African landraces and heirloom thread

This one went for 17 weeks, what all have you got man🙂

11 Likes

I too would be interested in trading with you.

6 Likes

These sound amazing !!!

4 Likes

Looks great! How often does the wheat pheno come up?

4 Likes

@PineTarBastard thats the Pencil stick pheno. Afropips line had this pheno. It had a great reputation. Rare pheno. Only one found so far I think… but i’m going to find one this summer with any luck.
@LoveofLandrace beautiful Durban

15 Likes

This wheat pheno is showing up quite often. The gene pool is not vast in this line, I got these seeds and hardly any popped they where so old, so I worked with what I had which was 13 plants, and so far there are 3 common phenos, the wheat being on of them, then a more loose, rounded flower structure then the last one that has been popping up is quite a full loose typical sativa structured bud with larger foxtailing characteristics branching off. I’ll post a pic of it now from one a customer grew out

7 Likes

22 Likes

Truely beautiful thing. It would be an honor for any grower to grow. Wow and old school Durban.

6 Likes

Is there anyone working with the legit rooibaard? Or Swazi red? Or Congolese black? Keen for a trade or to purchase

6 Likes

Sorry for the gap @LoveofLandrace.
There will be a msg tonight; options!

Cheers, gotta run

Oh man! Sweet! I’ve seen only one photo of the pencil stick. I’ll be getting into these for sure.

@roms has the old Afropips line

7 Likes

Just back from a little road trip through my beautiful country.
Came across this small patch in a locals garden in the rural Maluti mountain range.
For those of you who don’t know this area it is basically a small area nestled between Kwazulu Natal, Lesotho, Drakensberg and the Orange Free-state.
Conditions here are harsh to say the least.
Blistering hot in Summer alternating with freezing cold in Winters.
Like most growers here, many males are generally left to grow so little here gets done by human hands in terms of “selection”
Here nature does all the selection…
Only the tough survive and the end result is flowers mostly full of seed.
Unfortunately the grower had no flower but was very kind to give me a large handful of seeds out his container which seemed to contain the remnants of his previous harvest.
I look forward to planting these and seeing what comes up…

45 Likes

Now that is a “Garden of Eden”.

4 Likes

Too awesome! :fire:

2 Likes

Beautiful ! ! !

2 Likes

Surprises await you.

5 Likes

That is fantastic !!!

Hope you find a keeper or two :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice! You should find something good in that baggie😁 I’m curious what you have in there with the seeds. I’d assume it’s to capture moisture?

4 Likes

Good observation there @Upstate
The old Sotho man I received them from had a few Mielies(corn kernels)in the seeds…very possible they were added on purpose for that very reason.
Also possible that the container was used for storing corn and wasn’t properly emptied before seeds were added.
I didn’t even ask.
I’ve seen a bunch of wierd things in local ganga so I barley take notice…was just happy to receive his gift of seeds.

7 Likes

Seems like corn could work as well as rice does for removing moisture. I never thought about it I guess. I hope you start a thread when you get into those!

7 Likes