African landraces and heirloom thread

I figured now was as good a time as ever to drop these.A grower from Spain sent me these in a beautiful wax sealed letter 3 years ago.He went on holiday in Africa various places but nit listed so its a mystery to what they actually are he stopped and collected seed from what he could and saved the good ones from the smoke he said was like nothing he ever seen in terms of Smoke these days.Said the smoke was very long lasting two toke maximum shit very Psychedelic high speed chicken feed is what he called it,Some of the tiniest seeds ive seen in a long time mixed with some ostrich eggs

23 Likes

Did he have a basic idea from what region? North, South, East, West? Sprout them, put them in the dirt and let the treasures reveal themselves. Good luck and good growing.

5 Likes

He said around Capetown and Drakensburg So could be anything really thier in water now.Stay tuned

5 Likes

wow-wow-gif

6 Likes

Mystery African beans, should be an interesting grow.

8 Likes

Their is some fire in them there beans! Good hunting!

3 Likes

The varieties The African Seeds Company sold back in the days.

11 Likes

Feral KwaZulu landrace

24 Likes

That is f…king bad ass!:grin:

5 Likes

Field of dreams, right there. Have you ever thought about making charas out of any of that?

1 Like

!

Uganda
The last plant shown is a really neat pole pheno, which would suggest, in my mind at least, Lebanese ancestry somewhere back in time. The first pheno may be from Lebanese as well, and I say that based on size alone. Dwarfs come from dry areas. The pole pheno says that wherever this particular phenos genetic input comes from, it was from an area where plants were grown closely grouped together. Who knows what areas used to farm cannabis like this, but no longer do.
How long has this Uganda contained what we call Indica? Long enough that the buds (budlets😁) that make up the colas have grown themselves little stalks, to keep them away from the main stem and improve airflow between the flowers, preventing rot. The tip has divided into several shoots for the same reason… The leaf stems have extended. Flowering term has lengthened to.the tropical standard of 16+ weeks. This is the start of week 9 of 12/12.
Very interesting landrace, for sure.

27 Likes

Very cool looking plant thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Your 80s Durban poison grown by a customer, the plant went for 18 weeks indoors, this is what we refer to as wheat pheno but also known for the Durban pencils, old school cannabis at its finest

19 Likes

Hey @LoveofLandrace . How often will that phenotype occur? :grin:

1 Like

It’s been popping up quite often! Not the most common pheno but I’d say statistically 2 in every 20 seeds it’s popping up

4 Likes

Whats the smoke report on that one i feel electric just looking at it ill bet that one has some Armpits and back and hands sweating lift off

It’s a anxious high for afew minutes and calms down into a really mellow clear headed vibe

2 Likes

hey @Upstate
do you know anything about cannabis in Gambia?
I met someone from Gambia who said that people smoked cannabis where he grew up, and that it was used medicinally by smoking. He said that there was a particular region in the country where it was cultivated. and I think most of what was sold came from there.

curious if you know anything about the varietals or cultivation methods there.

3 Likes

Nice eye candy @LoveofLandrace , your so gifted
With a kind the kind that life’s good Herbs genes plants. Totally Awesome DURBAN POISON be so proud to grow i. TROPICAL climate 28 degrees.if you Please… …Peace…
OVerGRow The World. Best Herb Genes saved. PassITon …

2 Likes

You got me on that one. I only know about Senegalese, some of which is said to have been imported from Mexico in the 50’s. Another is brine water tolerant. I was thinking the cannabis in The Gambia would be similar, being that the nation is surrounded by Senegal…but then Googled why they are separated and read that they briefly tried but culturally couldn’t mix. Maybe their weed didn’t mix either. Wouldn’t surprise me. " ours is better" is common among all groups of growers. One thought is that Senegal has highlands and Gambia is all lowland along the river. Could be a longer flowering time as a result. Maybe like Nigerian

3 Likes