'93 Mexican All Star breeding projects

I helped break down a couple kilo’s of regular weed back in the day. They came wrapped in pink butcher paper looking stuff. They had branches along with the stems in them, lol. Stuffing Glad sandwich bags for awhile.

3 Likes

I’m at day 57 of flower. I think I am looking at 65 to 68 days on this run. The flower looks like crap but there are a ton of seeds, I would guess a couple thousand. I think nobody who grows this really wants to post their grow photos because it is a temperamental bitch and the plants are usually slightly embarrassing. The smoke is good though.

13 Likes

Yeah, I don’t call her “The Cartel Princess” for nothing. She is a temperamental little bitch that knows she is something special and demands to be treated that way. I would describe her as being hard to kill, but never happy.

I always hoped a stud male could cure her of that.

8 Likes

I harvested the Allstar yesterday. Also one seeded plant that will be Sunshine Daydream X Mexican Allstar. It is going to be a while before the seeds are separated. Once I have the seeds sorted I intend to do a giveaway thread of the f3s of the Mexican Allstar. There are tons and tons of seeds, likely thousands. They should be considered testers and will likely still have hermaphroditic traits but I want to send them out so that others can continue the work of trying to stabilize this line and make it easier to grow. Some pictures from harvest day, I feel like seed batches are more nutritionally demanding and I am always playing catch up by the time they are done:

19 Likes

Nice job man! Been cool following your project - old mexican genetics aren’t easy to come by and it’s cool you’ve been working/ preserving this for so long.

5 Likes

Nice work brudda! I’m currently running males and females of Mexican Red Hair Heirloom from Classic Seeds via Alter Ego. He bred them from bagseed in the late 1980s of Mexican brick, Narcohybrid stuff like this seems to be. I’ve run a million Mexicans but I might be the most excited for these as I miss that high from good brick. Definitely some kind of hybrid, with that sparkly head high and heavy comedown. I’m about 4 weeks away from getting pollen, so let me know if you’d like any and I’d love to give a few of these beans a shot if you end up with extra.

9 Likes

Hey @Som and @Motaco was curious if either of you had seen this happen, my cut of Motaco’s all star plant is starting to reveg outdoors and I noticed the pistils turning a deep pink color. I know it doesn’t add anything overall but I just thought it was cool looking. It never did this when initially vegged and flowered so I’m curious what may cause this.

Excuse the fuzzies, we have cottonwood trees here and it almost feels like it’s snowing at times when they drop seed.

10 Likes

I’ve never had that happen but I’ve never grown it outdoors. I’ve noticed that the plant looks different when grown under HPS vs LED so it stands to reason that it would also be different under natural sunlight.

4 Likes

That is new to me!

4 Likes

BTW deez, never got around to asking. How was the smoke? You enjoy it?

5 Likes

Yes! It was quite enjoyable definitely and evening smoke for me personally as it gives a pretty strong relaxed feeling with the droopy eyes kicking in pretty quick but a nice happy hang out smoke. Reminds me of weed we’d get back in high school actually as far as effect goes.

Smells are really great, with it cured a bit now it still has that nice fruity smell but a bit different, maybe a touch of pine. I keep thinking of a forest when I crumble it up now but maybe that’s just because that’s where we used to smoke out back in the day haha.

I’ll be growing it again outdoors this season so it’ll be nice to see any differences.

8 Likes

I think of it as a Christmasy smell. It isn’t exactly pine but it is in the same neighborhood.

6 Likes

You are so lucky to live in country like that!

2 Likes

I still have Motaco’s cut of this. Because it is sexually stable I am going to continue to use it in my out crossings of this line. It is a pain in the ass to grow, especially as a clone because it has no taproot. I am finding that this cut runs into nutritional deficiencies really easily but I know from past crosses that this issue will usually breed out when I out cross it. One of my Mexicans today:

My current grow is a preservation run of Peakseed BC’s Blueberry. A cut of the Mexican will also be in the room to make a Blueberry x Mexican cross.

Most of my photos and thoughts from this grow will go in the thread I have made for it but I wanted to put this here for posterities’ sake.

5 Likes