A Hindu and Some Milk Thats Too Spicy For Oregonians!

Yah, don’t use H2O2. My first tip to anyone with fungus gnats is to stop over-watering. Yes, really. If you are not over-watering then get your soil pots up and out of drip pans where they soak in runoff.

Fungus gnats eat decomposing organic material. There is only one way that can happen aerobically and that is with water and O2.

My second tip is to cover up where flying adults can get in and out like holes in your pots, the soil surface etc. Remember tip #1 so don’t mulch with straw as they love it. Mulch with sand or Gnat Nix

The second is to add BT to your water for a week or more. This is a naturally occurring bacteria and is only damaging to the bugs. (For me it is good to have around for the Fall outdoor bud worm war.) Really get it in there and get a good solid drench, but remember that if you have a lot of run off to make sure to drain it away and allow everything to dry out more than normal.

Use yellow sticky traps for airborne adults and the BT (Southern Ag Thurcide) and glass/diatoms can take care of the crawlers.

Good luck!

PS, if you buy “bagged soil” this is a common vector. DO NOT EVER buy soil that is uncovered outside or heavy (wet). You will learn to walk away from a heavy bag of hydro store soil but it took me a couple of lessons first.

7 Likes

Just want to add, that I’ll get a few going to see what’s up,the next time that I happen to come across them,
I’ll also bring the parent stock back out and do a selection,as their seems to be a little interest in a straight Sensi Star x Black Widow cross,man I dropped the ball on a serious trade a little while back,for some hehe,Candyland ! Any volunteers to give me a swift kick in the pants? Hehe maybe a grow diary could open that door back up?
PS apologies not trying to HJ your thread brother peace !
Mad Respect !

3 Likes

Hehe, thats a way to do it! Hey, you got another method of growing to play around with AND you take care of the nasties! Good plan, man!

2 Likes

Hey, FWIW, I am SUPER GRATEFUL I was able to get my hands on these! Now that you mention it, I have a vague recollection of reading someone’s journal saying that the seeds they were making had shown possible sensitivity to nutes! Thats crazy! Either way, its ALWAYS my fault how my plants turn out, but thanks for the sentiment!

3 Likes

No worries! My thread, your thread, ALL OF OUR THREAD…its about information sharing, brother! I never mind that!

3 Likes

You are awesome brother ! I am looking for them right now hehe sparked my interest !
Peace

3 Likes

So I am trying to get my harvests coming in fairly regularly and so I am playing with intervals for when I pop seeds/take cuts and how that relates to plants harvested. Well, I’d like to THINK I’ve got some scientific method stuff happening here but TRULY all Im doing is popping beans! I haven’t even been able to keep my Herijuana clones healthy and they are a pretty hearty bunch, least the momma was…

Here’s the newest new group of seedlings, some OREGON HUCKLEBERRY and some ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH both acquired from my Winter Box and added from the love of @Mongobongo

And a couple group shots of the newest

And here’s how the new, but not the newest new are doing!

Above was one of the Blueberry crosses I got from @cannabissequoia during his server auction and below is another from the VERY “worth it” purchase in also getting some of these Uzbeki Hashplant crosses. Look at the FAT three fingered leaf there!

The remaining OH’s and RMH’s are in Root Riot plugs and under the dome on a heating mat and with a dark towel draped over the dome to allow for the seeds to pop in the dark.

Hope EVERYONE feels the LOVE they need to be HAPPY!
:fist::sunglasses::call_me_hand:

4 Likes