Anti anxiety medications

I agree with the cbg idea…. Really any of the cb2 type agonists should help but I find cbg and cbc the most effective for anti inflammation and anti anxiety.

Other than cb2 stuff I use aspirin and taurine and in general I’m a vegetarian. You might have anxiety from a vitamin/mineral deficiency. Make sure you get plenty potassium and magnesium and vitamin d or anything else that you can think!

2 Likes

Always wanted to try micro-dosing mushrooms. I’ve heard great things.

Just recently learned of a place to get some in town so I may be making a trip!

3 Likes

Agreed. For me Blueberry has perhaps the strongest anxiolytic properties of any weed. It’s also one of the only strains my gf who has bad anxiety truly enjoys.

5 Likes

man, so much great stuff here. thanks everyone for their thoughts. i have a ton of stuff to research!!!

as far as blueberry. is there any consensus on a legit blueberry cut or seed pack?

4 Likes

I keep hearing good things about AK Bean Brain’s 907 Blue Genes.

2 Likes

To help with my anxiety,
I never overindulge, and I harvest at 10% amber.
No the high isn’t as fun.
But it sure beats hiding in a closet, or giving away all my possessions.
For real, solid white trichs = psychotic episodes for me.
But on the bright side, when I smoke anxiety inducing bud, it really helps me to cope with my anxiety better.
Here is my take on it. Since the bud produces these psychotic feelings, my bodies gets used to it. Therefore those feelings are no longer a stressor. So in a roundabout way, the cannabis actually helps with the anxiety.
Agoraphobia episodes are less frequent. I can get back to enjoying life without all the constant worries.
I also suggest trying non decarbed edibles. I get the same benefits from the meds, actually getting high.
Best of luck to ya.

3 Likes

Theres a ton to chose from, and some are more indica or more sativa. Peakseedsbc has a good indica version, though known for being finicky. DJs brand old world genetics sells blueberry f5, flo, and a bunch of sister strains that are all pure blueberry lines. All are bred for this kind of effect, though some get dissapointed as they are expecting intense blueberry terps and end up with just notes of blueberry among others. Theyre pretty expensive though - Ive gotten packs close to $100 by waiting for big discounts.

I had good luck with his breeders choice mix 2 - which is fruity indica. The one female I kept a few rounds had a blueberry cereal smell drying, and cured is super sweet juicy berry. Effect is a socialable, functional mellow high with no sedative qualities.

4 Likes

As someone who has dealt with Chronic PTSD for almost 3 decades I 100% agree that weed alone is not the answer.
Regular daily physical activity . Actual healthy food ( not store bought ) . Not overstimulating myself. Combined with weed is why I have never been on any pharmaceuticals. The one thing weed has always done for me is allow me to feel comfortable enough to actually deal with my shit. It is great at knocking down our mental walls . In fact IMHO that is the Paranoia so many complain about making them uncomfortable. They feel exposed because of it.

7 Likes

I agree, it’s the walls of the unconscious mind being reduced in its ability to keep the painful memories and emotions under tight control.

A lot of emotions are stored in your major muscle groups like quads, back and abdominal regions. When these muscles get very tired and then relax to recover, the emotions stored in them start to release.

If you look at someone sitting or reclined and they have limbs crossed they are holding on to the emotions stored in those muscles by creating a non relaxed muscle position because the stress the position causes feels more comfortable psychologically than being relaxed and the emotions becoming released.

Weed causes relaxation of mind and body.

When I was a psycho analyst my clients anxiety levels would climb during therapy until they reached a level equal to where the memory and emotion caused it to be repressed. At that point the memory and emotion was re experienced as they abreacted to its release.

I used hypnosis to speed up this process but weed would probably create the same effect and result. The hypnosis deeply relaxes the body and mind with the right positive suggestions.

Unfortunately hypnosis and weed doesn’t work well together, people just move very quickly through alpha brainwave where hypnosis works best, to delta and fall asleep.

9 Likes

In my experience cannabis is a mood enhancer. I rarely use but I NEVER use if I’m in a foul mood.

I only use when I’m already feeling good.

1 Like

For me, weed in general helps with mine, skunky stuff is particularly helpful.

For non users, or light users though thc is not great for anxiety. I didn’t get over the weed paranoia till I had been a regular smoker for several years.

Cbd on the other hand while doing for me seems to ease every non stoner I’ve suggested it to. From my mom who absolutely hates the weed high to my dad who’s who still brags about that time he got his high school classmates suspended for smoking “reefer” in the gym locker room. Well every may been an overstatement; 2 the 2 people I’ve recommended it to :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Cannabinoids like any drug effects everyone differently.
This is my opinion based on self analysis, and personal observations of those who surround me.
Also, I admire guys like Sigmund Freud, Karl Abraham, Alfred Adler, Erich Fromm, Erik Erikson because is their work dealing with mental issues. I especially enjoy Pavlov theory of classical conditioning. I relate to these guys and a host of others study psychology, conscience, because of my own mental awareness.
Anxiety is a mental state that governed my the mind in response to chemical input.
By chemical input, i don’t just mean a drug. It’s all chemicals that affect our bodies. The light that come into our eyes, generate a chemical response in our body. The food we eat, the water we drink. What we hear, smell, and touch all create chemical responses within our bodies.
The average person tend to ignore these basic, but essential chemical processes that are happening every second of the day within our bodies.
Because medical science tells us that we all have these basic processes, people tend to place every one in a single category. Totally ignoring the fact that every individual process chemical differently.
Due to the way our bodies gather energy, some people break down certain chemicals faster, or slower, or cannot break them down at and move them to alternate process. The fact is very little of what we consume goes to waste.
Excess, which is consuming the chemicals faster than the body can process them is the biggest problem within the human body.
The reaction from excess can be as simple as blinking the eye, or sweating. Even coughing and sneezing is the bodies response to excess.
On the other hand, excess can have a more dramatic effect such as vomiting or pooping. People take these processes as the norm and don’t look at them as the effect of over consuming.
Only when dealing with the harsher responses such as rashes, or inebriation… aka the high, do people pay attention to the body crying for help. Unfortunately, by this point, the body is well past needing help, and is attempting to help itself.
Anxiety is no different than fever or chills, pertaining to the body dealing with excess.
The hardest part is finding the exact excess that is triggering the anxiety. It could be a very simple such as a horn blowing @ 6am, or the cup of coffee, or maybe the doughnut. The the drive to work. Or any number of stimuli that trigger the chemical responses that causes your anxiety.
If you are one of those that believe cannabinoids are the causes of your anxiety, the fact is the anxiety was already present. The psychological nature of cannabinoids, bring mental issues to the forefront of consciousness. This effect can be both positive and negative at the same time. A users can be both paranoid and creative under the influence of cannabis or an other chemical stimulation.
The mind is a beautiful place to spend time in. As you see, I spend a lot of time in my head so I know it pretty well. Psychological issues all have an underline cause. “Think” outside the box when looking for a solution. Smoke a fat j. I mean get right… and then listen to what your mind is telling you. In my opinion, cannabis is like debugging the mind. It finds the problem and will tell you what it is. But it’s up to the individuals to alleviate the cause of mental issues.

4 Likes

I’ve found Lacan, and Zizek very useful in both self and social analysis.

2 Likes

From what I’ve gathered, you’re going to want to try and find lowish THC strains that are high in myrcene limonene and caryophyllene. Then it’s all about correct dosage. If you have zero tolerance, start by smoking the tiniest amount possible and waiting. Then if you need a touch more take another. I used to dab daily and could smoke an eighth in one sesh and be fine but now that my tolerance is absolutely back down to zero I have to dose much lower to get desired effects. Good for the wallet I guess.

3 Likes

any strain examples?

2 Likes

any particular recommendations?

Zizek’s a perverts guide to ideology is great, Lacans four fundamentals of psycho analysis is good, but difficult.

2 Likes

Also would recommend reading zizeks How to read Lacan while reading Lacan. Unless you already have a good grasp on Hegel.

2 Likes

Fantastic, fantastic insight, man. I’m nodding my head through the whole thing.

Picking this back up because I’m prepping for my first home grow and am interested in exactly this profile. Pro-social, uplifting and anti-anxiety, but without drowsiness. Low THC.

Gonna cluster my questions, hope this is OK posting protocol…

@ramblinrose @ItsintheGenetics Thanks for the links and strain recommendations. AK Bean Brains 907 Blue Genes - alas sold out - as is breeders choice mix 2 (recommended by ramblinrose)… Any others? Am looking for low THC.

@NorthNorthNugs Thanks for this! I have CBG from NuLeaf which has some of the best quality controls among CBD oil brands. I have seen Dr. Russo in webinars hosted by the Society for Cannabis Clinicians

Thank you for any recommendations, anybody. I’m completely new to growing so any tricky or finicky chemovars are probably best for when I’m more experienced.

I am keen to get growin’ and want to put a little research into the first strain to grow. My Mephisto autos will wait.

Thank you @Phil_Bombs for this thread.

3 Likes