50States Random plant photos

Nope you are correct on the market, on today’s market.
Don’t subscribe to the nute theory thou.

2 Likes

If nutes were responsible for giving plants their smells instead of skunky it would’ve been pissy.
Thats what most the old timers used for ferts.

4 Likes

I used Alaskan Fish Fertilizer and I think everybody was back then because it was about the only thing available and it was good. As gross as that stuff was maybe it did influence the terps, lol. Man, it smelled bad.

I still wonder if it was only loud terps in general that we were smelling and nobody had anything to relate it to in those days. I mean, we were smoking nothing but brick back then and then went to fresh terpenes. So, I wonder if anything sinsemilla didn’t just get labeled skunk, because we called everything skunk weed if it was terpy.

The first time I had smoke that didn’t taste like that was Hawaiian in '78 in Hawaii. That blew my mind because it was so different and tasty.

So, sometimes I think it was just the fact that early sensi was all closely related and there were no other terp profiles on the market at that time. Once crossing started it all changed. who knows.

8 Likes

There may have been people who called any stinky sour smelling herb skunk but I will assure you there was weed that smelled just like a skunk sprayed the room. It did not taste like this thankfully but rather like sweet sour green bud , The smell was more associated with it when it was smoked, growing or you were trying to hide a bag in your pocket that would reak up the whole room.
The nutrient mix I mentioned before has to do with old-school compost tea brewing methods that would have resulted in the same thiols that are responsible for the skunk smell.
It has been shown that the plants can evolve to mimic the scent profiles of things around them over time.
On another note if I ever find a skunk spray line again I won’t be calling it that. Dave owns the name skunk in regards to cannabis and I wouldn’t want the attention finding a true skunk spray pheno would bring.
Most true cannabis fans would be sad at the thought of the skunk smell being truly gone for ever, Dave thinks it’s funny.
Listen to him on hash church he makes the comment ( real skunk got ran over and left on the road dead) he laughs as if he was driving the car and is super proud, oh wait he was and is smh.
What’s really disturbing is how many people worship the guy when he has done nothing but lie for personal gains , ruin the skunk line (if he ever had it) helped gw pharma build there Monopoly on the plant, helped phylos collect genetics to do what they and dave promised they wouldn’t.
He is the last person I would ever want any association with and I can’t understand why so many support him. Maybe there all part of it , maybe it’s a keep your enemies close situation but I doubt it. He hides his face , nobody ever questions him to his face. He may not have snitched on Nevil like everybody thought but he has done plenty to condone my avoidence.

11 Likes

Orange Goji week 6

26 Likes

Hey 50 :wave:
Those little bastards still doing damage in your garden?
Someone hook this brother up with a little spinosad! :bug: :gun:

8 Likes

Sincy is right its Apollo 13 Gorilla Arm Pheno x SSDD.

Really kind of reminiscent of GG4 sour smells when growing this one and the initial smoke also, but has changed in cure. This weed gives me the GD munchies and not trying to gain any weight bwahaha…

I just put 3 of those SS4s into flowering couple days ago… two a bit shorter and one that seems to be a lot stretchier than the others. Excited :slight_smile:

7 Likes

DRIP DRIP DRIP - nothing sticky to see here at all

3 Likes

First time checking this thread, late to the party. I’ve scanned and searched through here, but a year ago there was mention of a sensi star preservation run, has that happened? Did I miss one of my dream strains?

3 Likes

Me too brother @Seamonkey84! I love that shit. One of the top strains I am constantly seeking. I think @argo945 has some growing that is gorgeous!
Good luck and blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

5 Likes

If what my buddy got me was the real deal, I only had it once. Got me a eighth each of 5 different strains that came with names, extremely rare back then, 2002 I believe. I had read about it on the boards back then, and of course high times. Sensi star was the one bag out of them that really stood out to me (champagne and strawberry something were two of the other strains, don’t remeber others :sweat_smile:) and I’ve wanted it since but never wanted to order from overseas for seeds. Only other strain that hold my memory, though I never even tried it, was all the posts of BOGs bubble gum on the old overgrow, and I recently got his sour boggle so hopefully that wish has been fulfilled lol.

6 Likes

@Seamonkey84 I was on a serious sensi star seed hunt this summer. I found a few folks with uncrossed sensi star, but was reluctant to buy. However, I am very fortunate that I was able to secure 6 Bodhi Nibiru (Sensi Star x 88/Ghash-“deadly g”) seeds from twisted infinity. My plan is to hopefully f2 these in a preservation run soon. I want to find another strain to work with the Nibiru before I try to do the preservation run. The list of possibilities in my vault right now is too long ! Got some Sensi Star x Stardawg, and Sensi star x Long Valley Royal Kush from @OleReynard m/f could be reversed) - both would be interesting to work with the Nibiru. Mothers Milk, and a few others also would be really cool. I think something with a really loud nose might be good, since I think the Nibiru will be dominated by the ghash flavors. Sorry for the lengthy stoned morning post !

10 Likes

JOTI has sensi star, but what is their lineage? But what of the run @50State mentioned? Did that not happen yet or fail in the infestation I read about

4 Likes

Yeah, that was what I had considered buying. Seemed legit, but I couldnt find enough reports or grow logs. Reviews man, gotta have em ! Joti has been around forever, so Id imagine they are solid, but would like more info for sure. I think the “Vintage” Sensi Star that @bodhi used is different than Joti’s. Much in the way that he has a different bubba kush than other breeders. Not exactly pre 98, nor Katsu, although I think he has used both of those also. Im such a nerd

6 Likes

F4 status and I believe Mongo grew some or is currently

6 Likes

The Sensi Star f2 run hasn’t happened yet bugs and other reasons. The seeds themselves are from @OrganicGorilla he had 4 packs sold 3 but he said the guy that bought them couldn’t get them to germinate. Maybe I’ll have better luck with germ rates but maybe I get the same? I will try my best with them as soon as I can but I am very busy with @Techrepkim fixing houses, cars, and a move to a new shop.

22 Likes

Ah gotcha. Yea that sounds like you’ve got your plate full. Glad I didn’t miss it but bummer on the news of the other packs not working.

3 Likes

Sounds like you’re busy making progress in a positive way. Good on ya bro! I’m glad you’re well and being safe. One Love

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face::mask::chile:

8 Likes

@Sincy How did the Secret Chief x Orange Sunshine male work out in the end?

5 Likes

Look awsome​:clap::clap::clap::heart:

2 Likes