A Small Grow on the Big Island

The plants look great today. I am noticing some stretching out between the nodes. Am I on point with the current 25% light at 11 inches?
It has been dry for the last two weeks here, beautiful trade breezes blowing, 60% humidity. Absolutely stunning winter weather although I am sure there will be some rain before long.

Will this do as an entry level PH meter

amazon.com

APERA INSTRUMENTS AI209-T Value Series PH20 pH Tester Combo Kit, including the…

APERA INSTRUMENTS AI209-T Value Series PH20 pH Tester Combo Kit, including the Maintenance Set, and a CalPod Solution Holder for Easy Calibration: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

3 Likes

That pen has several recommendations on OG.

I can attest the Apera PC60 5 in 1 meter works great. Some have cautioned against multi probe meters so the 5 in 1 is not as well liked.

You should be set with that meter.

Great luck on the grow. Looking good.

4 Likes

The Apera’s are solid i’m rocking the one w/ the replaceable probe. Instructions say to calibrate weekly so make sure you load up on the calibration solution if you want to be extremely accurate. You can use the same solution 20x for the 7.0 5x for the 10.01ph and I forgot if it was 5x or 10x for the 4.0ph.

3 Likes

Aloha @TARpits,
It is cold, foggy and miserable here in Cape Cod today! I am officially jealous of your tradewinds and the warmth that goes with them!

You are indeed and I bet your little plants are loving it! PPFD? DLI? 18/6?

That’s the very same one I use, and you are getting the whole kit along with it.

Take good care of it, I’m on near three years with mine. I calibrate once before every grow. Start budgeting for an EC meter from the same company!

I bet your cistern water is around pH 7 and the FFOF soil has a buffering effect that moderates pH swings.

That spreadsheet timeline is an approximation and you may well finish up sooner than it suggests. You can update as things progress. Autos move fast, they’ll surprise you. Start thinking about how you’ll dry and cure…

6 Likes

This plant looks ready to be topped. Ultimately what I see is the pure beauty of gawds herb.

Mahalo again for all the encouragement and help.

t

4 Likes

Greetings @TARpits,

While those plants are vegging, Let’s take a look at the genetics of your WidowMaker seeds.

With his generous permission, we will rely on @repins12’s most excellent strain descriptions for each of the autoflowers he has bred. Gary is a gawd of prodigious harvests, generous to a fault and a pure soul if ever there was one.

So with due honors, I’ll quote liberally from his main thread:

I’m the Black Sheep of the Family’s Continuous Grow

Here’s a run down on the two parents of the WidowMaker seeds. It’s worth studying as your little plants emerge.

======================
“Widow Maker”

White Widow x AK

Reversed White Widow

Auto White Widow | Linda Seeds

The cannabis plants of these cannabis seeds are direct descendants of the great White Widow variety. Easy to grow and effective to enjoy. In the flowering phase, this Indica classic and Cannabis Ruderalis cross produces large, firm buds that develop a distinct aroma as they grow.

The Auto White Widow Strain - clear design and high yield

Within ten to twelve weeks, the strain will germinate into a plant ready for harvesting, which can reach a medium height (about 150cm) and will be rewarded with a large harvest.

The buds will be covered with almost excessive resin and will generate a clear, even effect when used. The high leads to physical relaxation as well as in beautiful harmony the mind knows how to captivate.

With THC values of up to 20% and a slightly higher than regular CBD content, the Autoflowering variety can also be used for therapeutic purposes. Under ideal conditions, yields of up to 250 grams per plant (600W/m²) can be expected.

Lots of THC (THC 15-20%), lots of yield (250g/plant), lots of cannabis plant (150cm), lots of free time !!

Flowering Time 10 - 12 weeks

Height tall

Indica/Sativa mostly indica

Yield extra large

THC Level 15 - 20 %

Genetics White Widow x Ruderalis

==========================
Auto AK | Linda Seeds

The very productive Auto AK cannabis seeds are not inferior to their feminized counterparts. The Linda Seeds Auto AK Strain is a cross between the legendary AK-47 and a Lowryder, which after germination from the AK cannabis seeds reaches full maturity within eight to ten weeks.

This means that this cannabis variety, which is mostly Indica bred, naturally contains Mexican Cannabis Ruderalis genes. Nevertheless, the Indica characteristics predominate in the Auto AK cannabis plant. After the relatively high yield (approx. 100g) of the not very tall growing plants (approx. 80cm), the Indica characteristics can be found, among other things, in the fruity lemon aroma.

The effectiveness of the original AK-47 is retained, which is why the seed is particularly popular with grow beginners. Beginners should also be careful with the harvest, the grass has bang! The Auto AK cannabis seeds are available in almost unlimited quantities and invite even avowed outdoor growers to try them out due to their high practical suitability.

Flowering Time 8 - 10 weeks

Height medium

Indica/Sativa indica/sativa

Yield extra large

THC Level 15 - 20 %

Genetics: AK 47 x Lowryder

And here are some pics of the Widow Maker (march 1, 20220

This one is grown in hydro, yours prolly won’t get this big. (April 16, 2022)"

[Hope you’re feeling better Gary!!!]

5 Likes

Thanks for asking, my brother. Still a little ruff but, at least I’m not still in the wheelchair :man_shrugging:t4: :man_facepalming:t4:

5 Likes

Always welcome here my friend. @tarpits is lovin your children!

-Grouchy

3 Likes

I’m glad that they are doing so well for everyone. I’ve got a run going now with 6 of my newest Man Bear Alien Pig crosses. Probably a few more weeks to finish up

4 Likes

Hey Gary, Do you have any of the WidowMaker seeds left?

Just curious, your incredible seed-gifting is constant and I’ve always wondered if you try to keep at least a few of every seed you have created?

3 Likes

Mbapbf 35 days

she’s a beast and is just starting to really stretch! Thanks @repins12 the Widowmaker sounds amazing I tried growing it but kept killing the seedlings :disappointed_relieved:. Glad some are able to not drown poor little guys.:rofl: Killer genetics!
She’s the big bitch in the front 2.5 gal airpot.

4 Likes

I think that I still have quite a few of them left. My rule is I fill up a vial (holds 60-100 seeds depending on size) for myself, start 1 or 2 for a quick run and the rest is for giveaway. These are the containers I use. Each one holds 100 vials

I have 8 that are full now, 800 strains only bought 10 containers. I’m a strainaholic not a seedaholic :wink:
Some of my crosses never get released because I don’t have a full vial full

8 Likes

Outmotherfuckingstanding :+1:t4: :clap:t4: :v:t4:

4 Likes

“OMFS” yourself, you old Cootie! You have a library of modern cannabis! How did you get so insanely organized? That’s an awe inspiring stack of heinous weed seed Gary!

Pls, set aside one vial of WidowMaker for future readers of this thread who are dying to grow their own!

YOU are one outstanding fellow Gary. Jus Sayin.

–It’s a Prepper thang aint it? :+1:

OverGrowin The World

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words my friend. You ought to see my seed list. I’ve got the stain, where I got it from and any other pertinent information.
I don’t plan on ever running outta weed to grow. Probably never get to everything I have but, is that going to stop me from acquiring more strains, not a friggin chance :wink:
Do you need anymore? I can check the White Widow crosses that I have left :+1:t4:
I’m a prepper from way back :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Drop by anytime Gary, your children are in loving homes here.
-Grouchy

2 Likes

One of my other buddies that grows for dis-abled vets, had my Charolett’s Yesterdream tested and It came back at 29 and some change for THC. Not too shabby for an auto.

4 Likes

The baby is looking healthy

3 Likes

Thanks for stopping in. So far the WidowMaker’s are doing stellar. They really seem to fit in here on Big Island, not so dense as to restrict air flow. Gotta be great kicking that chair to the curb! And as @GrouchyOldMan says, I am definitely lovin these kids.

Please drop in as often as you can, more content will be added daily. Hoping to catch up with where the grow is by harvest time.

with gratitude @TARpits

3 Likes

Well the rain is back, not cold but a gray day here. Morning view of the girls looks great. No change in height from yesterday. Could they be settling gathering energy for the next stretch?

Sadly back to a 3 hour time difference with the girls and grand girls and now 6 hours for us. Once again thank you for walking with me as I find my way in Overgrow.

The leaves seem a bit curled as of late yesterday evening, I am a concerned and protective Poppa.

6 Likes