Andrane Grows Crazy Stuff! 👍

How long has it been since harvest?

Cheers
G

1 Like

A week or so. Most of the green beans turned beige after a few days.

1 Like

It will be interesting to watch & will show viability (or not).
The results will be somewhat different in a month (higher germ rate)

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Into the paper towel they go! Again will be interesting to see if the green beans will pop. :thinking:

6 Likes

I’m along for the ride :sunglasses:

1 Like

So again I want to really say or stress that all these beans were pretty undeveloped at the time of harvest so I wasn’t really expecting much. 3 days later and I have 1 that is basically a plant now and anouther just poking its tail out and 1 cracked and about to pop.

3 out of how ever many after 3 days.

7 Likes

Last picture of the Fat bastard premature testers. Day 7 and to my surprise the majority of them popped. Took awhile though. Surprised me how many are starting to crack…I was seriously doubting all of them.

5 Likes

They were almost all done cooking. Nice test

1 Like

Update on the DJ Short Blueberry acquired from @Oldjoints in a trade.

12 Likes

Just a FYI, the original seed stock when I acquired the seed was from 2008. I then reproduced the strain and what you now are growing.

4 Likes

That’s super cool. Has the flavor/smell drifted at all after all these years? I know Upstate said one of his old strains has drifted from blueberry to strawberry now or something like that.

1 Like

I haven’t noticed any drift in what i have grown. I have grown that specific strain 3 times with very similar results. I wasn’t the original person that bought them in 2008. I bought the seeds I think in 2020 from an auction here.

2 Likes

Upon afterthought I think genetic drift is almost a probability in many genetic lines of cannabis.
With seeds being passed around from person to person in small grows with little populations the chance of genetic drift would increase greatly. Of course this would take generations but unless someone took the time to recombine these genes in a large population I would think this bottleneck would eventually rear it’s head. And IMO is more common than most realize in todays cannabis populations.
Fortunately this isn’t always a bad thing and could actually improve a strain, it also can make make one much worse.
Just my thoughts on the subject………

4 Likes

Flower Tent Update. This round is mostly for making seeds.

:point_down: Purple Pink Panther #1 :point_down:

:point_down: Purple Pink Panther #2 :point_down:

:point_down: Purple Pink Panther #3 :point_down:

:point_down: DJ Short Blueberry from @Oldjoints :point_down:

:point_down: Blurple Berry Kush (Purple Kush x BlueBerry):point_down:

:point_down: Gelato :point_down:

:point_down: GrandDaddy Purp :point_down:

:point_down: Rockstar :point_down:

A few solo cups that I’m doing for a solo cup challenge.

8 Likes

Looking great man. I loved smoking on Grandaddy Purple. I may have to pop some of those again. Lost my cut to nut lockout. Not as strong as other strains I must say but did taste and smell WONDERfully.

2 Likes

Super proud of this strain I have been working on.
Blurple Berry Kush baring some f3 seeds. Next step is to do some serious pheno hunting from these beans and start back crossing with a super awesome selected pheno. What do you guys think?

15 Likes

does it get you so stoned that your in a different stratosphre? asking for a friend :grin:

4 Likes

Lol. It’s a decent buzz. :wink::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Blurple Berry Kush really starting to put on some weight! Looks fucking tasty!

10 Likes

Purple Pink Panther showing off its seeds

12 Likes