Acro's Farm Adventures

2 Likes

Now, now, you didn’t have to personally attack me like that :joy::rofl:

Great update though. I love it.

2 Likes

Thanks my friend, so much more to update!

A couple big ones I forgot…

Blueberry Autos: I’m doing a one pot repopulation of the 9 beans I had left from @Alaskagrown. Three of the four best plants are girls, none of the boys have shown, it’s super odd, but this has been the case a few times with the beans from those males. Z x BBA the boys were runts and late. I think one of the big ones will be a boy, but we’ll see.

Cereal Milk S1: After toms of plants and years of hunting I believe I’ve found two S1 to cross and self to see what we get. One is very savory and funky with some glue, the other is a fruit loops type.

Leet (and others!), since you slammed something I did a while back, I know you’ll be honest :joy: Thoughts? They’re all quick mockups.

8 Likes

The last one is a little modern than I’d like

But it seems like the one that jumped out the most at me

2 Likes

14 days from paper towels, these were in inhospitable conditions until a day after this pic was taken. They’ve been in a humidity controlled environment getting some sprays the last couple days, they should be looking good next update :crossed_fingers:

This is better than expected, I thought I’d lose all the BBM x (BBM x VB) but I have at least 4 solid/resilient plants to look at. These survived me soaking them way too long and they were really tiny and/or underdeveloped seeds, so not worried about the size.

All that said… The surviving Z BX fast x PBB are really putting the others to shame for now, and they’re fems, despite the PBB being from regs.

The BBA X More Cow Bell is working out the kinks of being the hardest to crack seeds I’ve come across single the last time I tried to germinate these seeds a few years ago :unamused: I had to crack all but one after a 3 day soak and paper towels, then more paper towels. Considering all that, I’m impressed.

I was really happy with MCB and all the crosses when I ran them years ago, but never flowered any, only germ tested and took a gander at a couple months of veg. There should be some really nice plants in there! But, getting the sense they share some of the finicky nature of those old blueberry genetics. They don’t like being overwatered. I get the sense they don’t like higher nutes either, but we’ll see.

6 Likes

It’s weird, I have 9 girls that were pulled from auto regs that will be part of my breeding, only one boy is bring considered. It’s Z x BBA, smells great, great colors, was a runt, but not as runty as his brother…

There were no signs of blueberry weirdness except that thing, he’s being removed from duty. In fact, just about everything I run with that blueberry boy churns out big strong girls, and lately, some runty boys that flower late. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Ok I think I’m in the right place? But I’m along for the ride !

4 Likes

You are, welcome, lots happening. You’ll be seeing lots of auto stuff of late, but photo love come soon. Just reversed some elites, will likely be hitting papaya and stawguava with one or more of original diesel, blueberry, z cake, SLH, and a few others is all goes well.

I rarely do fems, so yours catching me at a weird time.:v::joy:

3 Likes

The experimental stuff is the fun stuff, I used to have a torture tent where I would literally just blast the plants which whatever ridiculous thing I could read about and see the effects.

Also do you do a lot of washing or are these more for the flower side?

4 Likes

I need that lmao

2 Likes

Enjoying your work a lot @Acro
Thanks for sharing it.

2 Likes

I have two of them now :joy:

I got a little press and some dab and vape stuff to play with which led to me seeking out some hash specific genetics. I am a total noob when it comes to hash, but I’m going to try breeding plants specifically for it anyway :man_shrugging::crazy_face: I think I’ve got a good handle on most of it, but I’ll need some help with what I’m ideally looking for trichome wise.

3 Likes

Here’s a little snippet I just sent to someone growing some of my blueberry auto regulars selection outdoors. Which is cool, because I just recently sent some battered stunted girls outside be pollinated by the happily thriving progeny (jammy dodgers 2 x blueberry) that share papas with them and they’ve bounced back really well despite less than stellar weather. All indications are they’ll do great outdoors!

I’ve got multiple BB progeny that I crossed to other strains and now have multiple boys hitting a few selected girls for a BX of sorts. I 100% love sorting through all the wild possibilities of the blueberry repopulation stock I’ve done and, but outcrossing the best of them have elicited generally better and more consistent plants. I’ve also kept variety in the straight blueberry stock, using at least a few boys or girls in most cases. They’re probably f10 plus in some cases, with no signs of being bottlenecked.

I have a couple favorite types I’ve come across. One that’s primarily a sweet curry aroma with skunky berry notes, thai basil and fried food kinda vibe. Beyond the skunk, they taste like dole fruit cocktail cherries and clog the hell out of a joint, there was one I simply couldn’t smoke without getting resin on my teeth and lips from a cone. They grow in a more bush like shape, and are rocketships, often outgrowing the more Christmas tree like plants by many magnitudes.

There are also some lanky lime green plants that smell like blueberry cotton candy, booberry, and little else, leaning more confectionary sugar than anything. They were both used as moms with a few dads, and the sweet curry has carried over to some of the offspring. What I can most happily report, even if you don’t get the smells you’re after, they’re often quite resinous and have a very happy and motivating high. No clue how they test, but my joint test says an entire joint hits me hard for a bit, then I spring forth and conquer.

I hope you get a girl, and I hope you enjoy growing them. Here’s one I stress tested brutally then dumped outside to be pollinated, 2/3 girls are purple, roughly half of their progeny seem to end up purple, but it’s definely cold weather enhanced in some.

What I’m most excited about are the Z x BBA autos and the repopulation of straight blueberry I’m doing. I only had 9 beans leftover from when @Alaskagrown sent me a boatload years back. Of the 9 I’ve culled two, 7 remaining, 5 girls, one spectacular, one great, two very nice potential, and one mutanty runt. I’ve now grown obscene amounts of blueberry plants and gotten close and intimate with well over 100. If you count clones, well over 200, and one boy had one girl are among the best I’ve seen.

8 Likes

2 Acro freak berry seedlings.

7 Likes

I’m guessing those are Freaky Blue Widow, aka Blue Widow Freak, aka Blueberry Popgun :crazy_face::joy:

Thanks for getting them wet!

3 Likes

Yeah. As sloppy as I write with a sharpie I almost filled out the FULL name. But I am excited about these. To make the rush to the top list is nice. Outdoors. And homemade. It caught me to pop NOW.

4 Likes

You’ve got me wanting to pop some for the outdoor season!

I suppose I should find a befitting boy to the stellar variegated beaded of a girl I found indoors over the winter. It’s my favorite plant currently, and snips I tossed outside are a month ago are rooted and about to take off. They barely degraded, while all of the elites I sent out at the same time are dead or sad looking. Blueberry started flowering from the short days but is now growing and rooting with some autumn colors, SLH is barely hanging on, but the Blue Popgun is looking freah and ready to explode. So, indications that they’re at least happy rooting and growing well in less than ideal conditions.

5 Likes

Sooo much happening, let’s make this an info and photo dump

• all are autos and pollinated with selected Jammy Dodgers x Blueberry Sativa.

• girls include pink panama x strawberry nuggets, jammy Dodgers 2 x blueberry Sativa, blueberry Sativa, and amnesia x blueberry Sativa. The second one (and a couple other pics) is is the amnesia x blueberry and also the reversed lower bud pictured.

• SLH Franco has loads of boy flowers, as does Original Diesel, and Mac Daddy. Blueberry and Z Cake both suddenly died in the process around 20 days. I’ll try again with blueberry starting this week. All but the blueberry and original diesel are in kratky.

• After a lot of consideration, I’ve landed on Zibba (Z x Blueberry Sativa) as my primary fem donor for this auto run. I had several to examine, I ended up with 4 great girls from that, beautiful structure, expressing a lot of what looks like a tamed and beautiful blueberry plant. They all smell great, none of them like you’d think. They’re kinda mild chem and gas with underlying perfume notes

• Bananas Purple Punch, Livers BX1, Amnesia Haze were the next three considerations. The amnesia haze has one incredible plant, two nearly as good, a and two smaller but nice plants.The BPP, one crazy resinous and gorgeous plant, smells like Funyuns, aka B2, simply didn’t reverse and is furthest into flower besides the marathon OG. Unlike marathon OG, it’s not fading, it’s stacking and growing slowly.

• Marathon OG - My second go round with this one… Really fast, really OG like and the F5 brought out some fun leaves that are not OG like at all. They’re frosty as hell, potent, and have an easy to grow OG structure. The three of them smell like different versions of OG. One of them smells like a loud gelato/og type, the other loud OG, one is more subtle. In typical OG fashion, they’re starting to eat their leaves. Doing so while other plate are still early and mid flower. But, the yields are low. Great for for fill in plants if you want fast OG headstash and eye candy, and don’t mind smaller yields. Did I just describe every OG? I have a few outcrosses to look at, I think that’s where she’ll really shine.

More to come… Any questions? :joy:

7 Likes

I am blown away by how you can get them to root in just a cup of water. Do you control the temperature when you root? What about light intensity? :rainbow:

2 Likes

No, and no… I don’t even change the water, just top off. I just went 48 for 48 rooting auto clones, so maybe I have magic tap water :joy:

3 Likes