastic too, chugging along great, the slow starter is still behind but doing good, already can smell a faint orange smell from them!
For poops and giggles here’s the blue cheese autos I started a while back, I’m guessing nute burn since I read autos are real sensitive to nutes, even tho I only watered with half strength, and I goofed and accidentally watered them with the veg nute mix I made for the current grow. So I’m guessing nitrogen burn they’ll be going outside when I need the space tho cuz Hindu and OG are priority!!!

11 Likes

They are just looking awesome bro!
:v::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Thanks @MoBilly!!! At least the babies are. How’s your OG coming along? Is she starting to stack? You did flip her right?

2 Likes

My straight OG is about the size of your OGxGG4 's. But my OGxGG4 was flipped about a week ago. I let her get a little larger than I had planned due to my having to finish up with that pollen run. Then we had to clean all that pollen in the flower room and everywhere else. lol
I’m putting together a new journal right now though. You can see pics when I tag you in.

3 Likes

Week 3 from paper towel drop. They’re on the 7-8th node now. I probably should top them, but I think I was supposed to do that already, I think I read the 4-6th node? Or I can do the bendy over thingy. Ugh I don’t know what to do, I still haven’t found “my thing” yet. Personally I love letting them go all natural and be who they are on the inside lol
Hindu Kush

OGxGG4 RIL
Transplanted them to bigger container and inFox Farm soil. That Baccto soil IMHO isn’t very good, you can see the plants color fade, and I had trouble with the autos too with that soil, but they’re all starting to green up better in the new growth since transplant and breaking off the old soil from root ball. Started light feeding and molasses water. Any advice on what to do for training or topping is totally welcome cuz I think it’s about time to start something. Also I expected the leaves to be fatter with the Hindu, maybe they’ll fatten up as they get bigger.

6 Likes

I would let them grow natural see how they like to grow. Then you know for next time. But its up to you.
Looking good.

3 Likes

Perfect time to top in my book

Cut them in half and pop the top half in your cloning set up

I like big clones and I cannot lie!

Seriously though
The idea is to top them sooner so the lateral branching starts lower

As they are this big check out the ‘flop’ method
Basically fold em over at °90

Btw, crushing it bro!

1 Like

Hmm now I have opposing opinions…. I’ll go with natural since it’s my first time growing both of these strains so I can see their structure and enjoy their natural beauty. Yield is never a big issue, heck @Floyd we just finished up the GG4xDreamcatcher stash about a month ago!

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Today is the start of week 4 for the littles! They’re growing good and consistent, but they seem to be struggling a bit. Discoloration of the leaves makes me think a deficiency. I have been using a new nutrient, Technaflora, following the instructions on the back. The ppm of the recommended dose per gallon read at 600 ppm, so maybe it was a bit low? Either way I went back to Advanced nutrients, added the micro, and a small amount of cal/mag. I did this yesterday so hopefully will see some results. The tops look good it’s just the lower leaves. Idk if they’ll green up or just wither up and drop.
Hindu Kush

they’re not very big size wise but they’re sure growing tall. One of them is already alternating nodes! Definitely a first for me to see that with such a small plant. The side shoots aren’t growing at all, which is also new to me, usually they are growing just as fast as the main growth on top. Don’t know if it’s cuz the light is dimmed down low or just the strain. Either way they’re chugging along.
OGXGG4 RIL
these ones are looking the same as far as color. I expected them to darken up more after transplanting into the fox farm, oh well. They’re darkening up at the top so they should be fine. Same slow internode growth up higher on the plant, some lower branches are shooting up pretty good though. The biggest one on the bottom right, that one was the runt! It sure made a come back and is showing off to the other ones lol. I hope it’s a girl cuz it’s still my favorite one out of all of them.

Well that’s it for now. Hopefully changing the nutes helps, and as soon as the autos finish I’ll be able to set them up center to the light and give them the space they need.

5 Likes

So I’m still learning all about growing obviously, and more so about harvesting. So I went to my friends house who grew out a Cake Fighter x Valley Ghash plant I started. He said he thought it was close to done so I went to see it. All the hairs were shriveled up. It didn’t appear to have any amber from just looking, had that shiny Crystal shine to it. But one thing I noticed was the SMELL!! This plant reeked to high heaven!! I took a small branch home to inspect and it stunk the entire house up! Even when I got in the truck the next morning for work the truck STILL stunk!! Now I’ve read that when a plant is ready there’s a change in the smell that “you know” it’s done. Does the plant smell get super smelly like that when you let it go longer??? None of my harvests smelled crazy strong like that, I’m starting to wonder if I’ve been harvesting way too early all this time….

2 Likes

Do you have anything like this?

It pretty much removes all doubt when to harvest. I have noticed some plants take on a stronger smell and even change and a new twist (like berry smell) that I hadn’t noticed before. And then there are others that don’t seem to have a strong odor, ever.

I believe it’s a variable that may be stable in some strains but not something that you can use to judge all plants. Just look at all the pheno’ that an f2 batch of seeds might make. Who knows what you end up with. That’s kinda fun though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My wife will tell you everything I grow stinks up the house. Lol
$20 microscope like MoBilly said is helpful for judging ripeness.

3 Likes

I do have a loupe, and another thing that hooks up to the phone and zooms in good, I just couldn’t believe how that small branch smelled so dang strong and everything I’ve grown hasn’t been near as potent smelling. There’s something I’m missing here it feels like. Just curious is all. Boy I sure would love my grows to smell like that one!

1 Like

Different strains, different smells. Some stink more than others.
@MoBilly says his Orange grove x GG4 really stinks.

3 Likes

Yes he does. :slight_smile: The buds are beginning to show what they will be. Tight structured from what I see.

2 Likes

Both strains involved make really solid buds.

3 Likes

Ah! Ok good I was so worried I was doing something wrong! The smell is the best part in my book, and from what y’all say, Floyd’s cross will not be disappointing :smiley::smiley::smiley: I’m still guna experiment and let this blue cheese auto go extra long and observe. Mrs. Dalorean needs some good nighty night smoke anyways lol

2 Likes

If you’re wondering how she is going to smell try a stem rub on that OG x GG4. I bet your going to have to have Mrs. D. smell your fingers afterwards. lol

I have one more thing I wanted to add. My girl is the thirstiest thing as well. Right now I can’t seem to water her enough. She’s in a 5gal bag but I’m watering every day.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s the problem. I thought I was over watering, but the pots are bone dry every single day almost when I check. I never do a full soak just pour a little water in daily. I’ll try more water and nutes more often and see if that helps. Thanks Mo!

2 Likes