5 weeks into flower- how to stop the yellowing

My sunshine daydream has been starting to yellow but the 2 Purple punch in the back isn’t. The yellowing doesnt seem drastic, but I also think its starting to speed up a bit. The SSDD was in the 7gal for about a month before I flipped to flower so she probably used up a lot of the amendments I had in there. The punch was transplanted up from 3 gal about a week into flowering so they have fresher soil than the SSDD.

Been trying to give her some Epsom salts, gave her recharge last night. Even gave her a week shot of fox farm grow big about a week ago thinking it was N deficiency. Dont want to overload nutes now, just want to slow the yellowing for a couple weeks so she isnt totally spent a week before harvest.

I’m using the @reikox soil mix, fed fox farm grow big during veg, top dressed w neem, alfalfa, and the build a soil craft nutrient mix before flowering and a little during

Using recharge, and twice fed barley teas, coconut tea. Waiting to get some aloe powder in. Basically went from bottled nutes in veg to using amendments and teas during flower.

Lights on temps run at 81F, lights off are more like 66. Humidity is about 40-55%.

16 Likes

I sometimes use a eucalyptus wetting agent that has some nitrogen in it.
I don’t always add as can add too much with feeding schedules but I would break it out in this case if that helps?

2 Likes

If you have any liquid fish fertilizer give them a shot of it they’ll green up pretty quick !

3 Likes

Think if you’re going to do this do it only once then let them do there thing?

2 Likes

So dont have the fish fert, but what in it do you suspect boosts them real quick? Is it N? Mg? Ca? Another micronutrient?

Yeah, I’m not expecting to have to keep feeding being 5+ weeks in. A quick shot would be ideal but not always possible when trying to stay organic in flower.

1 Like

I’m thinking fish shit high in nitrogen ground up fish?

Probably. I gave it a shot of 1/2 strength veg fert, probably needs a shot or 2 of full strength

Beware of feeding very much N.
5 eeeks in floeer i would if i thought the were not getting enough N to carry them through, i wold only feed like 600ppm of a 10-30/15.
I am a soil grower…lol
Have fun and b happy.

6 Likes

Top dress with fresh EWC and water it in. Otherwise, i think they will still make it to the finish line.

7 Likes

Thanks all, top dressed w store bought EWC, gave it a light feeding of foxfarm grow big as well. My worms have been in a cold garage all winter so no fresh casting out of the bin available yet.

4 Likes

Hi @newb2.0 Be careful of too much N in flower
Like @Bigun said a 10/30/20 would do just fine
I learned the hard way the wrong ratios of NPK can screw up your grow
Weeks 3 throu 5 your should be feeding a 10/30/20 feed
Weed 6 , 7 increase k to same level as the p like @Jetdro schedule to a 1/3/3
It’s all about the ratios I see a great difference this grow
Peace

4 Likes

Thanks. Unfortunately, with all the organic amendmnets I have, I didn’t have a bottled bloom fert on hand. The fox farm grow big is 6-4-4, so I gave it a 1/2 strength feeding of it this morning along w the ewc top dress. I’ll just stick the organic teas and top dresses out at this point. It may yellow a little early, but I think what I’m doing will help slow it a bit. Next run I’ll have to make sure to keep N higher w the SSDD going into bloom.

When you say you screwed up a grow by too much N in flower, what happened? Think 1/2 strength of 6-4-4 will make much difference?

1 Like

Ahhh you’d be surprised how much you can shake out of worm bedding if ya give it a try ! Doesn’t have to be totally done to harvest.

2 Likes

When I did soil I did a modified super soil
Also used the earth juice line everything organic and
Worked will at lower levels

2 Likes

Do a quick seed sprout tea of of lentils or some type of bean for a good phosphorus boost .

2 Likes

Does that work w just regular dried beans from the grocery store like pinto or black beans?

1 Like

From what resources Iv read here and their you probably have a good source of P right in your cupboard already . Think I read also used coffee grounds is a good source but I’d watch quantities if using these.

1 Like

You’ll have to soak them till they get a small tap root then blend 1/2 cup or so per 2 gallon of water

2 Likes

You were totally right! Had just bought 1000 worms that I dropped in there a week ago. Took the 10 gal fabric pot, separated the bedding and left over food, grabbed about a gallon of castings (w a ton of worms!), and split the worm bin into the 10 gal and 2, 5 gal fabric pots because of the amount of worms and food that I had to give them. So tonight, when lights come back on I’ll split the castings and worms among my flowering plants!

2 Likes