Afghaniganza Part 4: Gahn baby gahn

Definitely got it going on. Automatic…

there is a type of fitting that you just cut the tubing and push in to connect. The fittings are not cheap but they have been used for years in water filter systems and under high pressure.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/John-Guest-3-8-in-Push-To-Connect-x-3-8-in-MIP-Polypropylene-Adapter-Fitting-803239/300753462

These are commercial grade fittings.

• John Guest push-to-connect technology provides a simple, reliable, leak-free connection
  • Manufactured from white polypropylene and equipped with EPDM O-rings
  • Can be used with plastic or soft copper tubing
  • Lead-free, corrosion free, non-toxic and more chemically resistant than other plastics
  • Manufactured with FDA compliant materials and NSF 61 and 51 certified
  • Rated to 150 psi at 70°F and 60 psi at 140°F
  • Possible applications include: reverse osmosis systems, ice makers, home/office coffee and beverage dispensing equipment, hydroponics and aquarium/aquatic
10 Likes

I love those fittings! They’re so much nicer to work with than barbed connectors. I’m not sure if they work with hydrofarm tubing or not. One problem I had is that the ID of the 1/2" tubing did not match sizes from other tubing types, so I was unable to use their connectors. I’m unsure if the OD would match a push to connect fitting.

6 Likes

Weekend Update - Black Lebanon / Black Afghani (Flower Day ~5ish)

Plants in the buckets have been there about a week now, and I’ve started flowering on these. The top plant is probably my favorite. I think it’s a male.

I still have several plants that need to get put into my 4x4 tent. I’m going to work on it more today and hopefully get it finished.

20 Likes

Male tent.

Moving things around as they start showing sex. My favorite plant structurally (right) turned out to be a male. Might be an easy selection. Afghan pheno left, Leb pheno right. So far I’ve confirmed 3 females. I doubt I’m going to end up with enough to fill the entire tent, but another couple days and I should have a decent count.

You guys thought I was joking about using cat little boxes. :joy:

I’m using this with a 4-channel raspberry pi controller. For now, it’ll have to be timing-based to coordinate pumps. I have an overflow line leading back to the tank for safety. One minor improvement will be to add a bottom float switch to turn off the pump when the drain is finished. Then the drain part won’t have to be timed at all. I call it ghetto flow.

18 Likes

7 ft Black Affie cross blowing in the wind. @lefthandseeds this plant is so tall now I cannot get a decent pic of it. Ill drop some flower shots here soon. Got another one thats over 6 ft. looks just like this one, only slightly smaller.
Hope all is well @lefthandseeds on your end bro
peace

20 Likes

What kind of lights are those?

3 Likes

They look like the HLG QB96 Light Engine’s :thinking:

7 Likes

@HolyAngel is right, those qb96 are the ones I’m using.

@Silverhaze that beast looks awesome. Seems like it still has a pretty long ways to go. Think it’ll finish?

6 Likes

@lefthandseeds I think so. I hope to get to 3rd wk of Oct before weather forces me to harvest. they are coming along. would be a shame to harvest any kind before its time.

7 Likes

First cull. This one is a male, and I’ve already picked the 4 males I’m going to keep. This is showing one of the weird leaf mutations from the Black Afghani side. I’d rather do without it… There are nicer looking specimens that don’t have that trait.

23 Likes

Yo! @lefthandseeds how goes it?

The Black Affie hybrid, pheno #2. The 6 ft pheno.
She’s coming on and chunking up nicely.
Pheno #1, the 7 footer, is still gonna need at least 3 weeks. 4 or 5 maybe.
They both have same plant and bud morphology. This pheno has the chunkier buds by a bit.
Flower smell is changing to a sour biterness. Hard to describe.
Harvest no kind before its time.
peace.

22 Likes

I really hope so.They calling for a “mild” lat fall/winter here this year so Im hoping to run to at least mid Oct, preferably into week 4 of Oct if I can do it. made it to Oct 30 last year.Snowed on Halloween last year.
Light intensity and heat units fall off sharply here in October. To run that late again this year is prolly optimistic.
Days of cold rain and highs of are 40F are what shut me down. Night time temps have dipped into mid-low 30’s a few nights already tho. but 7 day forecast showing milder nights still.
Cheers.

8 Likes

Nice dude! That lady is starting to chunk up. You’ve got some really nice outdoor growing conditions, and good soil.

6 Likes

Black Lebanon / Black Afghani Day 13

I’ve gotten most everything sexed and moved into proper tents. I have at least 6 females, 5 males and 2 still undetermined. The males will need only about 2-3 more weeks until they can get cut, and I’ll need to make a decision on one this week to bring them down to 4.

The girl in the 2nd to last picture is one I like a lot so far. No leaf mutations, and huge fan leaves. Definitely favoring the black afghani, but without abnormalities. For the male tent (cat litter box tent), I still am liking the structure of the one back right. It has a nice branchy sprawl. Burned it a little with the nutes.

Smell is great so far… and they’re stinky for not having flowers. Some smells of burnt rubber and skunky vibes.

23 Likes

Feeling a need to unload some seeds. First 3 people to express in the next 2 hours get a mailer to go out today. US only.

20 Likes

I really need to divorce my wife and move to US anyday soon !!!

11 Likes

:joy: for you I would make an exception. It’s more difficult to send internationally, especially right now with the pandemic. But there are ways…

9 Likes

count me in :slight_smile:

edit: gahn after them lefthanded seeds.

6 Likes

Those are the kind of things that make you such an asset to OG @lefthandseeds

13 Likes

Am I too late? Love your stuff I’ve tried so far! :grinning:

4 Likes