All herm seed run. Wish me luck!

after some lst and leaf tucking. Day 22 above soil. Grow light is washing out the pic. They’re a nice green.

5 Likes

That’s quite amazing for 22 days!
You can flip to flower soon.

1 Like

They’re autoflowers. Is it still amazing?

2 Likes

Oh… :smile:

I need to scroll up more before I comment. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Ay least I hope they are. They are herms from full autos. They look like they wanna throw pistils any day. On 24/0 from the start.

4 Likes

No worries. This is my first journal. I’m happy for the interest.

4 Likes

current canopy height.

7 Likes

Branches
23 days from sprout

11 Likes

7 Likes

They’re CRANKIN’!

I haven’t grown auto-flowers yet, but have seen several recommendations to allow them to get as many photons as possible (i.e. 24 hours a day). I wonder, though, whether starting with seeds from a hermaphodite, full-time exposure to light might stress them out and encourage the hermaphoditic tendencies even further than if they were to get – say – 18:6 (sun:dark).(?)

2 Likes

One influencial factor might be at what longitude the parents of the combined strains grew.
There’s 24hr light for months in summer if you go far enough north and it seems like Ruderalis does grow further north in the wild than most other cannabis varieties.

That being said, I have two autoflowers in flower currently and until a few days ago both under 24 hr light, one of them has its (broad) leaves pointed up for roughtly 12 hours, then it points the top leaves down. So I keep that one in the dark for 12 hours.

The other one has its leaves up all the time, and has narrow leaves.
So that one gets flipped between the LED at night and windowsil during day time.

Summary:

They will tell you when 24 hrs of light is too much and point their upper leaves downwards if or when they want to sleep and will point upwards again when they are ready for more light.

4 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

That’s interesting. I hadn’t thought of that. I’ve been semi aware of par they’re getting at least early on i was. I’m trying to restrain myself from turning it to 11! I’ve been mulling adding a few (2-4) hrs dark but I’m a torn because they look purty good now and are growing fast. I don’t wanna force flower early or confuse em.

1 Like

What do you think from the pics? I feel like they’ve had droopy fan leaves the whole time. I kinda chalked it up to the sip pots having their roots a little wetter than they like.

1 Like

Thank you for coming through. I’m liking autos so far. Only my 2nd run with em

1/29
Day 24

9 Likes

I’m not taking anything for granted with these herm plants. This could still go off the rails. But I gotta say, at 25 days in these four are incredibly uniform in height, structure and vigor. I guess thats a hat tip to the original meph breeding.

3 Likes

They look like they’re having a jolly good time.
They also bend their lower leaves like that to catch more light that’s coming sideways. It simply doesn’t make sense for the lower leaves to be pointing upwards.

They’re looking as healthy as they can be!

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear. I thought so too. They seem to be growing inches overnight.

1 Like

day 25 and an upskirt

10 Likes