Announcement/general discussion thread about changes to seed runs

I understand bud. Didn’t think you were objecting to anything at all. Totally get wanting to understand the criteria being used and this is the perfect place for that discussion. I am glad you brought it up as now it is here for all to read. Was a good question.

8 Likes

Yet another reason I love it here! The due diligence and desire to share real genetics with the world is unmatched, in my opinion. Thanks @DougDawson and the rest of the crew!

12 Likes

I asked in the Spring box thread but @G-paS didn’t answer. Will we be notified if our e-check does not clear?

2 Likes

Idk for sure but I would think so, from the way I have seen the folks running things act , they care just as much as we do that you get and grow those seeds in your box like for real they get just as much enjoyment out of watching us grow them as we do doing it :slight_smile: good people it’s like coming home:) @Mr.Christmas

6 Likes

Not really the thread for this and I don’t know the process. Heck, since E-cheques are new to the system, nobody really knows the process. But I will say that the volunteers in the Co-ops do this so they can get seeds spread out to members and Overgrow the world. I am sure more information will be revealed as it becomes available. In the mean time folks just need to be patient and let us do what we do. We all have lives, jobs and other things to take care of so answers may not come as quick as everyone would like but that’s just the way it is. The answers will come so just hang in there an maybe smoke a nice Indica :wink: :v:

7 Likes

This is why I believed the question was appropriate for this thread, apologies. I’m in no rush for the seeds, simply wanted to re-ask the question since it appeared G-paS had missed it and others might be wondering the same thing.

I’m also more of a Sativa guy.

2 Likes

All good @Mr.Christmas , I totally get the question and why you asked it. Makes perfect sense. No need to apologize :v:

2 Likes

Hey gang, I was just considering: as we grow as a community, and the number of seed runs increase, is there currently a plan for the expansion of the co-op distribution?
We already have 4 spillover reproductions from Spring to Fall boxes, and I anticipate that in the next year or 2 that continuing spillover could potentially mean that cultivators who are approved wouldn’t be able to have their work distributed in a timely fashion, unless our distribution capacity were to increase. :thinking:

12 Likes

Nope, no plans. We know the numbers better than anyone and will make changes as needed so this is not an issue. If expansion is needed, it will be done. At present, it is not needed. Have faith that the action group has you covered, because, we do :v:

26 Likes

Momma always said an ounce of prevention was worth a pound of cure. :wink:

7 Likes

Anyone can always have their own wiki and sign up list with whatever requirements they want and then just mail them out themselves like I did with the 150x ssdd f2 bx1 packs that weren’t co-op worthy due to my selection instead of open pollination.

25 Likes

Good luck with your endeavors. I hope they work out well for you.

5 Likes

Nobody is wielding power @api312

4 Likes

This is an important point that perhaps should be stressed more often. The Co-op community has both logistical and ethical concerns that don’t need to govern what an individual member does.

Nothing stops someone from making a shit-ton of awesome seeds and distributing as they see fit - it would also provide good insight into just how much work goes into the official group’s activities.

17 Likes

Absolutely correct. We have never stopped anyone from doing as they wish, that was never the goal, nor a power we posess or want. Some would have just loved to see things stay exactly as they were but the fact is that the old model became a sinking ship and needed to be fixed. Sure we sometimes get to take crap and insults for our volunteer efforts and work we do for the community, but most seem to be appreciative so it’s worth it.

There are always avenues to get seeds out there. If I recall correctly, I helped @HolyAngel with the Canadian distribution of the SSDD seeds. I just did it outside the Co-op. There are always some willing to help out a grower to spread their seeds around outside the Co-op.

24 Likes

Yep you sure did! And @Vertebrata helped with South America too ^^
Rest I covered myself. Was happy to do it :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Ooh! Cool shit man! That’s good info to have! So @DougDawson if it’s outside the co-op does it have to have the 150 sign up or is it at growers discretion? Thanks

5 Likes

Any runs outside the co-op have nothing to do with the action group members. We set no rules, nor do we have any power to do so. It is 100% at the growers discretion how they do their run and what criteria they set. :v:

7 Likes

Well ain’t that just the coolest thing since sliced bread :slight_smile: thanks Doug I’m outa likes buddy but that’s great

7 Likes

U know that makes me wonder… Whatever ended up happening with the piles of jack herer and white rhinos I sent up there to u @DougDawson ?

8 Likes