African landraces and heirloom thread

Fascinating! Do you recall if there was also any biochar production or just wood ash?

Screenshot_20240407-155110_Chrome

4 Likes

Hit me up when and I’ll probably contribute some too.

6 Likes

@Tykal I’ll be in touch if I find someone! Upstate was saying maybe sometime this year (I believe) if he finds time

4 Likes

Senegal

25 Likes

Might want to get his permission first homie, I mean it IS his business after all… he went out and got the seeds, might want to let him make some sales before giving a bunch of f2s out.

2 Likes

The seeds Kidete collects are specifically intended for distribution among those who funded his trip. F2 repro seeds would likely be 6months to 1 year away, depending on actual vegging and flowering times.

8 Likes

Bluntly, those seeds were paid for in advance. He did not afford the trip on his own.

3 Likes

Malawi Gold @Tejas
Day 30F
Beautiful plants. Super cropped the closest plant to the light. short one is playing it fast and loose. If any more stretch, Ill bend her too.

Kilimanjaro @Kidete
Day 30F

23 Likes

I got a morroccan belida seeded and sown in a pot outside. It’s been above ground a few days let’s see what I can do with this amazing strain. I loved it last time.

5 Likes

The Beldia from Khalifa by any chance? @420noob

2 Likes

Yes, yes it is. I grew one of these out but had mixed a epsoma2-2-2 biotome but forgot and watered so was quite unhappy most of life so I threw in flower tent since I had room and wow just wow with the smoke! Can’t even describe the unique smells and tastes but the high was amazing great mental mellowing but no sleppiness and can still perform harder tasks. Also I live on a high plains desert so should be perfect for outside growing here!

7 Likes

Any chance you got pollen of them? I have two girls going but sadly no male.

3 Likes

Congo grown in South-America somewhere 1964

9 Likes

I’m always respectful of anything well worked by somebody, or of seeds that come with limitations placed by someone that gives them to me, but I don’t ask for permission when it comes to increasing seedcounts of landraces to preserve them😁. Landraces belong to the people. All of us.
I also feel strongly that passing out seeds of 1 landrace carried by someone offering many will only serve to increase their customer base. Exposure brings more business every time.
I’d add that i generally wouldn’t pass out more than one strain from a vendor in mass quantities. i offer just a taste to very small crowd and trust people will want to try more of what the vendor offers if they like it… and that those that missed out will buy it. Its all with a view to help these guys. Thats why i do it.
Also, this Angola isn’t going to be easy to get again. That’s likely a one and done deal for original seed. I feel a seed increase is necessary…but no longer have the time or space for a run with these this year. I’m hoping someone else can offer us a look.

14 Likes

@LoveofLandrace when do you leave for Morocco?
I have been told by a local that the old beldia strain is short like Lebanese. I’m sure he is just lacking some information but I do Wonder why the Moroccan land race should be tall at all…or Sativa like. Why wouldn’t the Moroccan landrace look similar to land races from other very dry regions?
Maybe there are 2 Moroccan Beldia strains? One known as Ketama by many? I don’t know. I had been led to believe with my research and through Reading what Khalifa genetics has had to say that the old Beldia is a sativa ganja strain, and that the short hash plant type looking plants are from Pakistani genetics brought in the 60s…but could that information be incomplete? Could there be another old one? I have to admit it does sound reasonable to think that a desert variety would evolve to look like one🤔…but my thinking when I was told this information is that anyone under the age of 50 over in Morocco might not even know about the old sativa strain… kind of like how the people in Brazil thought manga rosa flowered for 12 weeks. The hybrid from the 70’s does,but the old one goes 18-26.

7 Likes

MM x NH x MG finding its footing now.

18 Likes

Future Tree right there @Hashpants . Beautiful!

8 Likes

Malawi Gold [ TLT ] @Tejas
Day 53F

Little hiccup as of late. Mag def. on a couple. Yesterday I fed 1/4 tbsp Epsom salt to help correct any lockout from occurring.

Ill have to flip this ladies clones earlier on since she like to get tall after flip.

Wrong plant, Removed the photos. Later update will have it corrected.

Kilimanjaro [East Africa Genes] @Kidete
She possibly didn’t like the recent Epsom Salt feeding, back to only water for the remainder of flower. Ill note she is finicky with nutrients. Here clones were the first to root/revert. The second run i’ll try my best to keep her in optimal health to the end.

17 Likes

No I got feminized seeds. I do have a morroccan belida as seedling right now.

5 Likes