A Shadey spot to paint

3 Likes

I think it came out really nicely man. Great job. You are very talented. :v:

4 Likes

Not finished yet got another 6 hours of corrections to go lol.

4 Likes

Got back at it today and finished it off I think. I know as I keep looking at it, I will find more corrections, but I signed it so its done lol. Not bad for a warm up, working large is always easier, 6 years ago I could have done this on an 8x12 with even more detail. Not exactly the same but close, I think I made him look younger lol. Still got the smiley red eyes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Just need a decent pic of it outside in natural light which will make it a bit better

Cheers for looking.

Next Up the daughters boyfriends doggy Zeus.

24 Likes

Nice job…
With more characters

4 Likes

GREAT WORK, you have talent!

3 Likes

Ya nailed it bro, Wonderful Job
You got talent

2 Likes

Anything else in the works Brother Shadey

1 Like

Yeah, maybe start a doggy portrait next week, suffering with some dental work atm. Got 10 stitches in my gums, face is all bruised up, been on a liquid diet since Monday. Can’t smoke, can hardly get any RSO in me to kill the pain, couldn’t sleep last night I was burning burning up so I may have an infection starting. Not in the mood for anything atm can’t concentrate for more than five minutes.

4 Likes

Dam , Feel Better Brother i had all my front teeth ground down a few yrs ago
I understand the pain
And it’s just a big pain in the ass too.

4 Likes

Thanks for the early morning belly laugh boys! Classic ! Sounds similar when around my homies back In Nebraska! Lol

5 Likes

We aim to please @Tinytuttle :v:

5 Likes

I’m thinking there needs to be a rack thread all for fun of course what ya think? It doesn’t exist does it?

5 Likes

I’ve not noticed one. I dunno if anyone other than @Ghandisflipflop could take the kind of abuse I give out for laughs though to be honest. Maybe the thread if ever created should have a warning and disclaimer that it’s all just jest :v:

6 Likes

Your probability correct in that assumption I’d think @toastyjakes could hang! LOL!

6 Likes

OK finally managed to get a good outside natural light pic and it has definitely improved the appearance.I know I said it was finished but I made about another 30 small corrections. The main thing that was bugging me was the right side of the face looking to wide, I thought it was just the eye pupils being in a different place but saw the crease under the eye extending over the cheek bone and down the cheek was to rounded so made that more angular which lifted the cheek bones up. brightened up some highlights on the eyes with pure white. One of the problems with transparent paints they meld together over a day as they dry out properly and lose vibrancy. You can see his blood shot eyes clearer now lol.

Now onto the next.

A cannabis pic. Going on a 12X16 canvas here is the reference pic. It will be just the bud and leaves in the fore ground. Going to be a challenge to get the right colours and vibrancy but worth a try.

24 Likes

Man you have a talent for sure, looks life like
Can not wait to see how you do the Bud. Are you planning to do it in steps and document it here?
Looking forward to seeing your work

4 Likes

Yep will do a walk through as I go.

3 Likes

Well started today, I hate doing the stencil part of the job, very laborious just cutting bits of paper out, but easier and less time consuming than drawing it all out first.

So first bit to get cut oput and sprayed in is the center bud.

First in white and then the colour on top. This is the same process all the way through this bit.

Then the outside leaves that have yellow veins and predominantly yellow leaves.

Then the pinky looking veined ones.

After all the leaves except a few to be put in freehand are done it looks like this.

Small leaves and lower buddage put in. Now its time to under paint the veins on the leaves and paint in the shadows and lines on the the top of the bud, once they are done I can start the fun bit :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Very Cool I am in to see the show
Looks fine so far Shadey

5 Likes