An easier method for reversing using straight silver nitrate

I think this is to do with how some stems are hollow… I wanted to do a test on a plant that was further in flower so have injected a tangie that is probably 3-4 weeks from finished… This is also hollow stemmed and there is no back pressure when injecting…
I guess the unknown is how is the silver that fills up the hollow center then distributed through the plant… I wanted to do this because it makes it much easier to see how the ethylene ‘blocking’ works at this stage… and what I can see is that the bud sites within 6 inches of the injection have basically had all growth and development of buds at these locations has ‘frozen’… Basically the same as it does if you spray a plant later in flower…

I am trying a non hollow stemmed plant now, and am still waiting to see if this makes it more difficult to get the correct dosage to where it’s needed. I fully expect this process will take a bit of refinement if it turns out to be reliable…

13 Likes

Is 99.9% photo grade the right stuff to use mate?

Cheers

G

3 Likes

This is what I used…

5 Likes

Anyone know a good source in Canada?

1 Like

Thanks man,
I looked at the Q&A section and it’s the same stuff I was looking at earlier.

So has she shown any signs of switching over yet?

3 Likes

Na I’m not seeing anything with mine, there are to things that I could have done differently though.

I injected quite late as there was already female flower clusters

I mixed the solution using tap water.

9 Likes

Huh…well hit er again lol

5 Likes

So everyone I did a few more tests using this approach… I used a couple of NYD/OGK fems, one of them grown in coco, the other in a small dwc setup… I whacked these up twice to see if it made any difference.

So this is one that is sitting in dwc… it started out with pistils and these have pretty much all become balls… this one was more fleshy so injection was easier.

This one… which is in coco and has obviously been well neglected and was woody and hard to inject and I thought was not going to turn at all

THEN when I was taking these pics I spotted some balls on it also…

So this is an Tangie that I wanted to do a test on to see if the silver might speed up reveg times… mostly because I want a cut from this pheno and had left it way way too long… so this is only just over one week after having the tops cut off and being put back in 18/6, already there is new tips growing and by another week I should be able to take cuts from it… that’s a pretty fast turn around for reveg in my experience, so I am pretty stoked about this use of the silver as well…

Whack it again bro… or give it a single spray of STS maybe. All of mine have worked so far so it should be working for you too all things being equal…

21 Likes

Excellent findings. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will give it another go when the veg cabinet has cleared out a bit.

7 Likes

Just tried this method on my NL cutting.

Stems are pretty small on this cutting - it seems I couldn’t ever find the centre… always had back pressure so not sure if I got enough in.

Just put it in flower - we’ll see what happens in a few weeks.

I actually went all the way through the stem a few times trying to find the centre… so we’ll see how unhappy the cutting is from that.

Fingers crossed - I’m expecting I screwed it up, but we’ll see in a few weeks.

7 Likes

Well have my supplies now to try said method, just need worthwhile plants to do it on lol

9 Likes

Going to a safe injection site to get some “clean work”…my tax dollars pay for it…might as well get something out of it.

6 Likes

Super interesting reads… I skimmed a lot so my apologies if this has been answered in the links or thread,

Does this render the whole plant “unconsumable” as CS and STS does?

Targeted reversing of a single branch without silver particles running amuck in the whole plant would be amazing.

5 Likes

Plants have a vascular system, and while the concentration of silver that spreads throughout might not be great enough to reverse the entire plant there will be traces for sure.
I wouldn’t risk it.

Edit: Spelling

6 Likes

That is kind of the conclusion I’m assuming as well. I suppose without some pretty advanced testing like a mass spectrometer to verify the content/lack of, on a non reversed bud from said plant one may never know with certainty.

3 Likes

I think one of the problems is, the plant has no way to metabolize the silver into something else, so it remains in the plant material.

7 Likes

And if you smoke plants with silver you can end up looking like this guy:

This is actually real, it’s a condition called ‘argyria’

16 Likes

I thought most from seed runs were just for seed rather than smoke? I wouldn’t wanna chance it personally. Planning on reversing a rainbow kush. (I’ve not forgot about the seed run I’ve just been having issues in life and grow) but this seems a good method. Do you remove the plant you pollinate from flower room or can you leave them in there. Don’t wanna risk a crop but I’ve got a few more plants than usual this run.

3 Likes