Afghaniganza! NOW Black Afghani, Cherry Queen, Black Leb and Blue Hemp Leb

there seeds on the top , right?

Those were pollen sacs. I reversed the Daku with STS to make hybrids. Now, I’m growing the hybrids from that: Black Domina x Daku and Afghani Lowland x Daku. You can see them in my latest post.

3 Likes

Well this is not a happy report. One of my Cherry Queens has tossed out some stamen (nanners). I’ve only seen ~5 total on the plant, but I’m considering killing it.

If it weren’t such a nice specimen otherwise, I wouldn’t care. Such wasted potential… :expressionless:

14 Likes

Bummer…:slightly_frowning_face:. I think one of my Mr nice… shit plants is either hermi…or slipped back into veg…:man_facepalming:t5:

2 Likes

Blue Hemp Lebanese

Black Lebanon

Black Afghani

Cherry Queen

All of these are getting so interesting. The black afghani has a sour/fuel smell to it. I’m really digging it, and hoping that one of these ladies puts on some weight.

The black lebs are both awesome in different regards. One has these beautiful golf ball sized nugs everywhere. The other is really pumping the frost.

The blue lebs aren’t looking to be huge yielders, but they’re pretty resinous… One dripped a thick sap-like substance when I cut a fan leaf off. More airy buds, but a pretty sour/tart smell to them as well.

16 Likes

Daku Crosses

Lowland x Daku

Black Domina x Daku

Supercropped the lowland crosses to bring them back to even canopy with the black domina crosses. Nothing but easy-growin’ so far. Main differences are increased height on the lowlands and now we can start to see more pronounced branching as compared to the dominas.

16 Likes

Wow your skill really shows with those uniform daku crosses

7 Likes

:joy: Well I’m grateful for your feedback, but in this case, I have to give credit to the original breeders. It’s much easier to get a stable 1st gen cross when you start from two stable lines. In this case, because I used Dakini (Centennial Seeds) with Black Domina (old and pretty stable by now) and the Lowland Afghani (landrace), I don’t expect a huge number of phenos.

I have great respect for Ben at Centennial Seeds, and I know he puts a lot of work into his strains. Also, I have to give a shout-out to the folks at nuglab for the Lowland. Was really happy with the plants that went into these crosses, and hopefully I’ll be inspired by the results of these crosses!

15 Likes

Loving how those black Afghans are looking

4 Likes

I’m loving the black lebs

3 Likes

Yeah, I really love the smell coming off of them. I just hope to see them bulk up a bit… The one in the picture is definitely better than the other one I have. If it puts on some weight, I think it’s going to be a solid pheno.

Both of the lebs are very appealing! One of them is super frosty, but with a looser bud structure. The other one has really nice nugs that will be really easy to trim and will have awesome bag appeal.

I think if I decide to line breed anything from the seeds coming off of the black lebs, I’m going to use both and try to stabilize from the best of each.

4 Likes

Black Afghani

Speaking of the Black Afghani, I took a peek at one of the leaves on the main cola and found a surprise… fan leaf nugs! :tada:

21 Likes

Deep Chunk x DK

1 week later…

A buddy of mine is growing out the Deep Chunk x DKs I made earlier in the thread. He’s just finished vegging them, and they’re about to go to flower.

16 Likes

27 Likes

Cool! One badass looking mofo there too :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Afghanis

Lebanese

Seeds are browning up on the Blue Hemp Lebanese. As soon as the seeds are ready, these plants are getting chopped.

I already have a favorite in the Afghani category. One of the black afghanis is looking pretty nice. It’ll make some nice keeper seeds.

On the fence about the cherry queens right now… One hermed slightly, so I won’t be keeping seeds from it. The other isn’t yielding very well and looks a little leafy for my taste. They do have a nice smell to them, and are more terpy than your average Afghani. One day, I’ll go back through my pack and try to find a keeper… or maybe one of the males I used will turn out some good crosses.

21 Likes

DK Crosses

These things are getting pretty yuuuge. I hope they’re done stretching… Just starting to form buds. Almost pollination time.

23 Likes

Blue Hemp Lebanese #1

Harvest day for this one. Way overdue at this point, approaching 60 days, when it was probably done about 2 weeks ago. Needed to wait for the seeds to mature though.

Virtually no lateral branching, sativa characteristics, somewhat tall with a single main cola. Very compact, but on its own is a pretty low yield. Not great for plant limits…

The most fascinating thing about this old school landrace Lebanese is that I found sap at the base of many of the fan/sugar leaves. As you can see in the picture, it’s a sticky clear substance. I tasted it and it’s sweet! Maybe I’ll collect it up and put it in my covfefe.

I still have another one of these to chop. With this one, I made about 20 more blue hemp leb seeds (incross). I also made a hybrid with cherry queen (outcross) and got about 10 viable seeds from that.

18 Likes

Black Lebanon

At least one of these is getting chopped this weekend! The one with the golf ball nugs is ready. Seeds look mature enough. The extra frosty pheno (last pic) could use some more time though.

24 Likes

Love those shots, man. Great job.

4 Likes