Angola red vs Angola red vs Angola red

Excited to see you doing a side-by-side comparison of the three suppliers, particularly EAG’s Angolan Red. Good luck!

8 Likes

An excellent topic @YoBigdaddy I’m very excited to follow along. Best of luck through flower!

6 Likes

Pulling up a nice comfortable chair to watch this show, cant wait to see how this one turns out

7 Likes

First one I know about. Exotic alchemy is about like snow high they’ve been around for a while they do a lot of landrace/heirloom preservations

6 Likes

I ment I have no idea what the story of their Angola Red is. Is it in any way related to Snowhigh’s Angola?

3 Likes

That’s a good question I don’t know maybe somebody on here knows where exotic alchemy got there stock from

4 Likes

La Mano Negra - the late great collector from the Canary Islands - incidentally his seeds were to be given free / not sold - so to all that got them from him and sold them (snowhigh, BSC, etc) karma can be a bitch…

17 Likes

Very cool stuff you got going on brother! I’ll definitely be following along :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

I did not know that’s where snowhi got them from you are correct though karma is a b****. Now to find out where exotic alchemy got their stock from? Anybody know?

5 Likes

Really interesting thread.
Did you find any similarities between all those Congolese seeds you are growing?

4 Likes

I think the variegated mutation is gorgeous! To my understanding, it has not negative effect on plant or its performance. I hope you keep it around :grin::v:

Also, are you using promix or promix HP? Yours looks different than mine and I am using promix HP.

2 Likes

You have an excellent taste for what I can see,

Angola has been on my radar for quite some time, it should be interesting seeing how 3 different sources develop and the similarities between them.

All the best in this one, I will keep an eye on here

7 Likes

Interesting grow. In for the show. Good luck.

4 Likes

Supposedly Exotics also came from Alex Farina’s aka LMN stock . Don’t know how much they’ve been worked , but it’s been noted originally had it’s share of intersex issues & hempy plants . Not unusual for landrace sativas & proper selection is key . LMN did work it & descendants have been stable . Also been some discussion about Alex not releasing it in pure form . Will be interesting to watch them grow out , especially the shorter ones . Have some of LMN’s work , courtesy of C-ray . Might have to go thru it also .

9 Likes

On for the ride. Bummed I couldn’t participate in that group but I’m interested to see how they do. Best of luck! :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

The only real similarities I found so far is in the tall pheno it’s as if it lollipop itself like there’s no growth at all the first 10 or 12 inches of stalk. I thought it was mostly in the exotic ARS because the four of those seven have it two of the 12 snow high have it and two of the eight East African have it. Very similar top heavy growth. We’ll keep looking for similarities through flower. Thanks for stopping by brother I’ll make sure you get some of these seeds when they’re done.

10 Likes

Thanks for stopping by brother I enjoy the variegated leaves as well. If anything I think that smokes a Little bit stronger it’s been my experience in the past anyhow. I’ll probably set those two off in the clone room keep it for personal. As far as the pro mix I use the organic pro mix in the yellow bag for the babies.

6 Likes

Thanks for stopping by and sharing that information I’ve been trying to do a little bit of studying on Angola Red in general, and I found some really cool stories about Alex LMN and Angola red in general will share a few as we go through the thread.

6 Likes

Stick around to the end brother I’ll make sure you get some beans hopefully in time for next Summer’s outdoor garden

8 Likes

I didnt know promix had an organic version. I will have to check that out. Thanks for that information Growmie :+1:

2 Likes