Acro's Farm Adventures

:heart_eyes: you’re the first other person I’ve ever known to grow it! Yes, I’m lucky here, corn is really not a good crop for the Seattle area, so there’ll hardly even be a neighborhood garden with it. Still technically a risk, but since this is only for fun I don’t sweat it. Hit me up if you want some crossed seeds. @Acro too, 'cause thanks for the thread! I have some I made that I’m ditching because they crossed with the pretty striped Japanese corn. It’ll be fall before I have the other cross made again.

3 Likes

@Magu @RainToday Thanks for joining in and for the kind words :v:

2 Likes

Random Freaky Purple Widow pic…

New home for the Kratky clone. I’m impressed since this was rough looking before I even attempted to root it.

5 Likes

Donny burger #10 coming up on 3 weeks in flower

7 Likes

Donny Burger #10 (left) and cereal milk S1. This is not the cookies cereal milk, it’s the limited trees version. I let both get too tall before flowering, so this won’t be the prettiest run, but it’s more for testing than anything. I seem to have pissed off the pistols last week with an ipm spray on the cereal milk, but it doesn’t seem to be slowing her down much.

4 weeks into flower in these

7 Likes

Roots showing on the backups, time to flower BBM x VB again. She’s a fun plant and was revegged after making some beans outdoors.

6 Likes

Here’s that BBM x VB last month after the outdoor seed run and starting her reveg… She’s come a long way

5 Likes

Cereal milk is so far ahead of donny burger and BBM despite being flipped at the same time. It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds

8 Likes

They’re changing by the day at this stage. yes, they’re getting blasted with light and really crammed in. This is a testing run that I hope yields some nice smoke for me.

I’ve never smoked or grown the GSC thin mint cut. The genetics are Thicc Mint x Strawberry lemonade (strawberry lemonade is strawberry cough x ?), which I think is them just not wanting to get sued and it’s the GSC thin mint, maybe a hybrid of it? I’ve taken about 60 of these to teens. I’ve found their structure and appearance to be quite nice and uniform and their smells are often fruit loops or fruity pebbles, some with a creaminess, some with more funk, skunk, some just straight fruity pebbles milk. In mid to late veg it starts showing up.

This plant just shined outdoors while her sisters struggled or kept pace with one another. I popped 12, looked further at 5, flowered 4, All of them have been good, but not great with molds. This one grows like and looks a lot like the others, but she’s faster and bigger and the lower mild resistant yet. I can’t even decide if she’s more fruity, sweet, savory, or gassy but she doesn’t smell of cereal milk or fruit loops, that’s for sure. The fruit mix tic tacs popped into my head while trying to nail it down, but that’s not quite it.

Donny Burger right next to her isn’t helping matters with getting aromas nailed down. While the buds are way behind on Donny #10, she’s throwing off an array of savory smells.

11 Likes

Super Bowl Sunday was made for tincture :joy:

8 Likes

Cereal milk S1 right around 50 days It’s more rice crispy treat than fruity pebbles/fruit loops, which is what my previous keeper was. And more tincture

7 Likes

Cereal milk S1 coming down soon. She’s had a rough life and has really sparse and fine stigmas. I won’t be keeping her so I’ll be dipping back into those beans at some point.

Some Kratky style blueberry muffin

9 Likes

Hey @Acro . What nutrients do you use in that kratky?

2 Likes

Typically Jacks or Megacrop two part these days.

2 Likes

Macdaddy Kratky starting to take off and some clones that did well for just being jammed in a cup of water

8 Likes

So Franco’s SLH has been a joy to grow and stress test. What a plant! She took rooting champ and is back to being big and bold… Honorable mention to that one Original Diesel picket on the left side of the tray, and Z rooted well despite being some sad and abused looking snips. Not bad for a few old girls!

In the third photo it’s OD on the left, SLH back right, Blueberry foreground

8 Likes

Cereal milk is no more and came down yesterday. Donny Burger got chopped early due to a variety of issues.

10 Likes

Going to do a little comparison between some Kratky and coco clones… here’s some of the candidates.

7 Likes

Popped some bag seed of Cherry Pie x Gelato 41. I got 5 seeds from an ounce. Greenhouse grown poorly and harsh, but huge nugs, good smell and taste, and great high. There’s a longer story here that I’ll fill in later…

4 Likes

Two days later… Story cliff’s notes, mom was like PED’s for concentration, video games and sports… Hence the prelim name. Red Rocket and Cherry Rocket was another consideration :joy:

5 Likes