50States Random plant photos

We sure are. I’m hearing Central IL/IN theyre already finding them. Still a little cold here in N IL.

2 Likes

It’s just like the deer rut as temps change so does the growing of the shrooms from state to state

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can raise Root and see what’s going down around Peoria.

3 Likes

Found a couple lil north and west of me. Central Michigan. Early spot though. Ground temps in fifties last week. Dairy farmers got planter going east of me. Next week is supposed to be chilly. That’s Michigan though

1 Like

I’m up near the lake so we probably have a few more weeks. I checked out my early spot but I would say I have a week or two.

2 Likes

Look under dying elm trees with bark peeling off.

3 Likes

Ah ah ah not any old elm will do.

You get the best results from the elms that the bark is just starting to fall off the tips of the finger branches way up high.
Old fence lines and old orchards.

There is a science to this

I come from a long line of shroomers

Are the lilacs blooming and the crappie bite on?

10 Likes

I’ve only seen one morel in my life and it was dead center in the middle of my backyard one year, have never seen any there or anywhere else since. It was delicious.

2 Likes

Why would pot grown in a cornfield have to be sold cheap? It’s gonna be just as quality as anything else.

Them plants has all the nutes it needs from being in that field.

3 Likes

Depends on where the spores end up.

1 Like

Pot grown in cornfields is generally more spindly, can have nute/insect/fungus issues, and is often times covered in corn pollen (not to mention potential pesticides). Its usually the worst of outdoor weed.

3 Likes

The outdoor pot may be spindly due to excessive nitrogen used by the farmer. I don’t feed nitrogen if I’m feeding at all in corn fields.

Pollen mostly washes off with the rain but I still like to give mine a cold shower to wash off the yuk as I unbag it and hang it with a fan on it for an hour or till leaves look dryed off. I hate the corn pubes on my buds more so than the pollen. Both make the weed harsh if not removed.

My biggest concern is late spraying of fungicides when I do corn fields. I’ve had bug problems in corn and out it happens but most farmers around here don’t seem to use insecticides.

I agree that outdoors is normally the worst only because poor growers can produce a ton of garbage outdoors. They leave it in bags and in hot trunks then dump it into piles and let it ferment and fester while they trim it like shit and quick dry it with fans and dehumidifiers. Their end product is dark rotten buds with little to no bag appeal.

Pot quality depends on the grower and the handling after harvest and there is differences of quality in both indoors and outs as a result.

13 Likes

Have never had a problem you’re gonna have problems wherever you plant.

2 Likes

Oh definitely. Personally I prefer well grown outdoor weed every time, there’s just something to it from the sun that can’t be matched indoors.

4 Likes

@50State
Ufs#18
Premo gear!!!

Edit: had to throw this in here…1 gallon pot, 1 oz. Bud

30 Likes

What’s the smell like coming off her ?

3 Likes

Running some of my Orange Goji in 5.5 inch pots at 28 days under SolSheets. Started 20 seeds, killed 4 at repot, killed 9 males, left with 7 females.

Orange Goji #3 Height 26.5 inches
Stock Rub -Sweet Orange
Bud Rub - Sour Waxy Orange

Orange Goji #6 Height 27 inches
Stock Rub - Waxy Orange
Bud Rub - Very Sour Waxy Orange

Orange Goji #7 Height 31.5 inches
Stock Rub - Sweet Earthy Playdough
Bud Rub - Sweet Powdered Milk
Sugar leaf and buds are the stickiness glue like resin of the bunch.

Orange Goji #10 Height 31 inches
Stock Rub - Sweet Earth
Bud Rub - Sweet Powdered Milk with a hint of citrus

Orange Goji #12 Height 29 inches
Stock Rub - Sweet Orange
Bud Rub - Sour Waxy Orange

Orange Goji #13 Height 28 inches
Stock Rub - Spicy Orange Perfume
Bud Rub - Sweet Orange

Orange Goji #16 Height 28 inches
Stock Rub - Sour Spice
Bud Rub - Sour Orange with a touch of cloves

36 Likes

Ohh nice line up.
That’s gonna make a real good assortment of smoke tests.

4 Likes

Those are freaking gorgeous!

3 Likes

I can’t wait to smoke them I have a few Orange Daisy, one GG4 x Super Silver Yo Mama, One OHGA @Jetdro in there also.

11 Likes