African landraces and heirloom thread

Just picked up 15 Seeds of Cannabiogens Durban Poison for a ridiculously cheap price.

Does anybody now when he dropped his Durban Poison the first and when the last time? Just don’t wanna be disappointed incase those fuckers won’t germinate.

3 Likes

If you think they are Seniors @_GreenToAs_T … spoil them accordingly lol.

I can only make one recommendation, use Hot to Hottest tap-water when You soak your beans.

It will help soften the tough exterior shell material in advance of the opening. Its a short term method but has been pretty consistent.

Good Luck and Go Durban !

2 Likes

Honestly I have no clue.

It was a lucky accident I saw them in the first place and then I just panick bought them haha.

Is Cannabiogen gear as problematic to germinate as SnowHigh gear?

4 Likes

On that end I have exactly Zero experience with either of those Breeders handiwork.

SnowHigh will be involved in a grow this Fall, my first of that calibre with one of their reproductions here within OG.
Also Angola Red from SnowHigh was reproduced and could be available

Your in the right place @_GreenToAs_T

5 Likes

Here you have a Gambia field.

Wouldn’t be surprised either if it came from Mexico too.

20 Likes

Interesting tek. I would be super careful about too much heat exposure to the seeds.

@_GreenToAs_T Cannabiogen (CBG) seeds can germinate easily, ofcourse it depends on how it was stored and what year it is from, etc.

2 Likes

The kettle will not be a practise thats maintained… @US3RNAM3
Hot water cools fast enough, so thats going to be the path chosen…
Kind of an extreme option, looking at such high heat. I still got 3 of 4 beans to pop.
Seeds are well designed

cheers U

2 Likes

I’m always open to discover new ways or techniques! Thanks for sharing that. I find that regulating the ambient temp to ~80-83F’ within the room that seeds are being germinated is a game changer in upping germ rate % for me personally. I’m such a barbarian/brute when it comes to these things, i’m probably missing best practices by a mile :rofl:

1 Like

A warmer Temp for germinating seeds only makes sense. I’ve just stuck the glass of water/seeds in a Cupboard myself.
Who would Nurture Seeds ? Come-on

1 Like

Of the three african bagseed i tossed down one did live.I assume African Cultivars are are thin leafed varieties this may be Dutched??? Johnnys Frankie keeping right up with her too what legs

12 Likes

So I recently grew out khalifa genetics morroccan belida and holy f@$$ing shit! I cut at 9 weeks and has a chocolately and something else smell. The high is great clear headed and motivating with a nice stoned that goes with it. Now I didn’t do this plant any favors I put it through hell. It finished the last 3 wks of flower with no fan leaves cause I messed them up. No pics because it looked shitty and thought it would be a busy. Nope I’d have to say in my top 5 of smokes all day! Also pure sativa 7-9 wks with blond hash :drooling_face:.

18 Likes

13 Likes

No. Should pop if the re seller stored them correctly. They had Durban with 100% germ rates several years ago when I got them.

That’s not overly fat, but isn’t skinny either…hard to say yet. Leaflets don’t overlap…

Most have at least some cbd in them, but I found a really good one that smoked almost like Oaxaca. I lost the few seeds I made on it unfortunately. Definitely worth looking thru. Susceptible to PM and will get some bud rot, but it’s workable

3 Likes

I live in a highplains desert so not worried about pm or bubrot as much. Apparently i live in its home enviroment pretty much.

7 Likes

Same here and I feel lucky that IPM is almost never an issue.

5 Likes

You’ll have a fieldday growing Moroccan out there. You won’t have to eliminate any genetics based on susceptibility to damp or wet conditions like I do here. Lucky you!

4 Likes

Grew Beldia years ago, but the seeds were straight out of Morocco. Crossed it at the time with a Lebanese from 1980. This Beldia is a good candidate to make semi autoflowers.

Beldia

Beldia x Leb

17 Likes

I asked in the congo trip with kidete if anyone was interested in doing a reproduction run on the seeds he will be sending out. From the trip he was able to come back with some Angola he’s also throwing in the Ethiopian shashamane (I believe this is from his site but it could be one he just got) 10 seeds of each strain and I’d really love to see this be passed around and reproduced for members on OG but I myself am not capable of doing this as im starting my first breeding run this month. I already asked @Upstate as I figured he would know the best person to help but I figured I’d post around and gauge interest. I’m willing to send most if not all of my seeds to someone capable to reproducing them and being able to send more seeds out to others once successfully reproduced and get me seeds back or a clone per strain

8 Likes

I’ve got other things going on. But let me know if you can’t find anyone else to do it and I’ll figure something out.

6 Likes

I’m thinking I’ll make this My Freakers seedrun this year. Seems like the proper finale to successful trip.

10 Likes