Afghaniganza! NOW Black Afghani, Cherry Queen, Black Leb and Blue Hemp Leb

Black Afghani pheno #3 (female)
The top on this lady freshly bent sideways (2 days ago)allowing the rest to quickly fill empty spaces and to have a good stretch while growing a very nice open environment within the corn, Plenty of sunshine for this gal

6 Likes

Theyā€™re just fems, not autos. Some of the ones @Sunvalley is growing has some LowDak in it. I canā€™t remember everything I sent him, but Iā€™m pretty sure I gave him some LowDak x Cherry Queen F2s from a mother I called ā€œMiss Goliathā€.

9 Likes

Dont have any of em running bruvā€¦ dont think they got to our shores :thinking:

2 Likes

Ah ok. I couldnā€™t rememberā€¦ I donā€™t write things down, so itā€™s all just a blur to me. :joy:

4 Likes

Black Affie, pheno #4 soaking up some sunshine.
Stem rub reveals a bitter sourness. Loud. Like a bitter lime or lemon without the fruityness.
Phenos 1 and 4 smell almost identical.
Pheno 1 grew an additional 1/2 foot in 3 days. She may possibly be getting her preflower stretch on.
A 60 day flower period will put in the 1st week of Oct. at least.
Same plant shape profile as pheno 1. Large solar leaves and getting taller and wider daily.
This strain has been a breeze to grow so far. All are deep green with no ailments. Doesnt seem fussy at all. Great outdoor strain so far.

8 Likes

pheo 4 under different light filter.

6 Likes

Youā€™re probably smelling the black afghan come out in that cross. I always it had a sourness and fuelyness to it, and later maybe a bit of berry smell in cure. Itā€™s a really awesome smelling strain.

8 Likes

Yea? cool. Pheno 4 is almost identical to pheno 1, only smaller in stature. The other 2 have been tied over so theyā€™re a different profile. Solar leaf shape is similar for all 4.
Whats the preflower stretch like these @lefthandseeds ? Do they like to stretch out first or they tend to stay compact?
Pheno 1 has grown 1/2 foot in a few days. Its obvious to me its grown a fair bit. Either its just digging life right now, or its getting ready to flower.
Theres a few pistils on it.
Every node has that typical single calyx/pistil in the crotch, but I dont see an indication its starting to flower yet. Days are getting shorter already Ive noticed. Dawn was 5 am a month ago. Now its 6 am dawn here.
A 60 day flower cycle puts me 1st week of Oct finish at least. Most everything will be in flower in the next 3 weeks here Im hoping. Freezeland hybrids are flowering already but they got a quick trigger to them.

7 Likes

Some of them blow up huge. LD/CQ mostly had phenos that got to be very big plants. Not all of them, but at least half. I think that was the male on your plants for both as I remember. Iā€™m not sure if I also sent you CQ F2s, but those I wouldnā€™t expect to get especially big if I did.

7 Likes

They are CQxCQ, as best I can rememeber. (Tho they may be a CQ hybrid that was back-crossed to th CQ?)
You had them marked ā€œyellowā€ i Believe? Id have to go thru bean stash to confirm. You sent ā€œblackā€ and ā€œyellowā€ going by memoryā€¦
Ill take a look and see for sure.
At least CQ pheno 1 is rounded-ball shape. Ive manipulated the others by L.S.T. techniques.

3 Likes

This will make @Olbrannon pretty happy. :stuck_out_tongue:

First grow in my ebb and flow system is gonna be the Black Leb/Afghan. I have two Black Leb phenos here, and I couldnā€™t decide which to growā€¦ so Iā€™m gonna grow them both and propagate it Leb style by keeping both a sativa and indica expression in the line.

Black Leb #1 mother is the more indica-structured expression (apical dominant), and the BL/BA hybrid from this has been grown by @Olbrannon.

Black Leb #3 is the more branchy sativa-structured expression, and the BL/BA hybrid from this mom has been grown by @Leaf.

Their positive reports and great results left me feeling like I had to dig in and see for myself. Time to make some F2s!

:bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side: THIS AFGHANIGANZA TRAIN HAS NO BRAKES :bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side::bullettrain_side:

17 Likes

Woohoo! Gotta chair for this for sure. :eyes: :checkered_flag:

2 Likes

I seem to remember having a couple sets of twins from germinating those.

2 Likes

Let me settle in here with my popcorn and Mike and ikeā€¦im going to have to give you a shout sometime for some of your genetics bud

Yea that sounds familiar to me too. Iā€™ll keep an eye out. Iā€™ve never successfully kept both twins from a seed.

:stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™ve been off on a sativa bender for a while now. Now that I have a pretty good stash, Iā€™m checking back in for some indicas. This one has been on my mind since I made the hybrid last year. I really love the Black Afghan, and the Black Leb is very unique as well. I have a few more indica tricks up my sleeve for later.

Iā€™ll probably pass it out more broadly after Iā€™ve inbred it a few times. The Black Afghani is probably the best Afghan Iā€™ve ever smokedā€¦ but also some females in the line tended to bust out nuts late in flowering (usually only causing a chop about 1 week early). I used a Black Afghan male, because the Black Leb is a fem-only strainā€¦ so I want to spend some time inbreeding it so I have confidence that it wonā€™t come up.

Anyway, word on the street is that these produce some pretty funky herb. Black Afghan is powerful, fuel, sour, berries and bread/crackers. Black Leb is more pineapple and hash. @Olbrannon @Leaf both gave some pretty complex descriptions of how theirs smelled.

13 Likes

Thats freaking awesome man. Once I either have more room or once texas legalizes and then I can really have "more room":joy: Iā€™d really like to try my hand at some breeding. Iā€™m still a noob but plants have always been my thing so. Theres so much to learn when it comes to that side of it so baby steps lol

4 Likes

I think itā€™s great fun. It obviously causes you to have to be more involved, but if youā€™re already on a weed forum, youā€™re pretty involved in your hobby lol.

Read a beginner book or two to get yourself oriented to the genetics aspect, and then just start pollen chucking and taking notes. After a while, you just kinda develop your own ā€œthingā€ based on the kinds of stuff you like, or strains youā€™ve found that left an impression on you.

I think a lot of people psych themselves out thinking itā€™s harder than it is. Mostly, you wonā€™t run into problems as long as you donā€™t get deep into crossing polyhybrids that havenā€™t been inbred at all. The smaller the number of plants you can grow, the more stable and consistent you want your parents to be. So start stocking up on IBLs, or at least F4+ inbred strains, or landraces to use and itā€™ll just make your life a lot easier.

Or start with an F1 strain and inbreed it for a while. Thereā€™s probably no better way to make a hybrid than to spend several generations getting to know the parents. Just takes time, and we all have a billion options and a gnats attention these days. :joy:

13 Likes

Lol yeah my biggest problem is definitely staying focusedā€¦or not so much focused but rather I get excited about new things I want to try and then that triggers the impatience lol. It would be a blast though and like you said with breeding you can truly tailor a strain for what you really like and want. Iā€™ll definitely get some reading material and atleast familiarize myself with terminology and all that good stuff. Other than that it really is. Space issue especially in a illegal state it just makes ot a lot harder to have extra space because lets be real about it you want those females and a nice yield. With more space you can sacrifice a little bit of square footage for some side projects. Who knows we might come up with the next big thing

5 Likes

Lol 99% of us are like right there with you. And thereā€™s value in exploration too. Trying to match a strain to your taste is as much an art as anything. To do that, you gotta really know what you like and that just takes growing a lot of different things. I grow a lot of landraces, because theyā€™re the building blocks of all modern hybrids. I tend to like simple hybrids like a lot of the classics, so I think it helps to understand what their parents are like. So itā€™s a huge advantage to be able to just go and try all this stuff.

But then other times, youā€™ve gotta just hunker down and grow just one thing and really try to do it justice. I put myself in ā€œstrain jailā€ sometimes because I just need to focus. Making one really great thing is better than a bunch of mediocre ones, and youā€™ve gotta just get yourself in that quality over quantity mindset.

Thatā€™s how I approach it anyway. Although I have to admit that I had to turn in my strainaholics anonymous chip today. Ace had a limited release of a strain from Green Mountain Seeds Iā€™ve been waiting for restock on for a long timeā€¦ Somebody always doesā€¦ :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Very well said my manā€¦and see thats what I love about landraces tooā€¦without em we would t have near the varieties we do or arguably ANY of them because lime you said they are the building blocks. And see yield is great but what good is high yield if youre stepping up with kids? I already aim for quality over quanityā€¦bith would be nice but im all about the quality. Hope you donā€™t mind but Iā€™ll probably pick your brain from time to time especially once I nut up and jump into some breeding

6 Likes