African landraces and heirloom thread

I did not send you any Nigerian seeds. Wish I had some. :wink:

I seem to think the wet thick husks were the root of my problems.
Vac machine is rather old and doesn’t maybe get all air out but it was pretty close…
Next time I’ll pre dry husks and maybe use some parchment paper in separate batches and try figure out where I went wrong.

3 Likes

Sweat the buds in a plastic bag for 14 days, checking them often to prevent mold. Then, place them in semi dry corn husks for further decarboxylation.

2 Likes

presuming you used the charts from tangwena thread as the guiding framework?

6 Likes

Zamal x Zamal Mango Carrot x Senegalese

Day 59/60 of 10/14

22 Likes

A couple flips worth? Man I looked and looked for those. Wife moved them. I hope they are still good too.
@tweezer_caspian looks potent.

2 Likes

Those are from me, Nigeria Yuroba Bantu from Hartigear on IG

6 Likes

They are on the menu @District_Flora :grin:did you try it yet? @US3RNAM3 did you give me 2 seeds of a faster Yoruba?

2 Likes

I used unbleached paper sandwich baggies. Basically a thin parchment bag. They are super easy to stuff tightly in the bottom and roll and tie with twine. Would recommend.

2 Likes

I’m out of likes since I found this thread…I got to your pics here and wanted to give you some LIKES!

Your plants look amazing, beautiful :heart:

2 Likes

I don’t remember there being that many, it was whatever I had left over at the time, likely less than a flip.

1 Like

Nope, still trying to get through all the Iranian and afghans I have in my stock lol. I sent two, the original stock from Hartigears initial run and then seeds from a repro (I think). Also sent some crosses that were made with it

3 Likes

Was that the Nigeria sunshine? Do you have any more info on that line from hartigear? Point of origin/scents/aromas/effects, etc.?

1 Like

It’s not the Nigerian Sunshine which is a hybrid, this is a pure Nigerian line. I can’t remember the story behind it, it’s somewhere on his IG but he had too many posts to look at for me to find it again. I know he got it some years ago now and that they’re legit. It’s easier to find pics of it grown out than it is to find the one where he gives the back story.

3 Likes

Nigerian Sunshine came from Gas/Swami, it’s very good! I quite like it personally.

4 Likes

I recently popped 12-15 or so NYB from whiterabbit on IG…
Wonder if the stock are similar.

White Rabbit Farm Organics (@whiterabbitfarm) • Instagram photos and videos

2 Likes

No issues with germination, I can tell you that!

Very nice my friend.

1 Like

Our wheat pheno of the 80s Durban Poison. Picture was sent to us from a customer and amazing grower!! It doesn’t get purer than this. I was so lucky to be able to preserve this line.
The smoke report on it was also very cool, “Yeah it’s a clean sativa high, but funny enough after say the first hour or two turns into a bit of a indica type of stone. It’s funny cause I was wondering if it would be racy, so I left trichomes to mature, all mostly cloudy with some clear, smell is herbal,woody fruity like grapefruit and some incense, the smell developed the further along she got. The taste is smooth ,and tastes like she smells.” I was sweating bullets when I got these seeds, over 40 years old, out of 200 seeds only 16 popped and out of that 16, 13 actually sprouted, I usually do my open pollinations a lot higher, but a took what I could with this line and have made 1000s of fresh seeds from those 13. There are 3 main phenos that are common and are somewhat similar but afew difference to be able to visually see and to feel, this old school stuff hits differently with a lifted sense of well being.:seedling:

42 Likes

What a great success you’ve had with this Legend!
And your right, that Bud looks intimidating and certainly unique.

May I ask how many weeks your Masterpiece Flowered for @LoveofLandrace

I would be honoured to trade some seeds with you if that option is available.
Aka Worthy beans for Legendary Beans

Have a great day!

9 Likes