Afghaniganza Part 4: Gahn baby gahn

I would take you up on that!

I’ll probably offer up some pollen here too from this run.

7 Likes

Woohoo! love watching your threads man. Pulling up a chair . Puffin on some BLxBA as I type! :slight_smile:

1 Like

So far so good with the new treepot system. A few look like they could use a little more humidity, but for the most part they’re doing ok. I picked up one more straggler (up to 17/20 germination) that was slow to germinate and also saw 2 taproots. In the humidity dome now.

@Olbrannon See the double sprout front and center? Both the doubles I found came from the same mother as the seeds I sent you.

27 Likes

yup…sure as shit…lol

5 Likes

#5 was branchy. Many/most of them were apical. Been looking forward to this awhile. Definitely not your usual cookie cross

5 Likes

Whelp a while back, I went to the hydro store. They were clearing out these big jugs of Plagron for $10. I figured what the hell and grabbed a few of them. Turns out they were formulated for soil. SUCK

Potassium nitrate, MKP, Ammonium nitrate, phosphoric acid… garden variety salt nutrients. We can make this work. A pinch of this and a dash of that, and presto chango, fingers crossed it’ll work in hydro.

So here’s what I’m gonna try -

Fertilizer Amount(g)
Calcium Nitrate 20
Epsom 20
Plagron 120 (mL)
TM-7 4
MKP 5
Potassium Sulfate 8
Element ppm
N (NO3-) 127
N (NH4+) 18.5
K 205.5
P 44
Mg 52.5
Ca 107.5
S 105
Fe 1.3
Zn 0.74
B 0.4
Cu 0.44
Mo 0.11
Mn 1.3

There we go… looks like something a plant would want to dip its roots in.

10 Likes

I think things are going ok for my maiden voyage in the treepot system. Hosed them down with TM-7 (brown foliar liquid). Week 1 is done, solid growth already heading into week 2. :v:

16 Likes

Thread title cracked me up. Gahn baby!

4 Likes

No more messin’ around. I finally put up the 4x8 tent I bought myself for my birthday 4 months ago. I’ve always gone with the cheapo tents, but I wanted as much vertical space as possible. So this time I was searching for the tallest tent I could buy. Found this Gorilla Lite that you can add a 1ft vertical expansion for. I didn’t quite have the vertical space for it, but I do have a reciprocating saw. Had to lose about 2" on the extension poles, but now it fits like a glove!

Reaffirmed my manhood today as well. I put the whole thing together without looking at the instructions. Got it all zipped up and noticed that the crossbars didn’t fit. :sob: My dumbass didn’t pay attention to the letters on the bars, and the A’s and the D’s were similar but slightly different lengths. Had to take it halfway apart and fix my stupidity.

It’s huge inside though. I love it. I’m 6’ and I have to stand on my toes to touch the top. Sativas here we come!

45 Likes

So freaking envious right now. I’d love to have a good quality tent instead of the “none cheaper” brand that I have right now, let alone one that big.

And to imagine it packed with sativas… Oh man.

12 Likes

I think I missed my calling in life as a person who makes pun names for B grade movie sequels.

13 Likes

Got one plant with a weird mutation. It’s kinda funny… It’s self-topped, with no growth nodes coming from the top.

Everybody is working on their 2nd or 3rd nodes. Some plants are coming along a little slower than others, but I don’t intend to cull anybody yet before next week.

26 Likes

Panama lime did that from the seeds stitch sent me. I never did get anything to germinate correctly. But I still have the Love Potion left to try for a rainy day. Im kinda dreading trying to grow them. At least after the initial experience with the germ rates being so bad or the ones that did pop are self toping mutant runts. I would cull it if was an auto but with time maybe it outgrow it maybe?
Best of Luck

3 Likes

I’m going to cull it for sure, but for now I’m just fascinated by it a little bit. Until I need more room, I don’t need to get rid of it. But I’m intending to inbreed this cross for a bit to try and get rid of a few negative traits from the Black Afghani side. I started about 6 more than I can flower, so I have room to do pre-selection on ones that pop out weirdness, or get too far behind the others.

11 Likes

Tuning in for the show. Sounds like a cool hybrid with a lot of potential! Best of luck!

4 Likes

This is the first time I’ve grown in hydro in many years, and even then I’ve only grown a few plants in a different setup. Feels like I’m learning to grow all over again.

9 Likes

Black Affie hybrid approaching 7ft. too tall to get good pics for a few weeks.
All of them look the same, just size is only difference.

22 Likes

Beautiful plant. Is it stretching now? It doesn’t look like it’s completely into flowering yet.

4 Likes

Yea she was still in preflower stretch when pic was taken. Button buds now and she is still growing. 7 ft now. Thats a 2ft top on it. We’ll see how she fills in. Ill take pics again soon.

5 Likes

Black Lebanon x Black Afghani

I think I’m getting the flood/drain cycle dialed in better here. They’re in hydroton and I went to a longer cycle of 6 hours between cycles. They didn’t appear to like that, so I went the other direction and grew them with 2 hours between cycles for the better part of the week. Voila! Happy plants.

Now things are starting to get crowded and I’ll have to make some early selections and work furiously to get my flower setup with ebb and flow this weekend.

I have 2 150W 2.8A drivers laying around, but it couldn’t come up with a configuration of Bridgelux strips that would use them efficiently. I could only squeeze out about 210W for the pair using strips, so I decided to give a few of these a try: https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/products/qb96-elite-v2-quantum-board-engine

Those should be good enough at 1 per plant over a 2x2 space. The rest of my lights I’ve salvaged from my previous setup, and will be setting them up and moving in plants ASAP.

21 Likes